Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Up Coming Weekend

Hello you all,

Carson is going to church camp this weekend and yesterday I was asked to go along as one of the third grade sponsers had to drop out. We leave tomorrow evening so I will not be available for our Friday night get togethers. I will be thinking about you all as we are traveling and hope that you all have an uneventful weekend.

Love

Derek

Derek I will miss you tomorrow night but I think you will have a nice weekend and be happy you were able to go. Have a fun and safe trip and let us know all about it when you return. Hope the weather is good too, I know here in Jersey tomorrow and especially tomorrow night we are in for some nasty storms !

Love,

Wendy

Our forecast is for mild weather. 80's during the day and 50's to 60's at night. Our first chance for rain is Sunday afternoon to Sunday night and we should be back by 4:30 so hopefully we will beat the rain. Thank you for you thoughts and pray that we have a safe journey.

Love

Derek

Well what we used to do is if we didn't have a parka we would bring large garbage bags, you know the big black ones? And if worse came to worse you split it at the seam for your head and wear that and hey if it doesn't rain you can always put your dirty clothes in there. Don't forget your bug spray and suntan lotion too ! Have fun!

Love,

Wendy

Had a great weekend, Carson and I got to spend some time together and even he said he was happy we had the time together. I all went very well until I got back to the church and discovered that someone had popped the passenger lock off and had stolen my radio. They are getting bold, the car was in direct view of the police station and under a light. The police officer said that they have had personnel cars broken into while they have been on duty. Oh well, I am not going to let it get me down, it is only metal and electronics that can be fixed. Nothing can replace the fun I had with Carson this weekend.

Love always

Derek

William I swear this time it is for real about Derek's car, I swear I didn't do it !!!

Derek, I am so glad you are back and had a wonderful time with Carson, that is great. I am really sorry though what happened to you car, that is so sad after such a nice time you guys had together. Did you need to use the plastic bags as rain coats??? LOL

Love,

Wendy :wub:

LOL That is too funny, I could see you walking out to the parking lot and saying that d*&% Wendy she did it again ! Well even though that stinks what happened it can't change the fact that you had a super weekend and that is what is important. It is nice to have you back !

Love,

Actually I think he has been better than me. For about 4 nites now I have fallen asleep in Steve's recliner, sitting straight up and not even reclining no less and then waking up around 5-6:30am and then taking my meds and crawling into bed for a short time with a sore arm from leaning to one side and a stiif neck and shoulders. I have to get out of this horrible routine but I don't even know I am getting tired it is like I am fine one minute and out the next !

Love,

Wendy

One thing I do is go into my bedroom to watch TV that way if I fall asleep, when I wake up all I have to do is shut the TV off and go right back to sleep. I have found that if I fall asleep in the living room then by the time I get up get the lights turned off and crawl in bed then I am wide awake and can't sleep. The less movement the easier it is to fall back to sleep.

Take your meds, you are up right now and you are thinking about them.

Step away from the computer and take your meds. This is not a suggestion.

Love always

Derek

Thanks Derek, that is what I needed is someone to be firm with me. I miss that alot with Steve gone cause he is the one who used to give me my meds at night and make me get into bed. He used to say "What would you do without me here at night" and I would say " Forget my meds and crash in the livingroom". Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about that conversation till now, and I am doing exactly what I said I would do. Oh dear, now I am upset. Thank you Derek I am going to take my meds right now and go get in bed so I can get up for work in the morning. You must have known that is what I needed for someone to be firm with me, thank you my dear dear friend. Good Night....

Love,

Derek, I am so glad you and Carson had a great weekend and that you didn't let it ruin it (what happened). Never let any thief or anyone "rain on your parade"! I hope all goes well with getting it fixed. At least no one can take our memories!