Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Prayer Request

I don't know how many of you are aware that Mary Linda and I are friends who met at our local grief support but God has blessed me with a wonderful friendship in her. I am posting this as she cannot get to a computer right now.

She took her Mother in for a heart cath this morning. She just called to tell me there is a large blood clot in a very dangerous position and they were unable to place a stent. They left the catheter in and have placed her in cardiac care until they can determine if open heart surgery will be her best chance and to see if she will consent.

I told Mary Linda I would post a prayer request for her Mother right away because the situation is imminent. I know you will all include Mary Linda in your prayers as well. We know it is hard enough to be grieving a spouse and now for her to have this added scare.

Thanks everyone!

Sherry

Thank you for letting us know, we will certainly pray for her mom (and her). Most hospitals have computers that the visitor can use, if she is there for very long, she might want to ask about that, I know our hospital does.

Thanks everybody for your concern.

She is finally finished with the surgery - not out in recovery yet but the main Dr. is done. He said it was much worse when he got in there than he thought. That is what the cardiologist said yesterday when he found the clot. It was so bad they didn't even take the cardiac cath out after the procedure for fear it would kill her. He said all it would take was for 2 red blood cells to join hands and it would be all over. So I'm glad we've gotten this far. They did 3 bypasses and had to repair the mitral valve. She just turned 82 but has always been in pretty good health so I'm hoping that will help.

I just don't know if I can take it if something happens. I know some of you have had this experience and I admire that you have made it through. Please continue your prayers and I'll try to keep you updated.

Great news so far then MaryLinda. It was worse than they expected and yet she still seems to have tolerated it all pretty well. That's great really.

I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Try to get some rest for you too! This is stressful.. no question. So sneak in naps while she is, if you can. I know that isn't always possible. The nurses told me when my husband was in the ICU that, "We don't let you sleep or eat much when you are in here... nobody likes us." lol

And that is true... usually the patients are either too ill to eat or they aren't allowed to and .. you know.. vitals every "x" number of minutes... adjusting this and that, the lab people want blood.. respiratory therapy.. sleep is near impossible. But do try to take some cat naps if she is. And EAT something yourself once in awhile.. K?

leeann

Mary Linda,

So glad to hear your Mother made it thru the surgery and that you got a minute to post for everyone. I drove by your house after Bible study tonight but the lights were low and I didn't want to disturb you if you weres resting. I've just been really concerned for you as well as your mom. I've been holding you both in prayer and will continue to do so.

I love you friend,

Sherry

Mary Linda I am glad your Mom is doing well, our prayers will continue, please take care of yourself too and let us know how she is doing. I can't help but wondering if they had noticed the same thing with my Steve before his clot got ahold of his heart if he would still be here right now. She is lucky they caught this when they did.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy:

I saw your post and thought to respond that you should not beat yourself up on the would of could ofs. Even if it looks like the same thing happened to Steve, everybody is different. The nurses in the hospital always used to tell me that about Alex. That just because someone is recovery or thought to have the same diagnosis, everyones body is different. There are friends of mine that talk about Alex's condition and if he had only gone to the doctor about his leg. All that talk and thinking just makes the grieving longer.

So don't think that way and make yourself sick.

Also, Mary Linda, hope your mom is on the way to recovery.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Mary Linda,

I'm glad to hear it's going well, we'll keep praying!

and a hearty amen to Jeannie's post!

Oh Wendy, I am so sorry this has brought back bad memories for you.

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. My mom is doing GREAT. They moved her out of the recovery area last night at 10:30 to a cardio pulmonary floor and had her up walking today much to her shagrin(not sure of spelling)

The ight after her surgery she said she did it because she wanted to enjoy her new house a little longer (she moved after 60 years n the same house to one on one level and just loves the house and her neighbors). She didn't have it because of me or my sibilings but for the love of her house. I really teased her about that one today.

Again, thank all of you so much.