Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dad Died 10 Days Ago

2sweetgirls,

It saddens me to read of your father's passing so soon after the loss of your mother. I too have lost both of my parents. I too have that feeling of being alone, and I wonder a lot about who I am now that they are gone.

Somehow it's up to me and my siblings to carry on for what my parents started. They are in me in ways I can not begin to describe. They had their faults, but that no longer matters. What make sense to me now is the good they passed on; I want to carry on their legacy.

I hope you too can find a legacy that matters; may it guide you through grief.

Ron B.

OMG 2sweetgirls, NO WAY, my heart is breaking even more for you, I am SO SO SO SORRY, it's not enough to say sorry and I can't find the words.

When I saw your name on this post, I got such a shock so I cannot even begin to imagine how this is for you.

I wish I could hug you right now, I wish there was something I could say but I'm helpless because I know there's nothing at all I can do for you.

just know that we are all here whenever you feel like writing, reading and I am thinking of you, thinking of your Mom & Dad and just sending love and hugs to you.

I feel so bad, having no clue at all what to say

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG GENTLE HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Niamh

xoxox

Thank you all so much. It is true, Ron B, that our parents are not perfect but, when they are gone, it doesn't matter anymore and you forget all their inperfections.

Before dad died (I can't believe I'm writing this), I was really anticipating the one year anniversary of my mom's death and now THIS!!!!???? WHY!!!!!! I told my husband last night that I'm in this deep hole and I can't reach the rope to make my way out. That is really how I feel.

My friends are besides themselves with what they can do for me. Frankly, I want to disappear. The tunnel I am in has NO light at the end. It is completely dark.

This time the experience was different. We all made it to be by dad's side and even though he couldn't do more than grunt he could make eye contact and he was very aware of our presence. When he began to decline even more, my brother had several conversations with him to allow him to "go". I couldn't bring myself to do it until I realized he was waiting for me to say it too. So with a heavy heart I had the conversation with him. He had his eyes open and when I was talking they filled up with tears and then he closed his eyes and slept for the next 3 days until he passed.

I don't wish all of this on my worst enemy.

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all just too much for me. I just can't write anymore.

2sweetgirls

Dear 2SweetGirls,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious Dad and your Mom 10 months ago. It brought tears to my eyes. Sending you a great big hug. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I wish I could say something that would bring you some comfort. Know that your Mom and Dad are close by you.

Sending you hugs, love, comfort and strength.

Butterfly9

I am so sorry that it has happened. Such a burden. I also feel ever so much isolated and am becoming used to that. It seems that nobody around me could know, and my sisters are dealing with their own respective grief processes to really talk to them about it. That is exactly how I am feeling now. Numb. It is like a safety valve to keep all emotions from blowing up in your face. The emotions are extreme. Hang in there, though. You are not as alone as you may think. Take care, and God Bless.

Niamh, loulou, butterfly9, Ron B, KJO, Marty, I have read your replies many many times. Even though you can not hug me in person, I feel it when I read your words to me. I am grateful for that AND you.

I wish I could write more but, I am so inundated with grief, dad and mom's estate, grief, their belongings, grief, lawyers, grief, etc. (you get the picture) I have no time or the will, honestly, to really write all my feelings. My brother and I are planning to fly to their house and clean it out next month. I feel sick!!! I have to say this, too, I am sick and tired of people saying it will get better in time. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I want to scream SHUT UP!!!! Maybe it's better to not say anything at all. But we all know that is not the truth either.

I just had to vent and thank you all for your support.

2sweetgirls

just sending some ((((((HUGS)))))) and love your way 2sweetgirls, just want you to know you are thought of today like everyday.

I only wish I had a magic wand and no need to reply, write or anything, hopefully you've just simply been able to get here to read this message.

and will still be here when and if you feel like writing, screaming, venting, anything

((((((((((just for you))))))))))))))

xox

• 2 weeks later...

Dear 2sweetgirls,

I was so shocked and saddened to hear about your Dad, Today was the first day in months that I'd made a post ( I usually don't have the energy to write a thing) But, I wanted to just say Hello, and how sorry I am to hear this. I don't even know the words to say (I'm sure you understand this) I wish I could give you a big hug, and sit and cry with you. -_- I will look forward to reading more posts from you to hear how you're doing.

Love and Peace to you, Jodi :wub: