Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Birthday Without My Guy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Deborah,

I am so sorry you have to spend it without Larry. I will be facing my first bithday with out Tim soon and I know it is going to be really hard. We always did something special together that day. Can you call some family or friends to spend it with you?? My thoughts are with you today. Lots of bithday hugs!!

Chris

Happy Birthday Deborah,

I too wonder how I will get through my next birthday - I will be turning 40 and Jeff had promised to throw me a big party. Now I'd just like to skip the day altogether?!

I hope that maybe you can find some special birthday memories to think about - and that they bring a smile to your face today.

Tammy

Deborah,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know it's not the same Hon, but I do hope you have some high points in your day, maybe your kids will call or a friend will drop by, something. I plan on having a huge celebration with George when I get up to heaven to make up for all of the celebrating we had to miss out on...he was big on celebrating everything.

Feeling alittle sorry for myself today, my birthday. Larry made them so special, always trying to surprise me. I miss his smile today, the hugs and the thoughtfulness. Yes, he has been gone a few years now but my heart still aches. Deborah

dear far away friend happy birthday .i know how hard it is but ido hope you find some confort and better days love to you TENY

Well Happy Birthday! My birthday was Tues and the first one without Ray. I wanted to just skip the entire day but my kids and grandkids went out of their way to give me a nice day. They all knew how hard it was doing this solo when we always celebrated together cause his was last Weds, so we had one big birthday usually. Nothing could make it like it was but they did do all they could to help. Didn't turn out to be as horrid a day as I feared. Now have all the other firsts yet this year. Holidays, and our anniversary Dec. 26th. That and Christmas rolled together I really want to just hibernate for a while but doubt I will be allowed too. Might have to insist tho cause I really don't know how I can do it.

Happy birthday to Walt and Marion too! I haven't looked on the calendar in so long...I need something that grabs my attention, maybe reaches out and bops me upside the head! LOL Anyway, hope it was as good as it can be!

• 2 weeks later...

Deborah, Walt, & Marion a belated Happy Birthday to you all!

I must share this silly story about my Pat, 1 year he forgot my birthdate, & the next day made up for it with flowers, & a card & dinner out.

He made a silly joke out of it, for the next 3 Months on the 28th of the Month he presented more flowers & more cards on the exact date...pretending he'd forgotten the month!

God Love the Irish, I sure miss my baby.

Vickie O'Neil