Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of My Husband

We're here...tell us your story. And Dar, I'm so sorry.

Hi, I am there with u, my love passed away in May. I am lost without him.struggling to get thru the day, raising kids,helping them when all the while I am dying on the inside. I am new to this site as well and have already feel a sense of hope from those who have gone thru this and continue to go thru this pain. welcome to the site.

I am so sorry about your loss. My husband will be gone 5 years in November and it just does not seem possible, it feels like yesterday sometimes. He died one week after our 35th anniversary. I won't tell you it will be easy, it is hard, and some days are harder than others. You need time to grieve and heal. There will be days you don't want to get out of the bed, but do it. You have to go on, and keeping busy is very good. I still work, I was only 57 went he died and he would not have wanted me to wither. I have four grown sons and some amazing friends, and they have been truly awesome. They have made me get up and out. We had to cancel a cruise twice, once when he go sick and then just before he after died. My friends decided I really needed to go on that cruise and we all went, 8 of us. They let me cry and made me laugh. The captain of the ship let me put roses overboard in his memory and that help too.

Take one day at a time, do what you can when you can and all of the wonderful memories you have will be there for you when you are ready for them again. They will hurt to remember at the beginning but trust me they will give you a lot of comfort.

Please let me know how you are doing. You have people to talk to.

Dar,

I lost my husband of 33 years on 1/29/07. I can't say you get over it ever. You can after a time step out of your own shoes and view what you've been feeling. Start a grief journal. Talk to him about the feelings you're having that day.

It helps to write it down. It purges some of it if you can express yourself. Some of the entries, I cried my eys out. Some I didn't Just a sad longing for what was.

Dear Friend, Thank you all for caring words. I loss Paul on April 5, 2010. He was 49 on Jan 6 and I'm was 55 in May. we have 3 grown children and 5 wonderful grandkids. Paul was and still is a loving husband, father and papa. He left our home at 3:30 am to on a fishing trip with our son Jason and a family friend. we talk to each other before he left and he kiss me goodbye he went out to get some last minutes thing done, but he came back into our bedroom and told me he needed another kiss and we told each other that we love you, He left and a short time later I heard someone outside. so I called him to see why he came back home. He forgot some fishing stuff and he didn't want to wake me so he didn't come into the house. again we told each other I love you, have a good day and see you later. that was the last time that I talked to him. I was waiting to call him to see how the fishing was going ( I alway waited until 10:00 am to call) But now I wish I wouldn't waiting. because Jason called me at 9:53 and told me Paul was gone. Heart attach. I can't on any more for now. I'm feeling to much pain in writing all of this. But again Thank you all, Darlene

Hi Dar, I'm real sorry to hear what happened. Nothing can prepare us for the pain we are feeling right now. It's nice that your last words to each other were loving.

I lost my wife to cancer at the end of April. I have had some pretty rough times over the past months as I'm sure you have. For some reason it seems tougher the last couple of weeks. I am having some health issues of my own right now and that has seemed to amplify all of my grieving issues with it. I find comfort here in sharing with the others and I hope you can too. Take care...BW

Darlene, my dear you are not alone. I lost my husband on January 13th, just over 8 months ago. I had a total knee replacement in a town about 1 1/2 hours away from our home on January 11, my last time to see my husband was after my surgery, late that evening, when he left the hospital to go home. About 7 or so, he kissed me, and we joked about him coming back to eat the next day with me as the food they brought him to my room was so good (it really was), and he was still laughing as he walked out the door. We talked several times the next day on the phone, the last time around 7:30 on the 12th, I told him I would call him in the morning and let him know if I was going to be released on Thursday. I tried to call him all day, getting more and more irritated. You see, my husband worked nights, and I thought he had forgotten to take his phone into the bedroom that day. Our daughter came to check on him, as I was getting concerned that I could not reach him all day, and found him on the dining room floor, surrounded by our dogs. He had died, apparently, some time just after midnight, just a few hours after we last talked. My husband Michael died of a massive coronary, and the coroner, who is a cousin of mine, assures me that he died instantly. There were no warning signs, he had not been sick, it was a total shock, he was only 62. If I had known the call in the evening of the 12th would be the last time we would talk, I would have stayed on the phone forever.

Life has so many different roads, and this is sure a road I did not want to take. I miss him every day. After 8 months, I am moving forward a bit, but there are still many days when the grief will hit, usually very unexpectedly, and it will be like it all happened yesterday.

You have found a wonderful site to come to, we understand what you are going through. I won't say we all know exactly what you are feeling, as we all feel things differently, but we certainly know what shock and grief you are experiencing. I read the posts all the time, and they have helped me through many a rough day. None of us chose this path, but we have to travel it, and it sure helps to travel with people who understand.

Praying for us all in this club we did not choose to join.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Darlene:

I am glad you have found this forum because it helps so much to have the support of people who understand what you are going through. My husband died over a year ago, when our daughter was only 4.5 months old. It has been terribly difficult, but this forum and the people here have helped me cope.

Korina