Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Dream That Wasn't A Dream

marklovesbicky

Hi All

Last night I had the most extraordinary and wonderful dream.

It was fleeting but so real....

It was a simple scene, taking place in a nondescript day. I opened my car door and on the passenger seat was my little Bicky curled up in a ball. He looked at at me with with happiness and relief, his little tail wagging. He appeared as he did a year or so before he passed; a little older but healthy.

I remember I stood looking at him and thinking to myself "this is impossible, Bicky is dead". But then I thought "I don't care how unreal this is, I'll take it". I then reached over to him and hugged him tightly. His snout nuzzling my neck. His warm breath massaging my neck, just as we would do countless times in his all-too-short life together. I felt so connected with him, so complete and content.

Then I woke up.

But instead of that disappointed feeling one would think I would have after having my Bicky and then losing him again, I felt warm and thankful.

At first I concluded that it was just a dream, but later on in the day, it occurred to me that perhaps it was Bicky's way of making contact with me.

The universe is full of wonders and I believe anything and everything's possible.

This has given my such great comfort.

Anyway, I thought I would share it with all of you.

Sounds more like a visitation to me, Mark. But in the end, what difference does it make? If the experience was as lovely and as real and as comforting as you describe, I hope you will simply accept it, savor it and treasure it as the gift it clearly was! I am so happy for you!

Wow! I am so happy for you Mark! What an awesome experience and you must have felt like you were on cloud nine :) i totally agree with Marty-sounds like a visitation. Awwww i'm really happy for you :)

Mark,

I am glad the dream was a positive experience for you...some do feel let down when they awaken...back to their reality. I feel the same as you, to just even have them in a dream is special. So glad you got to hold your Bicky again.

Thank you so much Marty, Cakes, and KayC

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is a visitation. It was so real, so different than any other f

dreamI have had before.

Life is full of wonderful moments, gifts, and lessons....Instead of questioning, I intend to accept and embrace.

Again, thank you so much for the support...It means so much.

Yours, Mark (and Bicky)

Mark, this is just wonderful news, and I'm so happy for you & Bicky!! You'd said,

"It was so real, so different than any other dream I have had before."

...and that you felt "so connected with him, so complete and content" and "warm and thankful" afterwards. All hallmark expressions and senses of visitations/ADCs.....woo-HOO!!! :D And you're SO fortunate that you got to hold and nuzzle your Bicky-boy again, too, just like "normal"! :wub: Their big, fuzzy love for us never dies, nor do their teachings, and I'm just THRILLED for you!

Similarly, I got to hold my Sabin-boy (in 'dream' visitations) twice, hearing and feeling his big purr (once), feeling our auras/souls/hearts merging once again, and being so immediately calmed and grounded by his presence, as it always had been between us. And just this year, I finally got to experience my Nissa-girl's incredible KISSES again, too. In fact, just this May 9, I also finally got THE one sign from my gal that I've been asking, yearning & totally pining for, for over 6.5 years now -- what I dubbed her cherished "Heaven-Sent Heaven Scent"!!! -- experienced right on her bed-side picture that evening when I kissed her good-night!!! (haven't had time to post this separately, so thought I'd at least share a snippet of it here)

So I know how incredibly precious and blessed such moments are when they occur. And no matter how brief, they're still so FULL, precious and never to be forgotten, just as our furbabies and their lives aren't. :closedeyes: Thanks so much for sharing your own experience with us all, and I hope for many MORE for you both! :)

Dear Maylissa

Thank you so very much for the reply. Yes, I am so happy I got to hold my little Bicky once again...And I am so happy for you that you got to hold Sabin-boy and experience your Nissa-girl's kisses once again. And thank you for sharing your experience...I truly never expected this kind of experience. Every night when I go to bed I wonder whether it will be the night I see my Bicky again. Life is full of wonders indeed.

Here is something that may be of interest:

8 characteristics of true visitation dreams
True “visitation dreams” are actually very easy to identify because they are very different than “everyday dreams.” Characteristics of most (but not all) visitation dreams include the following:

Characteristic #1: The most important characteristic of a true visitation dream is that it feels “real.” It will also be very vivid.
Characteristic #2: If you have to ask whether the visitation dream was really a visitation dream, then it probably was NOT a visitation dream. They are so real and vivid that you won’t have to ask this question. When you do have a visitation dream, you may wonder if it was truly real; but in your heart or gut, you will “know” it was real.
Characteristic #3: Because they are so real and so vivid, you will remember visitation dreams very clearly for days, months, years . . . probably for your entire lifetime!
Characteristic #4: The person (or animal) will almost always appear in the dream to be completely healthy and behaving in a loving manner. They will rarely appear sick or injured. They will never be angry, disappointed, depressed, or punishing. They will be “whole, complete, and perfect” because they are now reconnected with God/Source energy.
Characteristic #5: Whether or not they speak to you verbally in the dream, they will communicate very clearly. (NOTE: As you’ll see in the next two examples, in neither of the dreams did actual verbal communication occur; the messages were conveyed telepathically and were completely clear.)
Characteristic #6: When they do communicate (either verbally or non-verbally), it isn’t because they want to engage in idle “chit-chat.” It isn’t easy for deceased loves ones to enter a dream. They come with a purpose, and they will convey the message and then be gone.
Characteristic #7: Most often, their messages fall into the category of “reassurance.” They come to let you know that they are fine and that they want you to be happy. Occasionally, they will come with a warning; however, when giving a warning, they will give you loving support and you will feel reassured by their presence.
Characteristic #8: After a visitation dream, when you wake up, you will often be filled with a sense of peace and love.

[source: 8 Characteristics of Visitation Dreams, by Anne Reith, PhD]

Edited by MartyT
Citing source

All very spot-on! And #3 is one of the BEST things about dream (or other types of) visitations because, unlike our other usual memories, there isn't any "worry" about forgetting anything about them - they're definitely cemented in place!

Good idea posting these for everyone, Mark. :)

Thank you, Mark, for sharing that, very good points of consideration!