Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Love You!

fred

Well, Its been awhile since I been around, but I wanted to say, Fred, of course you know I known dear Wendy since early in our journey of loss, but talking to her and seeing her happiness and joy she has sought for so long, you gave her a wonderful gift of friendship and love, and thats awesome, there is hope and a future post grief, at least when you dont go looking it happens, and its just so neat to see you guys where you are now! Bless you, Jersey & New York girls, yes awesome!!

William

Thank you so much William, you know you are my closest and most dearest friend and I love you with all my heart! I am so happy to see you here posting again as I am sure everyone else will be too, you are one of us and always will be my friend..please keep coming back so it is not just me that gets your wonderful advice and friendship.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy, thanks for the encouragement,I love you always and always thanking God for bringing you and others in my path in the worst and better times in my life

Hugs,

William

Guest moparlicious

Mike and Wendy, He he, Jersey girls are the best, I was born in Montclair and grew up in Wood-Ridge till I was 16 and moved to AZ, but in Feb. going to North Carolina, no family in Jersey anymore, but hey Im closer to some of you now and so so sad I will be leaving my friends In AZ, its time to move on for new life and adventure, but hey this is turning into ME, ME, ME ha ha. I am so happy for you both, you never know what life will bring you and hey maybe Dan will send a angel my way and I will open my door in this wall I have. Love you guys, Kim

Wendy, my mother was from Jersey, and Denise is from New York, I think its getting popular around here :wub:

Kim are you relocating? I did that last year and it helped alot not having to remember places, things, all the such, I lived in Phoenix for 40 years and moved to E Mesa last December to start over, perhaps for some, that helps the healing and renewal.

Mike, I believe in hope and finding love again, and when its least expected she will find you, I tried 3 - 4 sites at once, I think the ratio is 15 for 2 men on some of the sites :mellow:

:wub: Well...Hi William...remember me?

I don't reply here too much, but I felt you were a person I needed to talk with. You are special to me. I know the things you have gone through and maybe still are some of them. I am good. I am feeling better with my son because he was evicted because of the drug people being there but he is back at the treatment center, and feeling good about it (from his voice.) It's been a long, hard time but he's safe from them for now. I'm so glad you're doing well. I think about you, care about you and pray for your continued well being.

Always your friend, Karen :wub:

Karen, of course I remember you :wub: , and our conversation on the phone awhile back, I am happy that his issues and health are addressed in the way for the both of you, how long ago did this happen to him? I had my ups and downs still, and as of late I am in the overdrive mode, I stopped one of my medications until I see my pdoc so I can have some normalcy right now. you can IM me too ok? sometimes I don't write or talk much but I hope its not taken personally, I am happy to hear from you :)

Love,

William

I don't know how to IM you. Danny started getting this when he was 15 or so, but this last "stuff" has been going on (3 apartments, 3 evictions, for the last 10 years) for that amount of time. I so know how tough it is and I know how it can be for you, too. I know you must get so tired of all of this and I pray your new lady understands, too. She must be a special person! Thank you for remembering us...your fiend...Karen :wub:

Guest moparlicious

William,

Yes I am moving at the end of Feb to North Carolina,my son is going to school there and I did meet someone here in AZ and he moved to North Carolina, but I do not know where that will go or if he is the one for me, flakes out alot and I want someone I can talk to every day even if its for a minute or two. I am so happy you are with Denise and you stopped one of your meds, hmmmm I may have a thought on that, but whatever you feel is best for you. I miss talking to you on the phone, and did I fail to tell you what a great friend you are???? We kinda drifted apart but I don't know why, I miss your friendship!!!!!! I still have your number, don't be surprised if I call you. I wish you the best of luck with Denise I hope you find the happiness you are looking for. I have many friends in Ohio, 6 hours from North Carolina and I am looking forward to a new life, now I am done with school and will be graduating in Dec, many opportunities may come my way, don't know if I am really ready for a relationship, I am happy get to know who I am and learning to live as a single person and a widow, its not that bad really, and I have found out so many things about me. Not being a couple after being married 20 years and with only Dan since high school takes much adjustment, but hey I'm only 41 years old and I have plenty of time to share my life with someone when that person comes along. Take care of yourself and be well!!!! Love ya, Kim

Karen, its never easy, though I would like to think it is sometimes, mental illness is a constant battle to function and live a quality life, hopefully Danny will find what he needs and recover as long as needed. I have the IM here on the site.

Kim, I am sorry to see you go but in the other hand, its a recovery right? I know what you mean about being with someone, sometimes, it is a stress dealing with another personality, theres been times myself just going back to the life post widow, the med was interfering with aspects of the relationship which there was no quick fix. hard to get a doctor sometimes. I don't know what happened to us losing contact, maybe at the time alot was happening, I did switch over my number, you can email me and I give you a new #, I really like your friensdhip and I don't have anyone locally that knows our situation and loss.

william

Dearest friends and online family, I can´t tell you how happy I am to have received all of your best wishes and hopes for a promising future. Wendy and I wanted all of you to know that there will be a tomorrow and that it is possible for it to be a better day than today. You know we are still grieving, we still miss our spouses terribly, we still have some really bad days; but we also know that we can pick up the phone at any time and talk to someone that loves us, that cares very deeply for us and will talk us through those darkest times. The hope and bond we share is helping to heal us, we are slowly moving forward and growing together. This is special,for both of us. It is something that I wish for all of you; when you are ready. For we also know that we are quite unlike ninety-eight percent of people that are just beginning or in the midst of dating relationships, We are not twenty-somethings with unreasonable expectations of love or newly divorced people with a bad relationship to overcome, or on the rebound from a recent breakup. We have already had and lost what all of those people are expending all of their energy to find. There is no one here for us to be angry with or to be glad that we are no longer together. Wendy and I both went from being very happily married with plans to remain so for the rest of our lives to suddenly lost. Everything was gone literally in an instant; no warning, no chance to say goodbye, the earth split and our lives were over. It hasn´t been easy for us in any way.

But God has other plans for us. We aren´t to wallow in self-pity for the rest of our days. We found all of you, together we will be healed; we will know hope and someday begin again. We are here to pick ourselves up, or to be helped up by all of you so that together we can help each other heal. And so, we will be here. Opening our arms and hearts to those who unfortunately find themselves thrust into our midst, so we might help them heal as well. And for us, Wendy and I, it looks like we will be walking this road together. Slowly and hesitantly for now, for we are both fragile creatures and almost more than anything else; we don´t want to take any chances where one or the other of us might get hurt. It is an understanding we have, to go forward so slowly and carefully so that there is no more pain. Of course it is not possible. We are individuals; two different people with different pasts and viewpoints and all of that which makes us so attracted to each other. But keeping in mind the fact that the most important thing to each of us is the other, is what makes it possible to take each step. We have had ups and downs, you all know that is what life and relationships are all about. As long as you learn from each misstep, you will be able to take the next one in the right direction. But we also have the opportunity here to learn from each other.

Some of you have moved ahead, gone back into the world to begin again. Some of you have tried dating and learned of the pitfalls we may all have to negotiate. There are things that will arise between those of us that have lost our loves and those that have never known such love. There are things we will face as we try to move ahead regardless of the direction we take. Are there suggestions you have for Wendy and I as we move forward, suggestions others may learn from when they get to this point? What have you learned from your experiences that you can share? We are here to give each other hope and comfort, to know we are not alone. We are here to help each other get through this, to give a hand, or a hug when needed, or just because we can. To those of you that have made this transition, what are the most important things you can tell those of us just beginning. Or those that just need to know that someday they may feel the same hope.