Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My husband passed away 5 months ago. We had so many dreams and plans. I have 3 sons (14,16, 20) and am now a single mom. I feel so lost and dont see how I could ever be happy again. I walk thru life in a daze and dont really know what to do.

:( Teri

I'm not sure, but I think you're new and I want to welcome you. I'm sorry you lost your husband....5 months is a short length of time and I really do know what you're going through. Mine passed away just over two years ago. My 3 children are grown and I have two grandchildren. I'm very thankful for my family, they are a comfort. Being alone is very difficult in a multitude of ways but mainly we just plain miss them so much, I understand. This new life takes a lot of courage with tons of "ups and downs." You feel fairly okay one day and rotten the next. Just figure all those feelings, emotions, actions and everything are just what we all go through, even though that doesn't help much. I know I'm much better than I was in the first year. You will find very caring people here at various stages in this process. Come back and let us know how you're doing.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hi Terry and welcome. Mine passed away 7 months ago , we were 47 and 48 yrs old. My children are 25 and 19. We also had so many dreams....we wanted to retire early, live away from the city, enjoy our grandchildren and even go into Christian Ministry. This life is hard and I am nowhere near getting used to it. Its probably the worst experience I have ever had in my life. It fills me with pain to know that I am the only parent my children have now...I will pray for strength for you nad the children..we WILL get through this with Gods help!

Hello Teri and welocme to our group. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I too lost my husband 7 months ago to a blood clot that went to his heart, never a warning, alive one day and gone the next ! We had so many hopes and dreams, had just finished an addition on the house and hoped to grow old and grey together. Well I will be getting old and gray all by myself now. We have 2 daughters, one is 26 and had the honor of her Dad walking her down the isle and the other is 22 and will never have that honor. We are all surviving here one day at a time with the support we get from one another. I myself know I would have not come this far without my new family here. Hope to hear from you again.

Love,

Wendy

Teri,

You have found a good group of people who have walked where you are walking. We are here to support and encourage each other and help each other know we are not alone. We welcome you to this site yet are sorry you are having to experience this loss and pain.

Teri,

I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the group. Feel free to pour your heart out here, vent, or whatever ... we are here to listen.

I am 50 and lost my wife a little less than 3 months ago. I can imagine how much more difficult it is for you with three kids (my son and daughter are well out of the nest, but I was a single parent between marriages so I know it is a huge responsibility under the best of circumstances).

Best to you,

--Bob

My husband passed away 5 months ago. We had so many dreams and plans. I have 3 sons (14,16, 20) and am now a single mom. I feel so lost and dont see how I could ever be happy again. I walk thru life in a daze and dont really know what to do.

:( Teri

Teri,

So sorry that this has happened to you. I lost my wife 1 1/2 years ago and I have a 8 year old son. Like you I didn't think that I would be a single parent at 38. I am glad you have found this site, all of us here will be here for you any time you need to talk.

Love always

Derek

Hello Teri and welcome..

I am sorry for your loss, I lost my wife 7 months ago from cervical cancer at 37, I am 40, and indeed it is hard to imagine life without our soulmates at our age. You arrived at a wonderful and peaceful place here,

Love,

William

Teri I'm so sorry for your loss. I to lost my husband 9 months ago. To say this is the hardset thing that we will ever have to go through is an understatment. Like you I am not to old 49 and this is something that I thought was many years away. But coming here and posting HELPS come and say what ever you need and we will all be here to help you through this. Gail

Teri,

My husband had just turned 51 the week he died and we'd only been married 3 years and 8 months...like you, I thought we had plenty of time left. Little did I know we'd never even retire together. It's very hard when it's a shock like that.