Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

Anne's working at her healing is why she's doing as she is, and she inspires me greatly!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to the podcast: Night Travelers - Fear as a Pathway to Loving Presence by Tara Brach.

Life’s waters flow from darkness. Search the darkness, don’t run from it.
Night travelers are full of light, and you are too: don’t leave this companionship…
The moon appears for night travelers, be watchful when the moon is full.

Rumi ~
Dear Friend,

At our spring weeklong retreat, I gave a talk, Night Travelers - Fear as a Pathway to Loving Presence. It explores how fear can either be at the core of our personal and collective suffering or a portal to awakening our hearts.  

I hope you find that these teachings serve your healing and freedom and that you sense as night travelers, we’re in it together. 

With loving blessings,

a11c5920-5984-42b2-b19a-f20fac4f7fba.png

Tara
Edited by enna
The video is no longer available. Tara has many other videos worth listening to.

• 2 weeks later...

I have signed up for this 10 Day FREE meditation summit and thought I'd post it here. It started today and each talk is available for 24hrs. It might be of interest to some. The talks are about an hour each. There are three each day. 

This summit is over.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know how this got here? I must have posted it and now can't delete it.  Maybe it is supposed to be here!

"Grief is the price you pay for love....." 

"Life is like an artichoke."  I cry every time I see this video. Another beautiful lady is just gone.

This was very good.  Only one thing I differ with is he says we need to find another solution for whatever problem we're facing.

A good friend of mine has a week to live (cancer).  I don't think anything is going to be a solution to what she's facing, she can only accept it.  Another friend is in her 90s and her body ravaged with cancer.  There is no more solutions to her problems, only acceptance and getting through it.

Another friend is disabled and very poor.  Her water tank/plumbing has a leak in it that has caused the floor to rot.  She doesn't have a clue how to fix it or money to buy parts.  How can she think of a solution to her problem?  So far we haven't found anyone to help her, meanwhile, it's getting worse.

So many people are suffering in so many ways in seemingly hopeless situations.  I don't know that there's always a solution to think of.  Sometimes we have to accept what we cannot change.  

• 2 weeks later...

There’s no such thing as a bad meditation. Anytime you spend in silence is valuable, even if your inner voice is persistent and loud. Don’t judge it; just observe it. Simply observe yourself sitting there, and when a stray thought suddenly appears, just note it, and use its presence as a reminder to go back to the gap. With time, your inner dialogue will shut down. We all know that mastery is seldom achieved without practice. Meditation is no exception. Perhaps that’s why it’s called practice. With the passage of time, you’ll easily slip into the gap with joyous anticipation of reuniting with God.
~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Hay House Daily Meditations's photo.
  • Upvote 2

On July 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM, kayc said:

This was very good.  Only one thing I differ with is he says we need to find another solution for whatever problem we're facing.

A good friend of mine has a week to live (cancer).  I don't think anything is going to be a solution to what she's facing, she can only accept it.  Another friend is in her 90s and her body ravaged with cancer.  There is no more solutions to her problems, only acceptance and getting through it.

Another friend is disabled and very poor.  Her water tank/plumbing has a leak in it that has caused the floor to rot.  She doesn't have a clue how to fix it or money to buy parts.  How can she think of a solution to her problem?  So far we haven't found anyone to help her, meanwhile, it's getting worse.

So many people are suffering in so many ways in seemingly hopeless situations.  I don't know that there's always a solution to think of.  Sometimes we have to accept what we cannot change.  

Kay, I wish there were solutions for your friends. I sit and think sometimes about the pain and suffering that's out there and realize that, even in my grief, I still can find many things to be thankful for. One thing that sprang to my mind about your disabled friend with the water leak: as George had mentioned previously, is there perhaps a church or a temple or some other organization nearby who could step in and help her with this situation/? Perhaps the city itself knows of someone or some group who could help her? If the floor has rotted, this is a safety hazard and a potential health hazard, as far as mold growing or what have you. 

Edited by TerriL
Bad typing.

On May 22, 2016 at 0:55 AM, enna said:

Thank you, Marty. I am in a much different place than I was four years ago when Jim left this earth. I had lost others close to me but never experienced the deep pain that I did when Jim died. What I have learned over these past years is that each loss is significant. No two losses are the same, death does not happen for a reason, our loved ones are not in a better place, we don’t need to move on, staying busy does not help, I don’t ever want to hear that I will love again (I might but I don’t want someone to tell me), God had nothing to do with Jim’s death and He didn’t need an angel, it’s ok to cry in front of others (grief has been kept in a closet for too long), time has nothing to do with healing (it’s what we do with the time that counts), I might be OK but I don’t need people to tell me that I will, my Jim loved me and knew me ~ we were happy together and I didn’t need anyone to tell me that Jim would want me to be happy, and another thing I learned in early grief is that I didn’t know what I wanted so don’t tell the person who is grieving to call if you need something. 

It was only much later in my grief that I was able to start reading and reflecting about what helps me to heal. I now find many different ways to do it. I love my family and see them as often as I can since they are out of town, I meditate, garden, cook, spend time outdoors, listen to music, journal, read, work on my colored pencil art, volunteer, spend time on Pinterest, and even enjoy laughing with some friends.

I know that some days I will be fine and other days I won’t. It is ok. I accept my sadness and I allow the happy moments. 

I continue to check in here on the forum because I know how important it is to validate the pain of those who are grieving. Doing "grief work" is not easy but it can be done. One does not know when an article, a webinar, a significant quote, a kind word, a song, or even a funny picture will help someone who is grieving. I like all the different threads and am amazed at how very sensitive people are when they respond to a post of a fellow griever. 

Anne, you are so enlightened. After reading this post, I wish I could meet you in person, have you place your hand on my forehead and instill me with your wisdom and peace. Unfortunately, I'm also aware that you are in the place you are now because of the hard and sometimes painful work you have done along the way on this long journey. My journey is still rather fresh and I'm not at the point where I definitely know what will work for me and what won't. Music does help me, I know that much. Even if it makes me cry, it helps. I used to draw and my goddaughter has been encouraging me to take it up again. So, I may try that. 

I want to thank you for sharing your healing process with all of us. 

• Upvote 2

I have found that spending time in reflection has helped me in my healing journey.  The collection of mindfulness meditations, articles and sounds has allowed me to work on a balance in my life.  I will always miss Jim but I cannot live in the past where we left off that dreadful day of his death.  Today, I carry our memories with me as I try to make sense of what my life is now.

I have learned much about meditation right here on our 'Tools for Healing' thread. 

The link is in a PDF format so those who wish to download it can have it on their desktop.

Loving Kindness Reflections.pdf

• Upvote 2

Thank you for always sharing so many helps for us.  You save me a lot of trouble! :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that, Anne!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...