Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

Rather than continually judging ourselves, we can learn to treat ourselves with kindness, a sense of common humanity, and mindfulness when considering our perceived inadequacies. On Oct. 3, Kristin Neff shows us how to be present with greater ease during the inevitable struggles of life with "Self-Compassion and Emotional Resilience." http://ow.ly/S7UoX

Live WEBCAST also available. http://ow.ly/S7Uqi

12074924_10156096741425486_5017772278302801003_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

This meditation introduces a simple breathing practice that brings relaxation and inner ease. ~ Tara
http://www.tarabrach.com/meditation-a-healing-breath/

photo: Jonathan Foust

safe_image.php?d=AQAx_kXl577x4LLQ&w=470&
This meditation introduces a simple breathing practice that brings relaxation and inner ease.
TARABRACH.COM

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Anne, I hope you will continue posting in this thread! I've a feeling that more of us read and appreciate what you share with us here than you may realize. Just take a look at the number of views this thread has generated, compared to some of the others! 

• Upvote 1

We do.  I just don't have much to say about meditation, but I always read what you write, and I always click on your links and if I don't have time to listen to them right then, I do later.  I personally would really really miss your posts if you stopped.  You are one of the most valuable contributors we have!  I'm sorry, I should give you more feedback, I tend to respond more to the new ones that are in dire crisis.  I value and appreciate you so much, Anne!

• Upvote 1

Many of the things I post are from others who have led me to helpful meditations. My sharing is because I have found a value in what I post. Many things I have been drawn to are because of what others have posted. I would not know about mindfulness or guided imagery or people like Francis Weller or Sharon Salzberg or Belleruth or Karen Wyatt or Kelly Buckley or Tara Brach, or Pema Chödrön or the Dalia Lama or Jack Kornfield or too many others to name. 

Truly amazing, what a universe we have!

Anne, I cherish your posts and the wonderful links and images, music and meditations that you share.  I often don't sign in these days, but just know that your generosity is appreciated and welcome.

*<twinkles>*

ff

fae,

Miss you so much!  Check in now and then and let Anne and I hear from you!  I guess I need to email more. :)  I got your lovely card yesterday, thank you!  It's so rare and special to receive a hand written note!

• 1 month later...

If I could only wake up each day and pray this prayer ~ So, I typed it out and taped it on my mirror in my bathroom.

The Dalai Lama on How to Start Your Day

Every day, think as you wake up,
today I am fortunate to be alive,
I have a precious human life,
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
to expand my heart out to others,
to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others,
I am not going to get angry or think badly about others.
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

• Upvote 2

She, Darcie Sims, has been gone for awhile, but her words still resonate with me. I love her idea and reasons why for living in a basement during January. It's short talk but worth a listen.   

http://webtalkradio.net/internet-talk-radio/2014/01/06/good-mourning-the-many-faces-of-grief-surviving-the-post-holiday-letdown-depression-and-grief/

That's funny!  Too bad I don't have a basement! :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every once in a while, I take a day to stay home and reflect on who I am and where I'm going as I transform into a different me. Part two of the Reach Approach (part one is above) is repeating affirmations to make them part of my positive approach to daily life. 

• Upvote 1

DAILY MEDITATION

Community Supported by Solitude
January 22
S.gif
dm_0122_md.jpg
Photo courtesy of SDGImagery.com
S.gif
Solitude greeting solitude, that's what community is all about. Community is not the place where we are no longer alone but the place where we respect, protect, and reverently greet one another's aloneness. When we allow our aloneness to lead us into solitude, our solitude will enable us to rejoice in the solitude of others. Our solitude roots us in our own hearts. Instead of making us yearn for company that will offer us immediate satisfaction, solitude makes us claim our center and empowers us to call others to claim theirs. Our various solitudes are like strong, straight pillars that hold up the roof of our communal house. Thus, solitude always strengthens community.
Henri Nouwen
  • Upvote 2

DAILY MEDITATION

Choosing Joy
January 30
S.gif
dm_0130_dm.jpg
Photo courtesy of SDGimagery.com
S.gif
Joy is what makes life worth living, but for many joy seems hard to find. They complain that their lives are sorrowful and depressing. What then brings the joy we so much desire? Are some people just lucky, while others have run out of luck? Strange as it may sound, we can choose joy. Two people can be part of the same event, but one may choose to live it quite differently than the other. One may choose to trust that what happened, painful as it may be, holds a promise. The other may choose despair and be destroyed by it.

What makes us human is precisely this freedom of choice.
Henri Nouwen
  • Upvote 2

I so wholeheartedly agree with that statement!  I know many cannot see it, but if only they could CHOOSE JOY TODAY they would see that it is so.  Even in the midst of sorrow and pain...in fact, ESPECIALLY in the midst of sorrow and pain, it is key that we choose to acknowledge joy in our lives.