Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today marks 3 mo. and it's also 13 weeks. My Honey told me I was the only person that ever brought him flowers, and he loved it. Today I decided to bring him some flowers, and that I will continue to bring them on the 2nd of every mo. A new tradition. It felt good to bring them into the house and say "Honey I brought you some flowers, I hope you like them."

Today was the first Thursday that I did not have a total melt down, I hope it continues.

Rachel

My husband so loved to have fresh flowers in the house and now after 4 months today I bring home a bunch of fresh flowers every week and I get one of those cards where they sell the flowers and send him a message. Every time I bring the fresh flowers in the house I hear him say oh those are different or I love you too.

Rachel,

What a beautiful idea. My husband also liked fresh flowers, so I have a vase next to where I have his ashes and I bring him flowers. Whenever I brought flowers home, he would laugh and comment on the beautiful flowers he gave me. :D

Chris

What a great idea! And congrats (on the no meltdown)!

What a wonderful idea! What a wonderful tribute and testament to the love you two shared. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Courage, Carol Ann

My wife loved fresh flowers and I have brought home literally thousands of them over the years. When she passed in April I had her cremated and her ashes are in a room where I sit in the mornings and meditate before work. There are a lot of her personal things, pictures of us and the boys in there. The room used to be her office and she spent a lot of time in there. I put fresh flowers in there every week for the first couple months but found it a little hard to keep up with after time so I went out and bought a Gardenia and planted it in a pot in the corner of the room by the window. Gardenias smell beautiful and were one of her favorites but can be a bit temperamental to grow . A lot of people told me that it wouldn't grow indoors very well but it is absolutely beautiful. When it was in bloom, you could smell it through the house. I have provided artificial light and humidity and it seems to like being in that room so far. I studied up on soil conditioning and proper care for these plants. Its been in there for 3-4 months now and I can't wait until it blooms again. There is an Arabian Jasmine outside the window that I planted right after she died (another of her favorites) I sprinkled a little of her ashes in when I planted it. It sits on the front patio and greets me every day as I come and go, they also smell beautiful. I told some people about it and the teased me about catering to these plants like I have but they really are beautiful and are great reminders of my girl. I am sure she approves......BW

Fresh Flowers and plants are so lovely. Bill, loved hearing about the Gardinia. When my husband died, one of the plants sent to the service was a gardinia. You have to understand that Mike was the Green thumb in our marriage, mine is really brown. A couple of months after the service, I realized I had let the Gardinia die. The only thing I have managed to keep alive is a Peace Lily plant.....those things are so hardy...leaves can be drooping way over, and a big drink will perk them back up. You have inspired me Bill, I am going to get another Gardinia plant, and make that my project....to keep it alive. My kids all laugh if I ever get a plant, they feel so sorry for the poor thing, knowing that it will probably end up dead. I am going to get a Gardinia, and do it for Michael! Thank you Bill for the inspiration.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Thanks Bill, it may be spring before I can get one. I wanted to send one the other day to a friend's Mother's funeral, and was told they don't carry them this time of year. She also said they are hard to care for. However, as soon as I can find one, that is my next project, they are so beautiful.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas