Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What Would You Give?

It's hard to believe that its been 53 months since my dear wife died from cancer. It's even harder to believe that this coming Saturday (Sept 19th) we should be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.

But, I am thankful for the many good years that we spent together and the countless happy memories. :)

I am also grateful for the many friends that I have met here and for their understanding and support over the past four years.

What would I give to have her with me once again?

Here's a video that expresses my thoughts -

Oh Walt, I too found that video and have to agree whole-heartedly that this song just sums it up, doesn't it? We really would give everything that we had to give, for even one day, for even a taste of them ... yet, I know it would never be enough, because we could never get enough of our loves.

It's beautiful. It's poignant. And it's so true.

Thank you.

HUGS

Hi Walt.

I'm PaulaB. I signed up here today. You are truly blessed to have had so many years with your soul mate. I had two years with my Tom. The first year was full of happiness and smiles. The second year was a long hard journey through cancer. Tom passed away in June of this year. There's a big hole that no one will ever be able to fill in the same way. No one will ever be able to take away our heartache and pain right now. But maybe with time this will come to pass. I'm counting on that or at least I want to believe in it for now. I think it will get me through spreading his ashes in Crown King, AZ in October. We live in Phoenix. Tom had a sand rail. It's still in the garage. All of us "railers" are driving up a very big mountain and camping overnight to do it. We can "cross the bridge" for now. That's where Tom wants his ashes to be. I can't think of a more beautiful place.

I would give anything to just be able to talk to Tom, to feel his hand on mine, to feel mine on his. I miss him so much. and I only had two years with him. I can't possibly imagine how you feel.

Paula