Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

Tachi, I have two posts on the previous page you haven't read.  This morning I have NO WATER. Pump Tec isn't tripped, maybe it quit working. Tank empty. Flushed the toilet before I knew, there is nothing. Sinks nothing. 30 degrees so it shouldn't have froze, usually it has to get below 25 before I turn the heat on where the pipes are.  Pump? Well? 

And in the middle of a huge snow storm.  Lord it just doesn't get easier.  Kodie attacked by the same dog that got him when he was little.  😡  Idiot pet owner let him loose.   He cries if I pick him up but I don't feel/see anything, I'm praying it's just bruises.

Thats a cool bed and a nice room. He looks pretty happy. Hope he grows up to be handy like his Dad.

Thats a shocking amount of snow to me. I guess thats normal for you folks. That would bring everyting here to a standstill.

Do you have water yet? Can you go to the neigbors? Who do you get to see about fixing it? Maybe the pump, ive never had a place with a well so no idea. 

Poor Kodie. Maybe just bruises since you cant see anything. Those people need to act responsibly with their dog. Did it come into your yard? Down here if their dog got out and attacked someones dog it may get shot. Thats serious stuff.

Im sorry its being so bad, it just has to get better. Hang in there. Maybe someone can at least get you some jugs of water from their house. Is there anyone close you can go stay with?

I guess Panther is just wild enough he doesnt want alot of human food.

We're getting rain today. Its nice to hear and see. But I dearly miss the yard. Its not the same watching it rain in the compex as it was in the yard. Knew id miss the yard but not this much. 

Praying you find someone to get your water back again. And Kodie begins to heal. And for peace and quiet for awhile. Take good care of yourself and stay warm.

• Like 1

The guy left his shop at 8:30, got back about 7 pm. Had to replace everything, pump, switches, wires, bent pipes, you name it.  He left a huge pile of dirt I need to move somehow as it's right in the way.  Tons more snow tonight, Wednesday, into Thursday.  So done with this.  Also need to move a pile of branches I picked up yesterday.

I was walking Kodie home from Jazzy's, on a leash, when the owner of Kyro just let him loose with no regard to us and he made a beeline for Kodie and got his neck, his sister came roaring over too!  I was so beyond livid!  I exclaimed, "What is the MATTER with you!!!"  He's forgotten the last time Kyro got him that did damage to his organs?!

Vincent will be a lot like his dad.  When he was two he picked up the right wrench out of the set to work on Melissa's car, that amazed us!  

Like father like son. he has a good rolemodel. I think he has a good future ahead.

I dont understand people letting their dogs run about. here that person would have charges sworn out and the dogs possibly ompounded. Im sorry kodie got attacked. Cant seem to go anywhere anymore. I hope he's ok.

Winter is coming Sunday, low of 8 and 11 Monday night and very cold for a couple more days. Supposedly elec is ready for it. The apts here are on the same circuit as the fire station close by so hopefully we're ok. I have a trunk load of wood and two boxes of logs plus firestarter, so should be ok for a few days if we lose power. 

I've been pleasantly surprised at how quiet its been here. Theres car and trucks and people turn up a stereo for a minute here and there. But compared to my past experiences in apts this is good.

Wow, sounds like the guy replaced the entire pump etc. I guess it just wore out. Well hopefully that means you dont have to worry about it again. Workmen/repairmen never ever clean up after. That should be part of the job. had a guy once replace pipe and cutoff valve behind a toilet. left the mess and punched out tile leaving a hole. I certainly didnt look like a tile guy and my landlord didnt care. i had to patch it as best i could.

I guess you're about snowed under. Stay warm and take good care of yourself. lets hope for a safe, peaceful and quit weekend.

The pump, some of the well pipes that were bent, switches and electrical as it was frayed and there was air getting in, explaining lower pressure I'd had for a long time, something on the pump tech, he did everything except bury the electrical but ran out of time, and with so many emergencies I was lucky he came.  Spent yesterday shoveling a lot and today will be worse, kind of scares me.  So tired, I just want to cuddle kup in a quilt.

I felt on a slippery slope yesterday trying to clean off my satellite dish, first time it happened but so much snow!  Bruised arm badly but glad no breaks.

I am so glad it's quiet in your apt!  The tenants make a huge difference.

I'm very glad Kodie is okay!  I was about to get in an all out brawl with that dog had the owner not reached us.  

If you can take a couple day off to rest, sleep, hot tea. Just stay in and under a warm blanket.

Is there anyone who can shovel snow for you?

Good to hear Kodie is okay. I was worried. he's too precious.

They increased our property tax exemptions for this year. So I should be getting a refund for that and for the insurance as well. This is money i paid out of my own pocket so i'm keeping it. The system seems broken. Among other things it would have been nice to know what my payments for the mortgage would have been next year...nope, they dont give advance notice. 

I will probably never hear from the couple who bought the house ever again. in a way I want to share some things about it but in a way i think it best to just let it go. Thats a rough part of Life is learning when to let things go.

Realised last night that we have a 4 day window for themovers to pick up my brother's stuff and those 4 days will be extremely cold. In all honesty i dont know if my car will start in that. Its at the neighbor's house so the driver can get it but I want to be there to help. I might run down somewhere tomorrow and have a new battery put in. the place I used to take my car is under new management and the last time I took it in I got a bad feeling.

Sounds like that pump was just shot all which ways. At least its fixed now. 

One thing I should be grateful for is our weather, which is warmer than what ya'all get. And drier. they said we should have a warm winter and dry. We shall see. next month will probably be our worst. 

They're repainting the exterior of the complex. yesterday i came home and found an elderly man on a ladder with a roller rolling paint on the carport, all by himself. Started to feel sorry for him but then he has a job at least.

Neighbors were talking about investments. I realised i can invest most of this house money in CDs and help pay the shortfall since im not working yet. theyre insures so i wont lose em. I can invest for a year and have a locked in rate. And when the year is up look at the new rate and decide what to do. Bad part is that the rate is guaranteed strong every year. But then anything is better than nothing.

Is it still snowing?

Hoping you can rest a couple days. take good care of yourself and kodie. And how is Panther doing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tachi said:

I will probably never hear from the couple who bought the house ever again. in a way I want to share some things about it but in a way i think it best to just let it go. Thats a rough part of Life is learning when to let things go.

Scott, the thoughts you're having remind of this article: In Grief: Saying Goodbye to A Family Home ❤️

• Like 1

Thanks Marty, will read that now. I spoke to them briefly at closing and theyre a lovely couple. The wife loves to garden and the husband is a video gamer. they look forward to raising kids one day and entertaining their extended families. I liked them alot. And I think my folks would approve of them enjoying the home. In a way it helps close a long chapter in my life.

Hope you are well my friend. Take care.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tachi said:

Sounds like that pump was just shot all which ways. At least its fixed now. 

The whole system was!  He left most of the pipes, just replaced bent ones.  Will be glad when the electrical line is buries and not having the door mashed on it that goes to the tank/pipes room.  That can't be good for it!

Panther surviving the winter, best as any of us.  Kodie loves the snow, Panther not so much.  I discovered why he disappeared a couple of nights, inside his basket was all wet from the blizzard!  Even though it's 12 ft in from the covered patio's edge.  The wind blew hard.  I washed and dried the bedding and while it was washing put a towel in the basket, not as comfy but when I came out to put the clean bedding in, he was laying in it!  😍  Something to remember to check when it's like this.

I'm hurting all over from shoveling or my fall from the slippery slope to clean off my dish.

I won't make a plea for help until I absolutely can't do it myself.  Don't want to wear out my welcome.  A guy was out with his plow yesterday and did my neighbor's place, not mine, they're ten years younger.  I told him I'd fallen, but nope.  

I think people, most perhaps, just arent used to helping others. That situation of need could be staring them right in the face and they wont realise it. If you need help i'd ask. If they refuse then you know who to not ask. 

Sounds like you need a few days off to recuperate. I get sore when i move stuff up the stairs. I've been lazy since I moved in but I need to set up an exercise program and get in better shape. I know I have to go easy and I dont know what im capable of doing now...but I get a feeling its now or never. 

Do you ever make chili? Sounds good with this arctic weather coming.

Lows in single digoits and highs in 20s sunday thru tiesday and then back to normal wednesday. Waiting to hear when they pick up that furniture and hoping the car will start. It's used to being in the arm garage so no idea how it will do sitting in the parking lot. Considering trying to get a new battery today.

Im sure Panther appreciates the good care. Feral animals know the best ways to survive I think. 

Put a new battery in the car, good thing cause the old one was 2020. 

My pharmacy was having trouble with my script. I pay online and have it mailed. They ended up charing my card 7 times, 4 went thru and 3 pending. they say they did chargebacks so all should drop off but one. Why dont I trsut them? Why didnt they call and tell me? Its gotten so no one is competent anymore.

Hope you get some quiet, stay warm and take care of yourself.

9 hours ago, Tachi said:

If you need help i'd ask. If they refuse then you know who to not ask. 

Him...I pretty much did, instead he did neighbors with a flat driveway, they're over ten years younger than me, I had just told him I'd fallen, nope, let the OLD lady do it herself!

9 hours ago, Tachi said:

Do you ever make chili?

I can't have beans and that's how I always fixed it but I do have a recipe for just meat, that's how my Texan GF fixes it.

9 hours ago, Tachi said:

I need to set up an exercise program and get in better shape.

Haha, I know just the thing that will take care of you...or kill you, one or the other.  No I already know you don't want to shovel! :D  Every part of me hurts, arm (that I landed on), neck, knee, even lower back hurts and I don't have back problems, just overdoing it.  I haven't even worried about picking up branches, they're all buried anyway.  Guess I'll have a bunch of clean up this spring!

I'm glad you got a new battery in!

Sorry you had the Rx/charging problem.  Dish Network is committing atrocities on my account.😡

Got my vacuuming done first thing, wanted to before opening the wood stove.

RX-sure enough all 7 have now posted so will be curious to see if they give me a credit. If not then wednesday, after we warm up, will drive across town and open my bank acct on the app and ask for a refund.

Shovels....the bane of existence. I did alot of shoveling the past couple summers to try and fix up the yard. the bad part is that im no longer strong enough to dig deep in that clay soil. You need a flamethrower to just melt it off, so it can run downhill and freeze to ice. On second thought bad idea. 

People are so odd, YOU are the one who needed help the most. Younger and in decent shape thats no big deal. they dont have to shovel a huge pile everytime. just get less on the shovel. The more I deal with people the less I like them. I am firmly convinced that people in general only notice me let alone are nice to me if they can make money off me. like the bank etc.

Chili...I know some people add corn, can you have sweet potatoes? I guess pasta is out, hmmm, might have to do some research.

You need my old nextdoor neighbor. he was always just jumping in and helping. But he never needed me to help him. We even ould help the folks on the other side of me. I need to buy them lunch sometime.

The mover was supposed to pick up brp's furniture etc sometime sunday thru wednesday and give 2 days notice. VERY cold temps tonight through Tuesday night...havent heard anything yet. Hopefully they wait til wednesday or so. I dont relish driving across town and loading in that cold. Once that is done i think all that is left is for me to talk to the taxman and get some things filed...and talk to an investments person. Of my shortfall on bills if i invest it will pay more than half, which would double the time my nestegg will keep me alive. Of course bro things investing is stupid. I wonder if he has a retiement acct or well not my business. What ive noticed is he wants to know all that im doing yet will never talk about himself. I know nothing about him. I think we will slowly part ways and ill ignore any 'advice' he gives.

Lets hope you get some peace and quiet, please take good care and stay warm.

• Like 1

Chili:  NO corn, sweet potatoes, nothing that grows underground (root vegetables), no pasta (wheat or white flour), they're all bad for diabetics.

I have these recipes:

Keto Chili Slow Cooker

INGREDIENTS

·        2 1/2 pounds ground beef

·        1 medium red onion, chopped and divided

·        5 cloves garlic, minced

·        3 large ribs of celery, diced

·        1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices

·        6 ounce can tomato paste

·        14.5 ounce can tomatoes and green chilies

·        14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes

·        2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos

·        4 tablespoons chili powder

·        2 tablespoons cumin, mounded

·        2 teaspoons sea salt

·        1 teaspoon garlic powder

·        1 teaspoon onion powder

·        1 teaspoon oregano

·        1 teaspoon black pepper

·        1/2 teaspoon cayenne

·        1 bay leaf

INSTRUCTIONS

1.    Heat slow cooker on low setting.

2.    In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, half of the onions, half of the garlic, and salt and pepper. Once the beef is browned, drain excess grease from pan.

3.    Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker.  Add remaining onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies (with liquid), stewed tomatoes (with liquid), Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf.

4.    Stir until all ingredients are well combined.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

15 servings, 5 net carbs

#recipe

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/kickin-chili-low-carb-gluten-free/

KetoChili.thumb.jpg.51bdd0c95f61f27dcf1d323f30bc88d8.jpg

14 hours ago, Tachi said:

I need to buy them lunch sometime.

That would be nice!

You have been going going going for so long now, I wonder what you'll fill your days with now that you don't "have" to.  

Yesterday was horrid to go out in, even the horse didn't come for her apple.  Very slippery and treacherous, my daughter stayed home, she's near Autzen Stadium and there was freezing rain and snow, the Hwy 58 and commute sites were full of horror stories, downed lines, avalanches, wrecks, snow, freezing rain, it was a mess out there all day!  Our snow is saturated with rain now and branches down.  Don't want to see what's to come.

• Sad 1

Im just being lazy these past 2 weeks as well as doing some business. Need to talk with the tax guy. But mostly I need to get back to me for however much time I have left. The things i'd given up on. learn to play my mandolin, artwork, story writing. Not that ill be any good but its about trying at this point. 

And I need to invest.

and I need to get in better shape before is too late

and I need to study so I have a hope of going back to work. But I highly doubt anyone will hire me. Esp for what my bro says to do. but its a very interesting field so ill study it. I really also want to study comparative myth and legend. Which also includes fantasy film and literature. Those can be seen as our modern day myths. many of those are shared in common across many peoples. The theory is that you go far enough back in history and you find that one tribe that came into an area and split off to populate the region. Well they all shared at one time the same beliefs. As they evolved and differentiated those beliefs changed per the specific tribe but still have the same roots.

I wonder how a multi meat chili would be...beef, sausage, maybe chicken...I guess there arent any vegetables you could add but onion and tomato would be good. I wonder how apple would be.

The mover just gotmy brotehrs stuff. one guy in a mercedes van. neighbors sent me pics because its 19 and I stayed in the apt. He wrapped in plastic wrap and blankets and is on his way. they think he is Ukrainian, didnt understand a word he said. Hope it gets there in one piece.

So far we havent lost power. tomorrow morning and wed morning will be at risk as well. Then it warms up Wednesday.

Your weather sounds bad. Its one thing to be cold but add in snow and ice and its miserable. Having it every year doesnt make it easier. Is it still snowing? When i was a kid outside Chicago we would get snow higher than the car. Crazy. 

Hoping for some peace and quiet and no snow. Stay warm and take good care.

• Like 1

Apple is high in carb, 20 for a small one.

Our internet, phone, and texting have been out since Sunday, back for a bit yesterday and then out again.

Eugene is a disaster zone. Reminds me of the Columbus day storm in 1962 only it was a hurricane, the shelves are empty, everything is a mess, thick ice and snow, my daughter hasn't been able to work all week, they're telling everyone to stay home.  A tree fell behind her car so she couldn't go anywhere if she wanted.  Her kitten has been sick all week, can't even take her in.  Kodie was sick too, horribly, no idea what brought it on, he vomited at church several times.

Lots of snow and ice...

This is our Multnomah Falls!  Frozen.

image.thumb.png.b257ad2229bb3274211e280bbce49e26.png

Oh my, sounds very dangerous. At least you have heat and power. I guess a good thing would be to have a well stocked pantry and never run low on food. 

Hows Kodie doing, is he better? Maybe he ate something he found?

People down here freak out if we get real low temps and a couple inches of snow but they have no idea what you folks deal with. Have things gotten any better? Or does it take awhile to dig out. We got some heavy snow etc when I was a kid in Chicago. I remember the streets it was so high there was no driving until the snowplough went down the street.

My brother thinks 50s is cold. We will get another arctic front tonight and be cold through the weekend and then should be back to normal monday with some rain next week. I dont have a yard to water anymore so will just enjoy it for what it is. makes me appreciate what we have here. 

From what my realtor said the buyers were so excited to get the house and start work. theyre having it repainted and putting in wood floors. I know they'll enjoy the yard, esp if some of my seeds come up. 

Take good care of yourself and kodie. Stay warm.

• Like 1

Wow, thats crazy, ive never see falls frozen like that. How cold are you folks now? But in a way its beautiful. I guess because im not in the middle of that winter. Stay warm my friend and stay safe.

• Like 1

That's east of Portland, but I was amazed.  Eugene is a disaster zone but my daughter was finally able to get to work today after being home five days.  Her BF is working on getting a ride, his truck is out of commission, what a time for that.  And he has  an inspection tomorrow I think.

I never saw anything come through Kodie's stools, they seemed fine, it was all vomiting and fever so maybe a bug?  Who knows.  
My daughter's kitten is finally improving and eating, she's been sick all week.  Someone said take a Uber to the vet, you couldn't!  The entire town was shut down, including transportation.  Businesses closed, grocery stores empty.

yea vets wouldnt be able to get in. I dont know if theres anything you cn give a dog for vomiting. If you had a pharmacy to call you could ask a pharmacist. But Kodie is better now? Must have been a virus or something. 

That sounds like a disaster, does this happen often? We are freezing this weekend then warming up monday with rain.

I need to get new tires on the car and stock the pantry. I had bought a pack of beef to make swiss steaks so may do that this week. 

One thing about these apartments is they have gates w/ access codes. I know UPS can get in and I had a delivery by walmart and on the order box I gave entry directions. But I dont know if the mail will deliver packages to the door. Our mail center is by the office outside the gates. I need to order some books and not all are available on kindle. Guess I just need to sort some things out. 

But the kitchen is so small, so very small. I was used to the big kitchen at the house and now its hard to find room to prep food. Yes, lots to get used to. 

So how are you feeling? Any better? Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

That sounds like a disaster, does this happen often?

This is EXTREMELY rare!  Springfield was on boil water, closed a whole section of town's restaurants because of it!  Basically both cities shut down and grocery stores shelves empty, many still w/o power, had to throw their food away. Those w/o oil or wood heat were very cold, had to stay with someone else.

Kodie is fine now.  Hopefully Melissa's cat still improving.

That's what I worry about if I ever move, I love my kitchen! Could get rid of two back bedrooms if I  could keep the rest of the house.  I think I could live in a one bedroom house.  

I'm glad you're settling in, I can't imagine the humongous task you took on with everything you have done!

I am fine, I spent all afternoon/evening picking up branches that had been buried in snow (still have some snow encased that I can't do until the snow melts completely), I can't count the number of wheelbarrows full I picked up and put on the burn pile!  It, unfortunately, raised my blood sugar as vigorous exercise does. 😡

Maybe now you can take it easy a bit. Glad that Kodie is ok, he's a tough lil guy.

We've had rain off and on for a week. I was thinking today isnt that how life is, i sell the house and now we get alot of rain. Just glad no snow. It got in the 60s today, crazy. 

I understand being happy with a small space. You only need so much and you're happy. I really dont use the living room here. Ive set up the bedroom as a home office with TV and computers and it works very well. The kitchen is very small compared to the house and the appliances arent as nice. But it works and I have no choice. Overall all as far as apts go this is really nice. Not expensive luxury apts but still nice. And relatively quiet. Somebody across the way makes stereo noise some times but I put my headphones on and im fine.

I would ask if the state helps the towns when they get an emergency but I figure there is so much need they really dont want to get too involved. It really pays to be prepared. I think the extreme cold is worse than the heat. 

My old neighbors have told me no one has moved into the house yet. But theyre having work done. According to my realtor theyre having wood floors put in and its getting painted. I could see having at least one shower retiled but dont know what else they could want done. Im betting they make good money to buy the house and have all that done. 

I miss the yard and ill miss growing in it. Even with all the struggles and failures in that yard I did bring it a longway. But it is what it is. And I have a balcony that i'll put some planters on and grow some tropical plants and by golly im growing pumpkins if it kills me, :)

When does your Spring start warming things up? In cant remember how it was in Chicago, just later than Texas I guess. 

I talked to my brother after his stuff arrived in good shape and he thanked me. But I somehow doubt we will talk much. My next step in the 'estate' will be to try and gather documents and go talk to the family taxman. From what i had read and been told I wont have to pay anything but do have to file some forms and documents. But then he can make sure we do it right.

I think i'm going to have a cup of hot tea. Trying to get one or two a day. Hope your weather co-operates and you get a week of peace and quiet. Take good care of yourself and stay warm.

• Like 1

We're in a hazardous hydrological outlook right now, poured buckets all day and will through tomorrow.  Iris left to take Jazzy somewhere and then she's off to Mexico for five weeks.  Kodie will be lost w/o his afternoon play dates.

Panther has spent five days/nights sleeping in his basket.  Still eating and drinking, greeting us.

Our pastor and his wife are leaving 2/11 for a new church.  The other treasurer quit, so we don't have one now.  First time ever.  People keep quitting!

Only had 13 1/2 carbs yesterday, ate carnivore, yet my BS was 113 this morning, but I think it's stress as I'd just discovered I'd left the faucet running a small stream last night...first time ever! You have to shut it off hard or it doesn't turn off.  Went out and checked the pump Tec & it didn't appeared tripped.  Water is a little clearer this morning so changed the pet's water bowls.

Snow coming Friday unless they bump it to sooner.  Hoping not a lot.

I bet you do miss your gardening!  If you grow a pumpkin on a balcony, I want to see a picture!

George had the green thumb, I tried to keep his garden alive, nope!  I need to plant some flowers on my balcony this year, beyond the one plant.  Time to get rid of the fake ones.  I used to love my flowers!

I did a pretty good job filling in the hole around the well head, just need a bucket of gravel to cover so not so muddy but don't want a whole truck for just that!  Still waiting to hear from them, haven't gotten the bill yet, they must be slammed!  Will likely be Spring before they come back and bury the line. and run it into the electrical/tank room.

Here the snow isn't gone until May.  It's always a long winter, our longest season.  People count Spring in March, nope, not here!  Six months.  I also prefer heat to cold, esp. now that I have an A/C, but I sure don't like the threat of fires/smoke.  Hoping this summer is better now that we've had so many wildfires already.

You must have a pretty big bedroom!  I use my bedroom for storage, don't sleep in there, sleep on the reclining loveseat, Kodie either next to me or on his own.

When we went to Bible Study there was a table full of stuff people could take so I brought back some tennis balls and a soft furry blanket and Kodie's eyes lit up!  He knew they were for him!  I put his new blanket on his loveseat and tossed the old throw, he loves it!

I'm so glad you have a balconey!  My daughter loves hers!  She has a lot of plants growing on it. And her kitties love it too.  So glad her Stella is getting well!

Take care of yourself and don't be too scarce!

My friend has been out of power 14 days and will be another 10, seems cruel to make him wait that long because he's rural, scares me if we lose power, we not only lose water but all our food, connection with the world.