Grief Healing Discussion Groups

They Are Watching Out For Us

Hi Everyone,

I have been sick, which is the firs time since Scott passed away 6 months ago. I was unable to wake our son up for school and feed the dogs. When I awoke to our son getting ready, I asked him. Who woke you up? I thought he would be late for school or even have to stay home.... (of course he should be waking up on his own..but that is an entire different subject :) )

Our son replied "dad did" Scott woke our son up every morning as I work early.. when he wouldn't get up after 2x he would go out and feed our horse and then bang on the his window from outside, that would get him up..

That morning when I was sick, a bird flew into his window at the exact time he needed to get up!!! so he heard the same bang that Scott used to do..

It was almost like Scott taking care of me while I sleep and loving and taking care of Brock for school, like he always use to.. I absolutely believe that his was no coincidence and believe they are watching out for us. The same time I was dreaming of him and my gram who just passed away one month ago...

Has these experiences happened to anyone else?

laurie

Absolutely, I can feel him near sometimes, when I really most need him. I can actually feel the love - it wraps me up. I was really ill 2 weeks ago, had swollen ankles and feet to complement my swollen blood pressure ... just really felt so rough, and I SWEAR that I could feel him holding me in bed ALL night, I didn't feel the need to turn round and look ... I knew he would not appear to be there, but he was there - just in a different way, but every time I awoke, which was many times that night, I knew he was holding me ... in the morning, the first words out of my mouth were:

thank you for staying with me all night, Baba ... I love you.

Also I was driving too fast (as usual) and it was like someone shoved me back into the seat, quickly, firmly, but not frightening or painful ... I knew it wasn't something normal intuitively, so slowed right down ... and narrowly avoided a collision with two cars that crashed in front of me. I would have piled into both of them at 90mph - hmmmmmmm.

Great stories! So far, most significantly, the calendar on the desktop computer he always used got stuck on June 17 (until it eventually rebooted, about a month later), which was the last day we spoke (he passed away 2 days later, after he went onto life support on June 18). I like to think he was saying hi from the other side. There have been other more subtle experiences; for example, I was feeling particulary down one night, when an episode on tv ended with a scene where the character proposed to his girlfriend because you never know what is going to happen (ie when you are going to die). And the song playing had lyrics "No one will love you like I do." This was exactly what I needed to hear.

I would like to relate an experience my friend had in relation to her mother who passed away. It was during a time in her life where she was facing a lot of uncertainty - without going into details, she wasn't certain she was making the right decisions, particularly since she was a newly single mother (divorcee) of a young son. Her son had been only 2 or 3 when her mom had passed away. But one day, he went to my friend and told her that his grandmother told him to tell his mother not to worry, and that everything was going to be okay. And when my friend asked him to describe the lady, he described his grandmother. Pretty cool.

Korina

I had just returned from my aunt's funeral in Canada. Some of her children are spiritual, some are not. My aunt was and hoped her children would follow suit. This was on my computer from a friend. The strange thing is, my aunt loved tea cups. She collected them and gave them as gifts. Her husband was English, so they always had a special place in her heart and home. Of course, I had to pass this on to my cousins, but I have no doubt it came from Mary...

I'm A Little Tea Cup....

Love this story or not, you will not be able to have tea in a tea cup again without thinking of this.

There was a couple who took a trip to England to shop in a beautiful antique store to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.?

They both liked antiques and pottery, and especially teacups.?

Spotting an exceptional cup, they asked "May we see that?? We've never seen a cup quite so beautiful."

As the lady handed it to them, suddenly the teacup spoke.

"You don't understand. I have not always been a teacup.

There was a time when I was just a lump of red clay.

My master took me and rolled me pounded and patted me over and over and I yelled out,

"Don't do that." "I don't like it!" "Let me alone," but he only smiled, and gently said; "Not yet!"

Then WHAM! I was placed on a spinning wheel and suddenly I was spun around and around and around.

"Stop it! I'm getting so dizzy!? I'm going to be sick!", I screamed.

But the master only nodded and said, quietly; 'Not yet.'

He spun me and poked and prodded and bent me out of shape to suit himself and then he put me in the oven.

I never felt such heat. I yelled and knocked and pounded at the door.

"Help! Get me out of here!"

I could see him through the opening and I could read his lips as he shook his head from side to side, 'Not yet'.

When I thought I couldn't bear it another minute, the door opened.

He carefully took me out and put me on the shelf, and I began to cool.

Oh, that felt so good! "Ah, this is much better," I thought.

But, after I cooled he picked me up and he brushed and painted me all over.

The fumes were horrible. I thought I would gag.

'Oh, please, Stop it, Stop, I cried.

He only shook his head and said. 'Not yet!'.

Then suddenly he put me back in to the oven. Only it was not like the first one.

This was twice as hot and I just knew I would suffocate.

I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I cried.

I was convinced I would never make it. I was ready to give up.

Just then the door opened and he took me out and again placed me on the shelf,

where I cooled and waited and waited, wondering "What's he going to do to me next?"

An hour later he handed me a mirror and said 'Look at yourself.'

And I did. I said, That's not me; that couldn't be me. It's beautiful.

I'm beautiful!!!

Quietly he spoke: "I want you to remember, then,' he said,

'I know it hurt to be rolled and pounded and patted,

but had I just left you alone, you'd have dried up.

I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the wheel, but if I had stopped, you would have crumbled.

I know it hurt and it was hot and disagreeable in the oven,

but if I hadn't put you there, you would have cracked.

I know the fumes were bad when I brushed and painted you all over,

but if I hadn't done that, you never would have hardened.

You would not have had any color in your life.

If I hadn't put you back in that second oven, you wouldn't have survived for long

because the hardness would not have held.

Now you are a finished product.

Now you are what I had in mind when I first began with you."

The moral of this story is this:

God knows what He's doing for each of us. He is the potter, and we are His clay.

He will mold us and make us and expose us to just enough pressures of just the right kinds

that we may be made into a flawless piece of work to fulfill His good, pleasing and perfect will.

So when life seems hard,

and you are being pounded and patted and pushed almost beyond endurance;

when your world seems to be spinning out of control;

when you feel like you are in a fiery furnace of trials;

when life seems to "stink", try this:

Brew a cup of your favorite tea

in your prettiest tea cup,

sit down and think on this story and then,

have a little talk with the Potter.

Laurie:

Not that exact experience, but I remember when I have lost certain items and maybe a few hours later they would appear out of nowhere. I know that Alex is helping me in any way he can. I think my cats see him. You know how animals can see things that we don't. There have been a few times that I felt someone touching my shoulder while I was laying in bed. I think he wanted me to get up. This wasn't a dream. In fact I thought it was one of my cats that jumped on my shoulder.

I think that is great that you and you son had that experience. When you know that they are still with us, it makes you feel that they are safe and well and in no more pain and that everything will be alright.

Love,

Jeanne

Hi,

I had been living at my uncle's for the past 4 months after my best friend died and unable to find a job or uneager to knock on doors in the job search in and around the area, I am sheepish to say that when my uncle offered me a ticket back to India I said it might be for the good. As soon as we had talked the matter over, my cousin walked into the house and said his previous employer had phoned him if I was interested in starting work at his establishment immediately. I said yes. In a matter of two minutes I, from accepting to go pack and go home, was getting ready to start at the new place,for training, in a couple of hours time. I believe it was my best friend who intervened to keep me in Canada and not go back to India.

Kavish

Laurie - I have no doubt that we receive signs - but I only say that here! I think I was about 3 or 4 months out. I was up very early, getting ready to go in and bake. I had the weather channel on, like I always do. I remember thinking, "I can't do this." Then the "local and accurate" came on, and the music playing was "Mercy, Mercy". Joe would sing this to me all the time. I couldn't believe it. I just sat, sneaker in hand, listening, with tears in my eyes. The strange thing is that I have that channel on all day, every day at the shop - and that's the one and only time I've heard that song, before, or since. Hugs, Marsha

Hi, everyone:

I have a little story from tonight. We have two cats that have been of great comfort to me over these last months. In fact, Bandit, the real lap cat of the two, is planted on me now as I type out these words. Anyhow, the other kitty, Pootie Tang (named after the Chris Rock character, NOT a dirty word as is a common misconception), became our kitty about 5 years ago. Scott claimed he was a "dog man", but the moment he saw her, she had him wrapped around her little paw. Anyhow, tonight I was reading some passages from my healing meditations book, leaning against our bed in the spot where I so often stood when Scott was lying in bed, and I would scratch or rub his back (men - they are all big babies!). Now Pootie Tang is not normally a terribly affectionate cat (except when whe wants to be fed). However, she is very empathatic, and if she hears me when I am sobbing, she almost always comes to comfort me (she has always been like that). That being said, tonight, I was not upset; I was just reading for comfort, perhaps a tear or two. But this time, she spontaneously jumped up on the bed, gave me head butts (Scott loved her head butts, and we took to head butting each other gently as kisses), flopped down, purred up a storm. I really believe that at times, Scott comes to me through her. He loved her so much. And this was in a specific spot where he and I were so often.

Hugs to all,

Korina

• 3 weeks later...

I read these with much interest and wanted to share my experience. A week before Dean died while he was laying in his bed at hospice, he told me he smelled flowers and asked me if I could smell them? I did not. Less than an hour before he passed when I was talking to him and telling him it was time to go with God, I smelled flowers coming from his breath. My sister that was with me did not smell it. What a lovely scent it was. This past Monday I transfered his pick-up truck to our son and when we were driving home in the truck, with the windows up, I smelled the flowers again. Derek did not. I spoke with the Pastor about this and his reaction and words to me were " look at this as a gift and don't be surprised to receive that gift through out your life". I'll take it as a gift and cherish that scent whenever I smell it. Blessings, Debbie

The night after Brian passed away as I was almost asleep I felt arms being wrapped around me. It felt exactly like what Brian would do if he had been with me. I'm sure that he was trying to comfort me because he knew that I was totally devestated by his death. I keep hoping to feel his presence again. I've seen butterflies and I've had one dream. I just wish I could feel his arms wrapped around me again.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Hi Everyone,

I have been sick, which is the firs time since Scott passed away 6 months ago. I was unable to wake our son up for school and feed the dogs. When I awoke to our son getting ready, I asked him. Who woke you up? I thought he would be late for school or even have to stay home.... (of course he should be waking up on his own..but that is an entire different subject smile.gif )

Our son replied "dad did" Scott woke our son up every morning as I work early.. when he wouldn't get up after 2x he would go out and feed our horse and then bang on the his window from outside, that would get him up..

That morning when I was sick, a bird flew into his window at the exact time he needed to get up!!! so he heard the same bang that Scott used to do..

It was almost like Scott taking care of me while I sleep and loving and taking care of Brock for school, like he always use to.. I absolutely believe that his was no coincidence and believe they are watching out for us. The same time I was dreaming of him and my gram who just passed away one month ago...

Has these experiences happened to anyone else?

laurie