Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Birthday Anne (Enna)

Anne,

post-914-0-48892100-1386272241_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Kay, for your beautiful handmade card and for your good wishes on FB. Please take care of yourself and drink plenty of tea.

Hi Jan, thank you again for your birthday wishes. I did receive you message on FB and I am so worried about you with the weather you are having right now. Please do take care of yourself and Kelbi.

Now my dear Tribe I can invite all of you for cake and. . .even though we have dipped into the 50s it is still better than most of you in the deep freeze. I will keep the fireplace going and Benji will greet each one of you with his own special love. :)

Thanks Harry for the birthday song on FB. You have all been so dear. I treasure each one of you.

Thank you Marty for making the cake and thank you for not trying to put 71 candles on it!

OMG, that chocolate looks to die for! I want to taste what's inside!

50s sounds wonderful, I'm envious, esp. since it hasn't been above freezing for the last week and won't for the next either. Record low temperatures!

Who is passing the chocolate cake around? I think I have been missed. :P

Happy Birthday Anne, dear heart. :wub:

It is -3F at my house, last night was -22F and tomorrow's high is -5F for town. But it was sunny and lovely today, and I made it to town for appointments and mail and a bit of shopping for bananas and such, and had a lovely time, then came home and rested.

Tomorrow I do not need to go out at all. :) Oh, I stopped at the florist and got myself some glads in white and yellow, so I can pretend I am in the Bahamas or somewhere warmer. :) I am enjoying banana/lemon custard with a dash of rum in it, and one can flame it with rum if one is so inclined. I am not. The fires are keeping me wonderfully warm, the deer and rabbits have greens tossed out, although their salad will freeze fast. And I have cried for Doug today, as I stood in the forest and welcomed winter on behalf of both of us, as was our way. :) Soon, we would be having bonfires out here. :) I don't think I will make one this year. :) Well, maybe a small one in the little fire pit. We will see.

The feeders are mobbed with birds, from Flickers down to Pygmy Nuthatches. I have Ravens visiting, and one comes every day at around noon. The mice are scavenging the fallen seeds from the feeders. Deer are all over the place. One set of fox prints. Turkeys lurking in the forest edge. :) It is shaping up to be a fine winter. I love snow and cold. I wore my hikers with heavy socks to town today, over tights and a skirt. Quite the stylish garb here in winter. :) And layers, of course. We live in layers here or in Fairbanks, from now until around April 15, when we usually get our last blizzard.

It has been a wonderful day of enjoying the festive shops on Last Chance Gulch, absorbing and inhaling the florist's shop where they let me browse the cooler for flowers. A cold garden, but what a lovely time! Then visiting a couple of friends, and coming home and using my healing cards by Christine Northrup, M.D.

Kay, this is really a great cream of chicken soup to make. In small batches for the day, but for four days, all you need is one Roasted chicken, 4 cups cooked basmati rice, 2 quarts chicken stock. Make is as organic as you like.

I debone 1/4 of a chicken, add 1 cup cooked basmati rice, and 2 cups broth, and blend, blend, blend. Smooth and creamy and heavenly delicious. A perfect comfort food. :) And it makes three of my 6 meals I am eating right now each day.

Kay, I hope you can keep your house warm. I keep this one between 65-70F usually, and of course, even with all the air handling and plenum and all, the heat moves where it wants to go most times, but I also have about half the windows already covered with window film for the winter, and will do the rest as I am able. Right now, fresh home from the hospital, I am doing well to keep the fires going and myself fed. :) And I am not trying to do much more than that for a while, actually. This is a huge shift into healing mode for me.

Off to get some more lemon custard, although it is too sweet. I forgot to allow for the sweetness of the coconut milk. :wacko:

Warm {{{HUGS}}} to everyone this frosty night. Nights like this always make me thing of the line "Earth as hard as stone." from the hymn. And then there is the thought of permafrost. :)

May the days of this season bring us joy, wonderful memories, and a renewed sense of the beauty of Life.

*<tiwnkles>*

fae

Now I am full of cake and a good dinner with friends last night and ready to face another year. My hope will to get to a place where I can continue with new beginnings and allow the memories both good and not so good to helpme be a better, more caring person.

Thank you Arlene and fae for the birthday wishes. I am blessed with so much love around me. This journey would be most difficult for me without this beautiful place to come to.

Oh fae, you have not been missed with your share of the birthday cake but you will have to wait until your doctors say you can have some.

I know that winter has hit many of you and I love how you embrace your seasons with gusto. Make that small fire, fae, and hold each one of us close and know that we are with you as you go through this health issue.

I could eat lemon custard right now. It sounds delicious.

My wish is that everyone keep warm during these chilly days. I/we love your nattering fae. I for one consider it a wonderful birthday gift to have you sounding better.

I also saw the live performance of Sound of Music on our NBC last night. Not as good as the original but ok.

Anne

Dear Anne, The first day of your new year...I am so glad you had dinner with friends and hopefully that included lots of chocolate. Yes, Sound of Music was good but, like you, I will stick with the original version with Julie Andrews and Salzberg, Austria. May this year be one, first of health and peace and then lots of chocolate and books.

Peace,

Mary

Anne, glad you had a good birthday celebration with friends, like Mary, I hope the cake was chocolate! I also watched "Sound of Music" last night....I thought it was pretty good. They were doing the play version and we are getting ready to do the play version next weekend, so was very interesting to me. I think our Maria is a better singer than Carrie, but our Maria is a good young friend, so I may be a little biased!!!

Anne, I wish for you the very best in this new year for you. Wishing for better health, and peace.

Mary (Queeniemary) in snow covered Arkansas

Of course the cake was double chocolate. :D

Let us know, Queeniemary, how your Sound of Music went. Thank you for the good wishes of health for the coming year. That will continue to be my focus. Nothing gets done without work and determination I am finding out.

When will your second eye surgery be done? I really feel bad for those who are experiencing such cold, windy, rainy, and snowy weather. Our Jan is safe but they are having severe weather in her area near the North Sea.

Bless all of you and keep you safe.

Hello I'm the happiness fairy
1472845_434742619959567_406429779_n.jpg

I love the fairy happy dust! I won't ask where on earth you found that, you just have a knack for that!

fae, much too cold! I'm glad your house is keeping warm in spite of it. They predicted 3-5" snow today and we have a foot already and it's still snowing! The plows didn't touch our road or the Hwy, don't know where they are, just not here! I've been shoveling all day.

Kay,

Rest. Stay warm. Hydrate. It will all be there tomorrow, dear one, so do not overtire yourself while you are dealing with a cold.

Heat your body as much as you are able with warm clothes and hats, to help fight the virus. (fever kills virus, which is why some of us use sweats for viral issues).

You and Arlie play games, stay warm.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Took Arlie for a walk last night, went down and let him play with the pup in the snow, then walked home. Got another 4" last night, shoveled ramp, paths, lower driveway, still have upper to do. Having tea, sitting by the fire. :)