Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Strange Feelings

Hellow my friends.Some of you would like to know how is life in Greece.I must tellyou that for me summer is a beautiful season.It never rains its hot but dry and the sea is clear and warm.I was always expecting summer with joy. The mainland is saroundet by more than 2000 islands.I have been to one of them last weekend I could not enjoy and feel any happiness >my friends were wathing thee moon shining at the sea music was playing and I was desperate and full of tears.I came back to my summer house it was our dream house to spend the rest of our lifes together now its only me.Although my son and grand children are with me I cant stop missing him more and more and feel so alone and desperate.MY mind is on my loss and thinking what the future is planing for me.Trying to be busy but IM so tired.thanks for being here for meYOur far away friend >TENY

Teny,

I remember someone's signature containing the words "This is NOT the life I ordered!" - I think that sums it up for most of us. I know you planned on spending your life with Yianni in your dream house and now you feel alone...try to imagine him there with you, I think he is, in spirit. Carry him with you, always, reach down inside of you for him. He is there with you watching the summer, even as you are.

Love,

KayC

Teny in such a beautiful setting I can not imagine how hard that must be while you are missing Yianny so much. I had a rough time the other night while watching fireworks as we always held hands but with such beautiful scenery and weather like that it must me hard, especially at night with all the stars, hang in there my faraway friend, we will somehow get though this together !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Oh Teny, i am so sorry that you were not able to find some comfort there. it sounds like a beautiful place. You have to remenber he is always with you where ever you go. i wish i could take your pain away, i can feel it in your words. all my love lori

Teny, I am new to this group so I really don't know your story and can only feel part of your pain but I am sorry that you seem to be in such a beautiful place and are so sad. They say that time heels all wounds but I too feel at times like it is getting worse instead of better. It's strange how you talk about looking at the night sky and filling with tears because this just happened to a friend of mine and myself at an outdoor muni opera. Neither of us mentioned it to the other until it was over. It's like we're all searching the sky for our special person. My daughter swears there is a certain star that winks at her every night. Maybe you can find your "special" star some time and get comfort from that. I do know that joining this group has helped because I know I can say anything and people understand. You don't have to put up a front here. Good luck in your search for happiness without your loved one. Keep your family close because that is one thing I know has helped me.

Mary Linda

Mary Linda, your comforting message to Teny reminds me of the lovely words inspired by an Eskimo legend:

Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.