Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Son's Wedding Today!

Wanted to share with my friends and grief family here a happy occasion! Today was my oldest son's wedding. Rain was predicted but the sun and blue skies prevailed! While this is a very happy time, it does still bring some sadness, wishing Larry was here with us today. So introducing my son Ryan and his new bride Celeste!!!

post-1371-0-36366600-1413060351_thumb.jp

What a lovely day, sun and all. I am sure you missed Larry and his absence created some of the bittersweet. So glad you are celebrating the day. They look like a wonderful couple and one surrounded by water and sky....Congratulations to you.

Mazel tov, dear Deborah! Warmest congratulations to your son and his lovely new bride!

So glad you included a picture of the happy couple! The bride's gown is gorgeous!

I think the word "bittersweet" was invented for occasions just like this, Deborah. I'm so sorry that your precious Larry was not there with you in body ~ but I feel certain that he was with you in spirit. I mean, just look at the beautiful weather you had in spite of the predictions ~ I wonder how that happened?!

Deborah,

Mazel Tov! I am so very glad you had this happy day, and yes, I know Larry was there with you, and continues to watch over all of you.

Yes, that is a lovely gown, and they look radiantly happy.

I am smiling for them and for you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Beautiful picture, Deborah! I hope it was a wonderful day for you too! I am watching my son and his wife go through what used to be my life, starting a new job, buying a house, getting pregnant, enjoying camping, music festivals, etc., just all the things that used to be my life and is no more. It feels like life is in stages and mine is past and now it's their turn. You may start feeling like that a bit as you see them go through what used to be yours and Larry's life. It's not a bad thing, just something I've had to accept, it's kind of weird actually.

They look to be a handsome couple, and I love her choice of sunflowers! I hope they're able to have a nice honeymoon to start their life with. Do you have other children, Deborah?

But remember, Kay,

There are many life stages, and although those life stages may be behind you, your gift now is to let this stage of your life be as beautiful, full, creative, challenging, and life-affirming as every other stage, including the stages yet to come. You have such a beautiful and creative spirit, and so much groundedness and spunk, I think that as you have time to rest and heal and focus on taking care of you, that you are going to find this stage may be the richest, most joy-filled, and satisfying of them all. Knowing that George is right there with you in spirit makes it all beautiful in a new way.

*<twinkles>*

fae

(I am speaking to myself as much as to you, I think.) :wub:

Just a lovely picture, Deborah, of a happy couple. I know you missed Larry, and it was bittersweet because he was not there. There will be many moments in life like that. I am so happy for you that you love your son's new bride.

QMary