Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Victorious In Court Today

Dear GH Family,

I want to let you all know that I was victorious in my civil suit against a former therapist who took advantage of my vulnerability and my grief stricken state and sexually exploited me.

The judge not only found her guilty on all counts but also her agency due to vicarious liability. I am feeling a whole host of feelings and the most of which I believe is relief that this is finally over and I have been heard and the world is in a little better balance today.

I am feeling very proud of myself tonight and am resting in such peace that I did not let a therapist who chose to committ such despicable acts destroy me. I feel that my Melissa is resting in even greater peace now and oh so proud of me.

After court was over and we were walking back to the car; I suddenly felt dizzy and I fainted. I hit my head and received a cut which required two stitches. It has been quite a day and I could not feel more proud.

Anyhow, wanted to let you all know and now I need to take some time to rest. Melissa my love forever and always; rest now my mind is at peace.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Great news, Carol Ann

You are to be congratulated on all you have accomplished. Now do rest and take care of YOU.

mfh

Congratulations, on your victory,sorry to hear of your injury after. Hope that heals quickly for you. YOU done it kept going and got a victory.

Dwayne

Thank you so much one and all! It means so very much to me! Will be catching up with all of you in a day or two. Thank you for your understanding!

Dear Carol Ann,

Great news. Congratulations. Take care of that head. We need it here.

Peace,

Harry

Congratulations Carol Ann. It does the soul good to realise that we still do have inner strength, even though it goes missing at times during this nightmare of loss.

I admire your conviction to see this matter through...Susie Q

Yaaayyyyyy! :) You go, girl! We're all very happy for you, Carol Ann. Congratulations.

Hugs.

Di

Carol Ann,

I am so proud of you and so glad for the outcome! It has been a long road, but you did it! I'm sure Melissa is applauding with you.

I am concerned about your fainting...was it all of the stress/excitement or is it part of the Lupus? Please take good care of yourself and I hope your head heals SOON!

Kay

Thank you all so very much! So much needed and appreciated! Yes, I agree Melissa is applauding and giving me the biggest HUG! It has been a very long road for me since Melissa's suicide and one that has been both very difficult and full of blessings as well.

Kay, not to worry about the fainting. It was not due to the lupus I don't believe and more to do with the stress; being a bit dizzy from high blood sugar; and the fact that it was finally over! It is very hard for me to be out in the world; amongst strangers; never mind in court; and uniformed RCMP about that trigger me to historical trauma. It takes a lot of emotional regulation, energy and control for me to remain present and not dissociate when I am in situations like that. So dear Kay, I think it was just all of those things. The good news is that it was a minor bump on the head and a minor cut only needing two stitches.

Again, thank you all and please take no offence if I am not responding to all of your posts as can only do what my energy allows for now. Please know I hold all of you in heart and walk with you as you weather your loss.