Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Last Night I Finally Dreamed About George

I don't know why in six years I'd only had one dream about George when he was the most important person in my life, but last night I finally had another dream. It was odd, it wasn't earth shattering, but just normal "every day" kind of stuff...it was as if he wasn't gone, it seemed weird when I woke up. Maybe it's cuz he has been on my mind a lot esp. since it was his birthday and death day and I've been missing him, but it seems like when you have a dream like that and then wake up, you miss them all the harder.

Hi KayC

I am glad you had the dream. I also know that bittersweet feeling when you awaken and he is not there. I usually dream about Bill when I am thinking a TON about him like an anniversary or birthday. It is confusing as I think a TON about him every single day but someone those emotionally loaded days are different. I am glad for you....Mary

Kay, I am sure glad you had a dream of George. I hope that you have may more dreams about him. I also have had a Few dreams about Pauline. It is a big let down when I wake up and she is not there. Just this morning I woke up an for some reason thought she was there, but no she was not. I think she is just letting me know she is around and watching out for me.

Dwayne

Hi KayC

Well, I dreamed of Bill early this morning and woke up sobbing. In the dream I was sobbing (we were both sleeping) and he reached out and wrapped his arms around me as he might have done if I were crying. Then, of course, the rude awakening...the crying woke me up only to find he was not there....or was he? Mary

Hi KayC,

Been a long time since I posted. Alwasy remember you - vrey well - as we both lost our partners the same time. It been about six years for me as well. And yes - when you do have dreams of the person you lost it brings it all back. We learn to live with it all - but the pain of the loss is alwasy there. Hope you are well my dear friend.

I agree with Deborah, I love to dream of Lars. I feel so much closer to him when I wake up.

I've only had one bad dream in the 18 months where I awoke crying.The rest bring me joy and I usually feel wonderful the next day.

I'm sorry that you didn't feel that joy Kayc, you're right though in the aspect that you do miss them more. Even knowing I'm going to fel that at some pint, I'd rather dream tham not.

Lainey

Hello Friends,

For whatever reason I do not dream, every now and then I have a small dream but for the most part I do not dream, I have only had one dream about Ruth and it was almost a year ago, it's good to hear it happens and I am fully open and receptive to these dreams....

Kayc, I'm glad you had your dream and I hope you find a positive thought with some comfort....but to be honest if you wake feeling the sorrow and loss I'm fine with not having dreams, I feel enough of those feelings on a regular basis....

I've been told we all dream but if we're in a deep sleep and don't awaken during it, we don't remember it. So maybe we dream of them more than we know. I like it too, in my dream he wasn't dead, it was just a normal day with him, I'd give anything for that.

John, it's good to hear from you again!

Mary, good point!

You all mean so much to me. I probably won't post as much the next couple of months, typing hurts and I still have some work to do for my now very part time job and job hunting on line, but have to ice this several times a day and try to exercise it. (broke my elbow)

No, Brian, I fell on a Saturday and then I fell again the following Saturday. The first Saturday I broke my nose and damaged my teeth, plus some huge bruises and cuts. The following Saturday I tripped on the pavement and fell again, this time, I got some more cuts and bruises but broke my elbow. The healing will be slow. A neighbor took me to the hospital, bless his heart. They can't cast it because of where it broke, I have to work it or it will heal bent. So far I have not been able to straighten it, no matter how hard I've tried, it's extremely painful. They said no work, no driving, no walking dogs.