Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Quilt And The Bonfire

So I managed to make it through yesterday without a total breakdown. That, I saved for today.

Yesterday was very well planned out, not a whole lot of down time by design. I surrounded myself with everyone that has supported me in the last year and at the end of the day when it was time for the bonfire, we had some laughs and shed a few tears.

Today was a planned day off for me. Somehow I knew that I would need today to gather my thoughts, to process everything that has happened in the last year, and yes.....two allow myself to wallow for 10 minutes. ;)

I am attaching two pictures, the bonfire and the quilt. I hope when everyone else reaches the one year mark, they are able to find the peace that I found on that day.

Hugs,

Tammy

post-14191-131101157147_thumb.jpg

post-14191-131101160538_thumb.jpg

Tammy,

Thank you for sharing that with us, I love the quilt. I hope you're doing okay today...

Kay

Tammy, the bonfire was awesome, and the quilt is lovely. How glad I am that you found some peace yesterday. It happened for me also on the one year anniversary. Such wonderful memories we have. Big Hug from me.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

What a lovely tribute and so glad you found some peace and the day went so well. The quilt is a great idea....I have thought of having some of Bill's favorite shirts made into a quilt. He loved his blue double pocket shirts. I am sure today was difficult...a total breakdown as you said. Good way to allow all those feelings to surge through us. Peace to your heart. Mary

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for sharing the pictures, and happy thing went off as planed. I knew today would be hard for you and you did need the down time to regroup yourself. I think you had a great plan. I pray for peace to come into your life and your girls as well.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dear Tammy,

The quilt is beautiful. And they really let you have a fire that big in Swansea?

Very glad the day went well. Be easy on yourself today and tomorrow.

And I like the wallow line a lot. :lol: .

Peace,

Harry

Dear Tammy,

A wise woman. But they did not see this from miles away? That fire is bloody huge. Or did you invite the whole town? ;) (A comment only someone who worked in an even smaller town could make and maybe get away with.)

And where did Swansea come from? Clearly I am not running at 100 percent yet.

Peace,

Harry

Tammy:

Thank you for sharing the photos. I'm so glad the day went well for you. The quilt is awesome and the bonfire huge. Jeff would be proud and honored. So glad it was a good day for you and hoping you have many more ahead of you. You are an inspiration.

Blessings

Becky

What a beautiful quilt and a lovely tribute to your husband. I too took the day off - the day after the 1st year anniversary, knew I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts/grief. I am okay with knowing that sometimes I will be sad, and I make allowances - but always know and believe that this is for "now" and that the next day will be better (and it usually is :rolleyes: ...). Take care, Deb