Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Just Want To Keep Loving You

Hi,

I was listening to a stupid show for background noise while I finished up tonight and a song played within the show..

I can't remember who sings it (still dealing with some dementia)!...I think "Foreigner"??...says..

.."I just want to keep loving you because it is the only thing I knew..I don't want to sleep..I just want to keep on loving you"..

..I love my Son, My Mom and my Family so much..but I just want to "Keep Loving Him" where Spousal Love is concerned Dave was and is the only thing I truly know...I can't let him go..

I wrote this because in a previous entry we were talking about Music...didn't want to hear any then I did and It said everything I feel..

Love and Peace, Babs.

Hi Babs -

REO Speedwagon -

"And I meant, every word I said

When I said that I love you I meant

That I love you forever

And I'm gonna keep on lovin you

Cause it's the only thing I wanna do

I don't wanna sleep

I just wanna keep on lovin you"

I too found myself on the music thread the other night - the tears were flowing and I soon found myself on iTunes... It's funny how we can find our words and feelings in music when we can't get them out ourself, and often when we need it most.

take care,

tracy

It has been quite a while since I was in here, but your music comments touched my very soul. It will be 9 years on February 12, when I lost the love of my life, my best friend, really my whole life. Then I lost my 2nd husband two years ago on February 23rd. At first, I couldn't stand to hear music then I started to listen to music at home, by myself. I find it to be of great comfort and at the same time, it always generates tears. I told my doctor I was thinking of trying to organize a group of widows who would be able to come to my home and we would just listen to music and let it take each one of us whereever we needed to go. But the important thing would be that we could cry and cry without judgement or comment, yet not be all alone. Yes, I think music is a great healer.

Thank you for listening to my idea which, regretfully, I did not follow through with.

It's funny that this topic comes up again. It can be very upsetting and yet at times it can be soothing. Last Sat the song that says, I would give anything just to spend one more moment with you... came on when I was going to my granddaughter's ballgame and I had a major meltdown. I knew I had to compose myself before I went in and thought I had done OK but a friend said, Are you OK? and after the game my daughter said she could tell there was something wrong. When I told her what had happened, she questioned why I listened to the song. She doesn't understand once it's started it doesn't matter how much of it I listen to the damage is done. I still to this day cannot handle the Wilson/Phillips song release these chains because it was popular when my dad died. It's just another one of the side roads we take on this grief journey but we will eventually come back to the main road. Good luck to you.

This is a hard one. Music really sends me spiralling downwards sometimes, but that's because the memories that go with the song are so wonderful. I went to a Ronan Keating concert last week fully expecting to hear him sing a popular song of his that my husband loved. And sure enough it was Song No 2. I cried all the way through the song, for the rest of the show and have been teary ever since.

He did do so many things every day for 32 years to let me know how much he loved me - and I cling to that fact every minute.

Here's the web address and the words:

"If Tomorrow Never Comes"

Sometimes late at night

I lie awake and watch her sleeping

She's lost in peaceful dreams

So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark

And the thought crosses my mind

If I never wake up in the morning

Would she ever doubt the way I feel

About her in my heart

If tomorrow never comes

Will she know how much I loved her

Did I try in every way to show her every day

That she's my only one

And if my time on earth were through

And she must face this world without me

Is the love I gave her in the past

Gonna be enough to last

If tomorrow never comes

'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life

Who never knew how much I loved them

Now I live with the regret

That my true feelings for them never were revealed

So I made a promise to myself

To say each day how much she means to me

And avoid that circumstance

Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel

If tomorrow never comes

Will she know how much I loved her

Did I try in every way to show her every day

That she's my only one

And if my time on earth were through

And she must face this world without me

Is the love I gave her in the past

Gonna be enough to last

If tomorrow never comes

So tell that someone that you love

Just what you're thinking of

If tomorrow never comes

Our friends own a jazz restaurant that I still go to. Scott asked the musicians to play the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhHwnrlZRus, one evening. They did and he loved it. Then the piano player quizzed him on who composed it. Scott replied, "Mancini, of course." This, I think, surprised the musicians. Anyhow, that has been Scott's song ever since. Two of the musicians played at Scott's memorial, and played out the service with the Pink Panther. And now, when I go to the restaurant, they often play it for me. It is now Scott and Kailyn's song.

Korina

My husband was Italian and his favorite song was

(If you get a chance you can hear it on You Tube)......The day he died we were sitting at the poolside bar in our hotel in Puerto Vallarta and it played...he made a point of saying oh there's my favourite song. We sat quietly and listened....so of course we played it at his service as well. I listen to it often in my car and cry every time. I also typed it out and framed it with a rose from his service.

Bob's favorite song was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. I heard it last night and told my daughter it was dad's favorite. I then found myself wondering if that is what he's seeing now...

Oh, Kath - that was the song Scott requested for me way back in the beginning (at least I hope that was it, because he would ask me if I remembered, but truthfully, all I really remember about that night was being with him). Our good friend sang it at his memorial service. She told me she wasn't sure she was going to be able to do it, but asked Scott for strength, and she ended up singing it beautifully.

Korina

• 1 month later...

Songs...I think this has been my favorite topic...Your words..and the words you have used for Your Best Friends..are so BEAUTIFUL...the Songs, The Writers and How It Has Played a Part in Our Lives Now...A place where we can all connect in some way..

Susie Q.."If Tomorrow Never Comes"..Wow..

Sharon3 and Kath..Louis Armstrong..How Beautiful is He...

Korina..Pink Panther and a Jazz Band..How much Fun..and How Beautiful to have the Song Scott loved Sung to Him..

Mlg..Wilson/Phillips song..I hope when you hear it "You can Sing"

Hikedenali..REO Speedwagon..Yup..My Husband and I saw them in concert way back when...Not his favorite but couldn't get those words out of my head when I heard it...Thank you...

Caroline..It is not just about Book Clubs anymore..Your Idea is Wonderful..Please come to my town!

..I think it would be Awesome to continue this..or more things on What My Husband or Wife Loved...

Love and Peace, Babs.

Scott bought me a Bob Marley CD a couple of Christmases ago - he was a big fan. I have listened to it a lot since he died, and really listened to the lyrics. They fit my husband's personality VERY much. I find some comfort there.

Korina

My husband loved his Italian music...(some of it was good)...and was stuck in his high school years with his music from the 4 Tops. But the day he died we were sitting at the pool at our hotel and the music was playing and he said oh listen there is my favorite song Al di la................we had his Italian music playing as people came into his service. We remembered him in the middle of the service with Al di la and the people left to Louis Armstrong What a Wonderful World.................I love all music so we didn't quite mesh with our music choices...but we meshed.

Hi, Everyone,

I love the diversity with the different types of music Our Partners Loved and Us...The stories that go with the songs touch me deeply..

On a light note..My husbands first experience with my Love of Music was when I made him sit through the movie "Endless Love" and then proceeded to blat when they played that Song at the End..I still can vision how patient he was...now I get it, He probably was hoping if he stuck it out He would get "A little Love" Ha..

..then I tried to get him Hooked on Music from "Grease"..(I just got laughed at there)..so it was no surprise to Him when I fell for the songs from "Dirty Dancing"..Then finally we were on the same page with the music from the

movie "The Big Chill"..

I will never forget when we were out and Journeys, "Forever Yours" played and He told me this is our song.."No matter what"..or when we were having drinks (long before my Child Bearing Days) and

Rod Stewart came on and I sang into his ear, "Your in My Heart, Your In My Soul..Your My Lover and

My Best Friend".."To this day those words live on"..

Blessings to You All, Your Partners...and Our Songs..

Love and Peace, Babs.