Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi this is the first time I have done this but thought I would see what it is like. I lost my husband in Feburary very suddenly. I usually am doing good but lately have been feeling very lonely even though I am rarely alone. I am finding it hard to be around my friends because they are all married. At first it didnt bother me i was just so happy to have people close to me. This seems like a silly thing with all that has happened but thought maybe some else had felt this way. Thanks for listening.

Hi Jlynn,

I'm glad you found our group. There are many very caring people here who have been down this road for just a little bit or for a longer time. I've been without my husband for 3 years now, so I've gone through many of the emotions, feelings, etc. that you'll be going through. Feeling lonely just goes with the situation, being around friends that are married can be good or bad. All of the things you'll go through just depend on the timing, the feelings, so many things. What you've gone through is so very definately life changing and so much can happen - good and not so good. Trying to keep busy....there are so many ways with dealing with grief. Coming here will show you how so many of us have dealt with it, and each length of time is each person's. So, I am so sorry for the reason you have to be here....we sure didn't ask for it, right? You just try and keep healthy and care for yourself.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hi Jlynn,

I just want to welcome you to this group, there are so many very sweet and understanding people here. I lost my husband in March today is the 4 month mark. I too am sorry for your loss and am happy you found this site, for it has and continues to help me on a daily bases, most times I read all the post everyday to let me know I am not alone. Again sorry for your loss and welcome keep posting.

Love you all

Jackie

Jlynn,

I can't add much to what Karen has said. You are coming to the stage where the shock is finally starting to wear off and reailty is setting in. You can be in a room full of people and feel totally alone. It does get better, just hang in there you are among friends. It has been a little over 2 years now for me since my wife passed away. Sometimes even now I think that I am going to wake up and this will have been one big nightmare that I was having. No such luck so far. Please feel free to post anything that is on your mind no matter how small you may think it is, I can guarentee you that there is someone here on this site that has experienced it and knows what it is like and knows how to get through it. There have been many times for me in the begining where I thought I was going to crawl out of my skin, I came here and posted and before I knew it there was someone replying to my post with words of encouragement and things to do to help me get through. This site and the people on it have been a lifesaver to me. Again, welcome to the site, I am glad that you have found us. So sad it had to be under these circumstances that we all have gotten to meet, however I am very thankful for each and every one of them.

Love always

Derek

jlynn,

I also want to welcome you but am sorry we had to meet this way. I know all too well what you mean. I lost my dear sweet husband almost 17 months ago, and to this day you could put a thousand people in a room with me and I would feel lonely. I have all the support from my family and my family here but nothing could replace my Steve. Please do not feel that anything you are feeling or writing is silly or weird, I guarantee if you look back on our posts we probably all said or asked the same things at one point.... and as you can see some of us are still feeling them !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Jlynn like everyone has said to you welcome just wish that it was not like this..so sorry for your loss. For me it has been 18 months..and the hardest 18 months of my live. You have found a good place the people here are very loving..for me I would not have gotten through these months without the people on this site..please come when ever you feel you need to and post. Any time day or night someone will posted you back...I know how much it helps to come and posts you can cry scream what ever you need and we will all be here for you. Gail :wub:

Jlynn,

Today is 7 months for me. My husband died very suddenly also. This site has been a big help to me. I found it rather soon after my husband passed away and at first was unable to post. I would read and cry but there was a strange comfort in reading the posts and having my feelings validated. I also attend a grief support group in which I have made some "real" friends for life. I was in a position to retire from my job after a few months to think about it and have replaced working with taking care of myself, some volunteer work and also the added duties of yardwork, etc. my "other half" used to do. I'm glad you found this site. I know it will help you in this unwanted journey we are all taking.

Love,

Sherry

Hi Jlynn, my husband died very suddedly also. I said good by when I went to work and those were the last words I spoke to him. Glad you found the site. It has been helpful for me. Mine passed away on March 9, 2008. What is great about the people here they all understand your feelings because they have or are still going through them. Take care. Jan

JLynn,

Welcome to this site. You have just found a "family" of people who, like you, have lost our beloved mates, and we travel through this journey together. You will find you are not alone and your feelings and experiences are completely normal. As Derek said, this is about the time frame when the cushioning shock wears off and reality sets in that it's not just a dream and they aren't coming back...that is a hard-hitting message. It helps to remind yourself that this is all temporary and we will be with them again someday...and if anyone out there has news otherwise, don't tell me! ;)

Losing your spouse is probably the single hardest thing you'll ever face, yet you have done it so far...we are here to help each other survive, to care for each other, comfort and encourage each other, maybe offer hints/ideas. This is the best site there is with the greatest group of people!

Please feel free to come back any time and post whatever you are feeling, we are here to listen...

Love,

KayC

I want to thank all of you who replied, it had always helped to know I am not alone, well as alone as I feel sometimes. I have been reading through some of the old posted messages and it is strange to see some of my feelings wrtten down although not by me. I wasnt really sure that this was the thing for me because I have always felt like we need to pick ourselves up and do what needs to be done but I never pictured this!! I have been strong for our daughter but its nice to have others to talk to. Thanks again.