It could never be

That we

Would never be

We shall always

Be together

Forever

I am not gone

Michael Ashby Poems

Beautiful thought in the poem above, Mary. So very hard to get a handle on it. The Daily OM below spoke to me today. Sometimes we forget that it is important to MOVE to keep healthy.

dailyomlogo2.gif bambooborder2.jpg
September 24, 2014
Poetry in Motion
Moving Our Body

by Madisyn Taylor

Human bodies love flow and movement and respond in kind when used in this way.

Our bodies love movement. When we stretch or dance, our bodies adjust, realign and start to become fluid with the rhythm of life. Our mood lifts and we feel more connected with the world around us. If you are feeling stuck, ready to release old energy, or eager to feel more alive, try moving your body. By giving your muscles a chance to do what they were created for, you may find that all areas of your body and your life benefit as well.

Many times we can be so busy that we forget moving our body is even an option. Some of us remain seated at our computer for hours every day or rush from task to task with robotic precision. When we are caught up in crossing items off our to-do lists, we tend to neglect all the opportunities there are to enjoy our bodies in the process of living. If this is true for you, begin looking for opportunities to move. You might try dancing or moving about freely as you clean your home, tend your garden or care for your children. If you are able to devote a set amount of time to self-care, practices such as yoga, dance, tai chi and walking are all great ways to keep your body in motion.

Imagine how freeing it would feel to trust your body's movements completely, knowing it has a perfect strength and rhythm of its own. See if you can sense your bones providing graceful support, your muscles and tendons expanding and contracting in just the right measure, your lungs changing pace to fill deeply with fresh air. Movement is a vital celebration of life. It is a way to proclaim your own existence and relish in the joy of being alive. Today, and into the future, give yourself the gift of your body in motion.

Yes, Anne, it is difficult for us to grasp that invisible world where our loves reside. As you well know, some belief, faith, trust helps a lot. We all want our loves to be visible and felt....

Bentley's needs for exercise motivate me to walk with him twice a day. And I have a timer on my computer so I remember to stand, stretch, blink, and leave the monitor behind for some meditation. A life time task of course. :wub:

Posted Sunday, September 28, 2014 by bereaved mom Sandy Fox on her blog, I Have No Intention of Saying Goodbye

The Stepping Stones of Grief

Come, take my hand, the road is long. We must travel by stepping stones. No, you're not alone. I'll go with you. I know the road well, I've been there. Don't fear the darkness. I'll be with you.

We must take one step at a time. But remember, we may have to stop awhile. It is a long way to the other side and there are many obstacles. We have many stones to cross. Some are bigger than others...SHOCK, DENIAL, AND ANGER to start. Then comes GUILT, DESPAIR AND LONELINESS. It's a hard road to travel, but it must be done. It's the only way to reach the other side.

Come, slip your hand in mine. WHAT? Oh, yes, it's strong. I've held many hands like yours. Yes, mine was, one time, small and weak like yours. Once, you see, I had to take someone's hand in order to take the first step.

Oops! You've stumbled. Go ahead and cry. Don't be ashamed. I understand. Let's wait here a while and get your breath. When you're stronger we'll go on, one step at a time. There's no need to hurry.

Say, it's nice to hear you laugh. Yes, I agree, the memories you shared are good. Look, we're half way there now. I can see the other side. It looks warm and sunny. Oh, have you noticed? We're nearing the last stone and you're standing alone. And look, your hands, you've let go of mine, and we reached the other side.

But wait. Look back. Someone is standing there. They are alone and want to cross the stepping stones. I better go; they need my help. What? Are you sure? Why yes, I'll wait. You know the way, you've been there. Yes, I agree - it's your turn my friend, - to help someone else across the stepping stones.

~ Author Unknown

"Grief holds many surprises. Grief will sneak up on you during days that you thought were pretty good. It will surprise you that the pain is so deep. It will surprise you that it lasts (and changes) over the course of a lifetime. But it may also surprise you that you can survive it. You can get up each morning and transform grief back into the love from whence it came".

10645234_10154684060210374_8087762908557

I smile, Anne, I posted that elsewhere this morning also...and we all know it is truth.

I really like this...a new twist or way of seeing. Bill got his wish...to spend the rest of his life with me...as did all of our beloveds who died before we do.

"Most of us need to be reminded that we are good, that we are lovable, that we belong. If we knew just how powerfully our thoughts, words, and actions affected the hearts of those around us, we’d reach out and join hands again and again. Our relationships have the potential to be a sacred refuge, a place of healing and awakening. With each person we meet, we can learn to look behind the mask and see the one who longs to love and be loved." ~ True Refuge by Tara Brach

Photo: Susan Whitcomb Foster

10625165_733868410019259_478202296436706

This is so powerful, Anne. Thank you.

About 5 months after Bill died (in 2010) a friend (who had just lost her mom and her brother 3 days apart) and I flew to New York for a session with George Anderson, medium of great reputation. It was a healing and comforting hour. George and his parents became aware of George's ability to communicate with those who died when George was just 6 years old. He has not done the circuit of TV shows or newspaper articles but he does have a some books out there and he sees a few people each week in NY. I knew when I was in his presence that I was with an honest, compassionate and real man who spends his life and energy helping those of us who have lost a beloved. One need not believe in mediums or communication with the dead to benefit from this post. This is his post on Facebook today.

"George Anderson

·

“Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me.”

The things you remember as a child. I remember in grammar school being taught this song, which is considered Australia’s unofficial nation anthem, and having an apple-sized lump in my throat after learning how such a simple song captured an entire country’s sense of pride, perseverance and optimism.

Legend has it that during a great strike in Australia, sheep shearers who would go from property to property in Australia’s great outback struck for a living wage, which quickly became violent. Land owners, furious at the thought of having to pay little more than slave wages, often employed police to keep the swagmen off their property, and shoot on sight anyone pilfering their herd. So they wandered the outback, often with their blanket roll--“Matilda”--as their only possession. Starving and with no prospects, the story goes that a swagman stole a sheep from a landowner’s property to boil and eat. He was caught by the land owner and the police, who hoped to make an example of him. But rather than give in and lose the last of his dignity, the swagman jumped to his death into a ravine. Legend contends that to this day, he still waltzes with his Matilda at the ravine to mock those who persecuted him.

From a very young age, I was struck by how similar the legend is to those who are bereaved. After suffering the worst of indignities--the loss of a precious loved one, we seem to walk with no clear direction and no actual purpose through the dusty plains of our lives. It feels very often to most of us that even after the worst has befallen us, the indignities seem to continue piling on--friends disappear, family members become frustrated with our inability to “get over it,” and the world seems uninterested in the fact that we believe we are walking mostly alone through some of the worst times in our lives.

Whether by design for sheer will, however, we learn that at no point were we ever walking alone. We have so many who have gone before us who are trying to nudge us back to the path of understanding. Whether we realize it or not, we have more help than we need, more hands on our heart, and more minds driven to helping us find peace. The souls have told me in thousands of sessions that nobody who walks on the earth walks alone, and that no matter how lonely we feel the journey is, they have been with us at every step. It only takes our ability to realize that the souls continue to care for us, and the resolve to allow them to help us to help ourselves find our footing so that we can continue the path on the earth that will most certainly lead back to them in a world of peace. In a way, those we love who have gone before us become our blanket roll--our “Matilda”--to see us through the tough times, the indignities and the fall from everything we thought was stable in our lives.

Pride, perseverance and hope are so universal that legends like the swagman of the Australian outback continue to fascinate us. Maybe because these things are not only so needed in our lives, but because the world is potentially a dark and terrible place without them. The souls have never left us, but in a big way, it is really up to us to take the first leap of faith and start living after loss like we can actually do it. We were never alone, and we never will be. We may have to walk on--we may even have to fight on--in order to continue after loss, but one day the payoff will be spectacular. One fine day you will open your eyes, see the shining face of the one who you struggled so hard to find again, and hear the words it took a lifetime to hear, “It’s time to come waltzing with me.” If for no other reason, continue walking, continue persevering and continue fighting until that fine day."

I liked reading the piece above, Mary. Thank you for posting it. There are many good thoughts here and I hope people come here often ~ Tools for Healing is perfect for this site.

Sometimes we just need a reminder.

10501820_341995245962345_110147238559572

Yes, Anne, George is a gentle and loving soul with great insight.

All of us on this planet carry joy and grief. Some ignore it and some deal with it. Some are newly bereaved and some are not. We can reach out to each other as we walk our journeys and we can support each other and yet no one can walk in our shoes so the trip has an element of loneliness to it.

10406949_10205099439584415_4435161341551

http://www.wisdombridge.net/audiovideo-recordings.html

Francis Weller, one of my favorite authors, recently was interviewed by Carolyn Baker on the Lifeboat Hour, on the Progressive Radio Network. He spent a good deal of time exploring the relationship of grief to a time of global crisis and how to keep the heart open in the face of overwhelming challenges. You can listen by clicking on the audio link above. Or you can follow the link to the PRN: http://prn.fm/category/archives/lifeboat-hour/

http://beyondmeds.com/2014/10/15/heart-breaks/

Powerful words for all of us.

"And sometimes, when the heart fully opens, it breaks with grief first." ~ Sara Harris

There is more for you at this link.