Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Honoring Annabelle

ksbeachbum

I'm usally on the loss of a spouse page as I have lossed my spouse six months ago due to cancer. Yesterday, I lost my beloved 14 year old basset hound. Although she was healthy as a horse as the saying goes, she had become increasingly confused, the seperation axiety become worse and the incontinence was present. It was a very difficult decision to make and not one taken lightly. My husband gave me Annabelle 14 years ago as a gift after losing my previous basset hound due to old age. She was the center of our lives and she was loved so much. She was spoiled rotten but she also gave lots of love and happiness back. During the 18 months my husband battled his cancer she was a constant for him. During the last four days in hospice care, she did not leave his side until he passed. She was a great dog and she will truly be missed. I know that Randy and Annabelle have bonded in heaven once again and that gives me comfort, even if I am the one left behind. RIP Annabelle.

Blessing to all

Becky

Becky, dear, I understand how difficult this loss must be for you, and my heart goes out to you today. Surely Annabelle was an important, living, tangible link to your precious husband. I hope it brings you peace, believing that they are united once again in Heaven, together watching over you and waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Becky,

I'm sorry you lost your Annabelle, bassets are really wonderful dogs. The big consolation is knowing your husband is enjoying her now. That makes me wonder if my George has all of the pets I've lost since he passed away, if so, he has his hands full. :) I think he would feel truly blessed to have them with him.

But meanwhile, it's leaving such a gaping hole for you, I know you are missing her, and I wish I could be there to give you a hug. Pets are such wonderful gifts to us. You are in my thoughts...

Kay

I am so soory for your losses. How wonderful that she had your love for so long! You know last Firday, I went to the Animal Memoiarl service - I was supposed to do a reading but I couldnt so someome had to take over for me. I cried like a baby - it is two years since my latest June bug went from cancer. I realized that I really needed the memorial service because I get such pentup energy over the year from the dogs that I couldnt save, from the ones that left me. That is really does me good to share and cry with others. I hope you have as wonderful a support system!