Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It's Been A While

Sorry it has been so long since I've logged in. After my grandfather died, I went into a nose dive of sorts worried if my grandmother was going through what I went through. I still haven't found a job and was just getting ready to start packing the house headed for somewhere unknown to me when my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. He is terminal, so now I'm going (starting Sunday) to spend four days a week with him. He can't get out of bed and Hospice is taking care of him.

Keep me in your thoughts.

Love to you all,

Mel

Hello Mel,

So sorry to know what you are going through right now. That's one of the trips you are not joyful about. I went through something similar with my father. Me being out of the country, one phone call one afternoon mom told me to get a plane ticket 'cause dad only had a few days to live. Packing up the suitcase was so difficult. I couldn't help my sadness the entire trip there. But once with my father and tried to make the best of out every moment with him, taking care of him, surround him with love. My thoughts and prayers are with you, give lots lots and lots of love to your father and make sure all of your family stays united through this and after your father passes.

-L

Hi Mel,

Sorry for your loss...It is most difficult when faced with a series of losses, we are all here for you and I'm glad that you posted with us....We will all keep you in prayer thru this time of grief that you are facing...As everybody says here, take baby steps....The Lord is with you and will see you thru one day at a time...Bless you, Rochel

• 2 weeks later...

Mel,

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My dad passed three months ago and it feels like it happened yesterday. I do hope you were able to spend quality time with him since his diagnosis. It is a tough experience. Know that you are not alone, and take things one day at a time.

Big hug for you,

-L

Mel, dear ~ My heart goes out to you at learning this sad news of your father's death. I know that here you are surrounded by caring and understanding individuals who'll walk with you through this ~ but I also know that in grief, this journey can be reduced to just getting through the next moment. I wish you comfort in those moments and support for the special challenges you are going through. Take good care of yourself, and know that we are thinking of you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you have our deepest sympathy, and you are in our thoughts and prayers . . .

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry to hear it. You've had more than your share. My prayers are with you.

Kay

Oh, Mel.

I am so sorry. Please know my prayers are with you and your family.

Love,

Kath

Mel:

I, too, am so sorry for your pain and loss. Please come and talk to us whenever you feel the need.

Korina