Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Its My Steves Birthday

Hey everyone, today, January 24th is my husband's birthday and I am having a rough time. Mostly because I thought the 24th was on Sunday and I had a couple days left to prepare, well at just after midnight I realized that the 24th is now by seeing the date on my computer, I broke into tears. I was just wondering if anyone remembers how to go online and light a candle for your loved one, I just can't remember how to do it.

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you today...it is still the 23rd by my time, but it is his birthday in NJ. I "lit a candle" for George once, it meant something to be able to do so. Just knowing they will never be forgotten, as long as we are alive, brings me consolation. How could they be, they were so special!

Happy Birthday Steve, wherever you are, I look forward to meeting you someday! Your Wendy is so special, I know she longs to be with you again, but we need to keep her here just a while longer...but you keep that spot saved for her, she'll be with you again someday!

LeeAnn thanks so much for the hug and yes that is what I was looking for, thank you so very much !

Karen thank you so much for being here for me, you are one of the sweetest people I know, I love you too !

Kay my dear friend, thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and when I read what you wrote to Steve I really broke down and cried, you are too wonderful and I love you dearly.

It is 3am now, I should be fast asleep but I can't stop crying. I am drinking coffee out of Steve's motorcycle mug I had made with his bike on it and I just watched the tribute my daughter made for him, I lit a candle on line for him and lit my own candle here. I can't believe in just over a month it will be 2 years since he passed and the end of April would have been our 30th wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone and why does it still seem like it was yesterday he slipped away from me? Why am I taking this harder this year than last year? I miss him so very much, why did he have to be taken from me? Why can't I crawl into bed and just fall asleep in his arms, why do I no longer feel him near me, I used to be able to smell him all around me and now I no longer can, where did he go? I am going to go put one of his shirts on and try to sleep, goodnight my friends.

Love Always,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syjfs1Uuuvc...feature=related

Happy Birthday Babe, I LOVE YOU !!! You always were and always will be my Hero and The Wind Beneath My Wings......................

Dear WENDY Your words brought tears in my eyes.Im so sorry you hurt but I know the feeling.cause every night I have this horrible lonely feeling.During the day that Im working it is easier but when night falls how can you forget the arms that were arownd you?You have been here for me the past 2 years and thank you so much.Hope tommorow is another day.Love from far away TENY

Wendy,

Any time you can't sleep, you can call me, I don't care if it is the middle of the night, I can always go back to sleep, you hear me? My mind is on you today, and I hope you're sleeping in. Motorcycle mug, huh? Another motorcycle nut? :rolleyes: I just ordered new checks yesterday (without John's name on them) and guess what I ordered...Harley checks! :P I had to really stop and think about that, did I want them because it was "our" thing, or did I want them because they're "me"?! I decided they're "me", and with or without John, I still like Harleys. If only I had someone to take me on rides, I'm missing it.

Nearly 30 years together, that's wonderful, how you must be missing him! Even though I didn't get very long with George, I count myself so fortunate to have had any time at all with him, we knew each other just 6 1/2 years, but the best years of my life and his both. I still can't sleep in my bed alone, I hate it, I sleep in the recliner. It just seems so empty with no arms around me, I do know what you mean. Night just isn't the same. It's not like I'm not used to being alone, he used to work away during the week, but three nights a week, he was mine, and I guess back then, the nights he was away, I knew he was coming back, now I don't have that consolation, so it's different.

Why are you taking it harder this year than last? Probably because reality has set in, I also thought the 2nd year harder than the first, but nothing compared to the first month...still, we were shielded somewhat by shock and denial then. It will get better next year, but it will be gradual so you won't notice until you look back. Keep that candle burning as all of our thoughts go up for Steve today.

I love you, sweet friend,

Kay

WendyJ,

Sometimes these dates just sneak up on us. Please know that you are in my thoughts. No matter how much time passes I still recognize various dates that mean (and meant) something to Jack and me. As always this is a great place to come to for people who understand.

Wendy - I read your post and i hear you - my anniversary was jan 1, and joe's b/day the 3rd. whoa, doggy, big time meltdown! steve is with you, in your heart and mind and soul - i know how freaking hard this is for you, and my thoughts are with you - be gentle on yourself, love. Marsha

How can I thank you all enough for all your caring and thoughts and love, thank you all who have posted and to Fred, Derek, William and MikeC who didn't post but have been in touch and checking on me, I love you guys ! Kay you have to be the sweetest woman alive, I am sorry I missed your call today, not falling asleep till about 5am kept me in bed till this afternoon. As usual you all have been here for me, we are such a close and loving family aren't we, you guys are the best and I love you all.

Love Always,

Wendy,

Sorry I didn't post earlier. Birthdays are hard for me. (Bob's was earlier this month, too.) I hope you are having better days now that it has passed. You, and evryone here, are thought of often with concern and prayers. Kath