Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Survived Another Anniversary

When George and I were married, it was sweetest day Oct 19 2001. It was also the time to change the clocks so we got an extra hour on our wedding night...everyone teased us about planning that, but we didn't, it just happened like that. This Sunday would have been our 7th anniversary. Somehow it just seems so unfair, when we loved each other so much and got along so well. There's all these bad marriages that are left intact, it just doesn't seem right, you know?

I still think of you George, always...

Oh ((((((KayC)))))) Big Hugs to you. I'm glad you made it through.. but I know.. such sadness lingers.... and I suppose that is only natural.

I'm glad you got married on Sweetest Day... I didn't know about this sweetest day til you all posted about it.

If it is any consolation to you... my hub and I just celebrated 24 yrs together...so there is some hope that good unions still exist and I dare say you all have taught me many more ways not to take my beloved for granted. I have learned quite a bit from you all and I would be remiss if I neglected to thank you.

So thanks... really.. it helps me.

XO

leeann

Hi Kay, Maybe it isn´t right, but treasure the time you had together. My Jackie and I would have celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary a little over a week ago on the 13th. We didn´t get the extra hour you had on our wedding night, but were still celebrating our honeymoon right up until the day I lost her. And we did think that at times we would be celebrating our anniversary on friday the 13th (great way to chase off the demons! lol). I clearly remember wondering what this second marriage was going to bring for both of us. We both had essentially just barely survived horrible first marriages and were starting anew merely a month after September 11th. I don´t know how that affected you out in the west, but here, barely an hour out of New York City, our entire world was unstable. How shocked we all would have been to know how little time we had to share together. I know I can´t wish you a happy anniversary, but I can send you a big hug ((( :wub: ))) and hopes and prayers for a better day tomorrow. Take care of yourself!

Edited by fred

Kay, It isn't fair. I'm glad you survived another anniversary and I know its so hard to understand why these things happen. I still feel robbed of the life Larry and I looked forward to, its what kept him alive until the end. I wish for your some comfort and peace in the days ahead. Deborah Love you my friend!

Dear Kay,

Another anniversary...Congratulations on getting through it and I am happy you had an awesome marriage, though I ache for your loss. I know it isn't fair. We would be celebrating our 22nd this Saturday, my 2nd alone. We didn't get an extra hour on our wedding night, either, but we did have a HUGE Halloween parade that stopped people from getting to the reception. (Our reception was in the self proclaimed Halloween Capital of the World.)

I hope you did something wonderful for yourself. I know that's probably the last thing on your mind but you deserve some pampering. Sending warm hugs to you!

Love,

Kath

KayC, the pain dimishes but the memories never fade. Even as we continue with broken hearts, we know that we were all loved...unconditionally.........TRUELY LOVED! I still don't understand where time has gone for 3yrs, 4 months. I could not have survied without the strong support from all my dear friends here....thank you KayC.

I think the "extra hour" was majical for you and George.

Always Gene!

Always!

Kay,

You and George had something that was so very special, embrace that and know that it will always be safe in your heart where no person can touch it or take it away from you. What would we have without the wonderful memories of our loved ones who have passed on ? I also do not know anything about sweetest day but I think I will now look into it. Take care and know that you are loved very dearly here with us !

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Dear Kayc I do understand the pain.Aniversaries are very hard days.My wedding day was the 9 of november.The 2 of nov he was gone forever.WE were going to celebrate our 40 years of true love together.I was 18 and Yiany 29.It is so dificult to survive having only the memories.As you say it is NOT FAIR.My love from far away.TENY

Thank you all for your love...there are many things about life we can't understand, we know it changes and evolves whether unbidden or not. Some of those changes while not welcome, do teach us a great deal and help us be there for others who need us. Other than that I can't see why I have to be without him, but I know I'll join him again someday in a place where time is not measured by anniversaries and dates, but the happiness is continual.