Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I miss my bride my princess my soulmate my beautiful angel.  Our time was cut way too short.  Though I know I had more time with my soulmate than many here.  I am so humbled by that. 

My bride was my entire world. She gave me a gorgeous selfless smart amazing son and two baby girls that were too beautiful for this world.  And she in essence gave me two beautiful grandsons and now two beautiful princesses born way too soon one Lila Beth was meant to be in Heaven with her Grammy Mary.  The other, Lilian Mary, tiny at 2lbs fighting to stay here with us.  How blessed am I?  How grateful am I. How purely humbled I am.  This journey wouldn't be had my bride not been there not been my other half.  I promised her to never give up.  I promised her to take care of our boy and his two boys.  Who knew that shortly after she passed that Lila and Lily were conceived.  She knew from up above.  And now she's holding little Lila in her Heavenly arms.  I owe my bride so much.  I owe her infinity and beyond.  And it's absolutely the sweetest debt that could ever be repaid.  I will keep promises I made her as she passed to Heaven seven months and two days ago to the minute.  I love her with no bounds.  I will endlessly repay the debt of love and life I owe her for loving me without conditions only pure undying love.  I'm pouring that love to my son and DIL as they sit by their tiny princess Lily.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Butch, how beautiful a tribute to Mary...and I believe she knows.  Yours is a precious family, both those who've passed, and those still here.

Dear Butch, what a beautiful tribute to Mary and to your wonderful, loving family.  I, too, feel that you are all a part of my family, and I am praying each day for you and the boys and Lilian Mary.  Thank you for sharing your love with us, and for allowing us to return some of that love to you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Lily is currently in surgery for IVH.  Hemorrhage in the brain. The same procedure Lila had Sunday before she passed.  I'm home with the boys.  Lily is a fighter. She has to pull through this.  She has spunk and spirit already.  She's going to be our family's rainbow baby girl.  I have faith.  (I think).  

Butch, How did she do through the night?  She is a little fighter, for sure!

Dear, dear friend,

Thank you so very much for letting us know how Lily is doing.

We continue to hold you and Lily and all your family in our prayers and lovingly in our hearts.  We think of you often each day, and I am sending prayers for Lily to grow stronger and healthier every hour.  

I send you love and caring, and some *<fairy dust>* for everyone there, most especially you and Lily.

{{{hugs}}}

fae

Please continue to pray...she has a fever, and some other issues.  She has gained a little weight though, so that's a healthy sign!

oh you all are amazing. Thank you isn't enough for all the prayers and support.  Thank you will never be enough. 

Today was a sad day for the  NICU "family" as a couple lost their son.  

Lily is holding on but has pneumonia in her left lung.  

I probably won't update until Lily gets stronger and pulls through.  I know it hard to get bad news.  And it's hard to give.  

I just really miss my love my bride my heart and soul and best friend.  

Butch 

Butch - there's not much in the way of wisdom I can add.  But I'll echo what many have already said.  You and your family have my thoughts and prayers.  I have been through exactly the same thing you are experiencing with my Daughter Becky.  She was born at 32 weeks some 22 years ago.  We nearly lost her more than a few times in those first few weeks.  The NICU can be a daunting place for both parents and grandparents.  Just reading your thoughts is proof positive that your Mary must have been an amazing lady.  

Jeff

Butch, I hope you will handle the updates with whatever makes you comfortable, if it's too hard, we can wait, we'll keep praying regardless.

Please pray for Lily, she's fighting for her life.

Lily joined Lila today.  This is hard.

Leo, Shannon, and Mary have two little angels to love and cherish now.  

oh my.  All part of our family here.  I know we are all crying.  

{{{Butch}}} we are all holding you and your family in our hearts.