Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Why Are Sundays So Hard?

I hate Sundays! Does anyone else have trouble with this day? Larry and I always just hung out and I think thats why they are so unbearable! No matter how busy I keep myself and I do you have to come home at some point!! Not that every day isnt lonely but Sundays are a killer!! Is it because another week is ahead of me? I dont know anymore. I think I just had a really bad week! It could be because for the 1st time Im flying by myself to visit my bestfriend in KW Florida. I leave next Sat. I know Im so lucky to be able to go but here again its her,her husband, and ME! I never flew alone and Im scared silly! Oh well, If Im going to be alone I quess I have to get use to it. Right!? Thanks for listening! I pray for all of us on this site that we can find some peace and Happiness! Hugs to all Cris

Cris,

I find Sundays are the hardest day also. We were always together that day,unless there was a football game.I guess the reason it's so difficult is because it's always been a family day. Our kids came here for supper, we'd go to their house, now we still do the same thing but someone very important is missing.Lars has been gone for 15 months and it is getting easier to deal with all of this.

Good for you taking a trip by yourself. You're absolutely right when you say we have to do things on our own now. Have a wonderful time, Cris

Lainey

Hi Chris, I don't hate Sundays but I do find them hard. It was the day we slept in , made our Sunday morning breakfast and then went for a car ride. Flying alone is no big deal to me. Might sound weird but i was visiting my newborn grandson . My spouse was home and when i did not get a hold of him for a couple of days i knew there was a problem. He always returned my calls. He had passed away. I had to fly home myself and I remember looking out the window and thinking to myself that this was the closes i would be to him again. Then i was afraid to fly back for another visit because I was thinking something else bad would happen to someone i loved when i was away but that was just being paranoid and i could not be that way if i wanted to see that precious baby . So every time i fly i just look up and think to myself that Rick is around in those clouds. This picture is our last car ride taken the weekend before i left. I have it framed in my bedroom. Good for taking the trip by your self. It will be hard but does get easier each time you do something beyond your comfort zone. And you will feel proud of yourself for doing it. Mrs.B

post-13158-130006472056_thumb.jpg

Guest Nicholas

As I work from home, every day is equally bad, my son wasn't always around - in fact on Sundays he went out to what we call car boot fairs looking for books for me - so for me each day is very difficult.

Nicholas

Sundays are hard for me as well - I used to make my husband Jeff coffee and we would cuddle in bed and watch home improvement shows on TV until we had decided what to do with the rest of our day.

When we found out Jeff had stage 4 cancer I had told Jeff that if anything every happened to him, it would be those simple moments that I would miss the most, and they definitely are.

I'm not sure if it's like this for everyone - but Sundays seem to be such a "family" day.....and a huge part of MY family is gone. Eight months has gone by and it has gotten easier, but I can definitely relate to how you're feeling!

Hugs,

Tammy

You are right, it's weekends that seem the hardest because that was our time together so now it's not only lonely, but a rude reminder of what we lost. We no longer shoulder the burden of chores with someone else, and no longer have that person to snuggle up with and enjoy at the end of the day. There are no special meals to share with that other person, or recreation with them...it's just another day alone without the added distraction of work, so it stretches on...

Mrs B. , I know about the pain of coming home to your whole world being blown up! I went to run errands and get a cake mix for my Larrys Bday and came home and he had a massive heart attack! On his Bday. So now if I cant get a hold of someone I love I panic real quick. Thankyou for your kind words and I pray for all of us to find some peace and Happiness. Thankyou all for responding to this post. It does help to know its just not you that feels these things! Hugs to all Cris

Sundays are horrible for me as well, for different reasons. Because I always worked fulltime, Sundays were laundry, vacuuming, dusting, days. Plus, of course, facing work again on the Monday morning!

Now Sundays will always be the day of the week that I last saw my darling Glenn alive, so that just compounds the dread I have of the day. I always felt that Sundays were sad days and now more so than ever.

I think Sundays are the worst simply because over the weekend we just have too much time to think, grieve and miss our loved ones - to think of the things we would be doing. Sunday then becomes the day of grief exhaustion. We then have to head into the week with "things we must do", which does keep our minds outside of our heads and hearts - even if it is just for a little while... Trying to keep busy helps, it doesn't take away that are partner and best friend isn't there to be with us - just being... Take care, Deb

I guess I am different. I look forward to Sunday. I get up early, shower and then spend about an hour reading my Bible before leaving for church and our ladies Sunday School class. After that we have our Praise and Worship and that is when I really feel the spirit of the Lord all around me like a warm ray of sunshine. Even though I am grieving for my beloved husband, I can Praise God for putting us together and keeping us together for over 40 years total. I have a wonderful and supportive church family, many of whom have gone through or are going through exactly what I am right now.

The worst time for me is in the evening after dark and I settle in for the evening. That was when we would share a bowl of popcorn and just enjoy each other. We used to play a lot of Backgammon and that was lots of fun...

No one day is any worse than the others.. but Sunday morning and eveing and Wednesday evening are usually very good because then I join my fellow like minded friends and sing praises for all that He blesses me with each and every day.

I love Sundays...

Carolyn