Grief Healing Discussion Groups

16 year wedding anniversary, but one of us is missing

Today would have been our 16 year wedding anniversary.  We would have gone to our favorite restaurant, probably with a few friends.  He was very creative and always made me a beautiful card with a lovely poem.  It would be on the kitchen table when I got up in the morning.  Just another of the many, many things I miss about my wonderful Al.  Today I will go to my exercise class, arrange for someone to fix my garage door lock, and a few other mundane things.  Later, I hope I can look at our wedding album and smile at remembering.  I hope.  Usually these things are still so painful.  Happy Anniversary, Al.  Wish you were here.

• Upvote 3

Oh Gin I know today is a hard day, Al is with you he is right by your side I truly believe this he will be seeing those amazing photos of memories wrapping his arms around you, I hope you find some comfort today, I know it is painful try and remember the good things and all the love. Hugs to you

• Upvote 1

Gin, I know how hard today is, it's not fair that we have to spend an anniversary without our true love.  Hoping you can look at your photos and smile and find peace that the life you did have together was wonderful.  Sending you hugs.

Joyce

• Upvote 1

Gin, you're in my heart, I know it's hard.  We would have had our 15th last month...we never forget.

Gin,

My heart is with you. I was thinking this morning that in one week, what would have been our 44th comes along. I never once gave thought to the fact that there would be only one of us here to "celebrate". Say it isn't so..................