Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

Fire over 9,000 acres night before last, they haven't given any updates today, air quality right now 187, 214 yesterday, usually it goes down at night, not any more I guess.

Took Kodie to church with me, when I was on the platform, he came with me, he was good and laid down.  Took him to the park afterwards to walk a short while.  My foot is not good, going to try to get a doctor's appt.

We aren't allowed to mow in the summer, a spark from a mower could ignite the grass, ha, isn't that a laugh!

Raccoons here are huge and vicious, don't feel wild animals, sure don't want to get them going. I had one come through my 40 ft. ramp and up onto my patio, eating my cat's food, they wash their hands in the water, turns it black. You don't want to take one on, but I'll mess with the patio lights, make noise, try to scare them off, that was a few years ago when Kitty was alive.  Saw a deer bounding through the woods on our way out on a walk yesterday.  They are easily spooked but I welcome them as they eat the grass.

Panther's ear is healed.

How are you feeling?

Wow, they let that fire get way out of control. Crazy. hoping they can get that back but seems at this point thats not any time soon. Do you think they understand that if they catch it early it will save so much time and resources?

Went to take the folks jewelry to their jewelers and they closed. Mr Deed started it in 1960 and it lasted 63 years. i wonder if he passed or he just retired and closed it. I have leads on a couple other places so will try and go tomorrow. I really do hate doing this. just walking in cold with a box of jewelry.

I see little hope for selling the records but will keep trying. Researched a couple antique sellers. one turned out having horrible horrible reviews. One the bids start t a dollar. Each 'lot' they get $300 or 30% whichever is greater. So you may be selling a $1000desk and it goes for $100. You still owe them $200 and you get nothing...I'll pass.

I'll give it August to sell things and then find an estate sale company regradless, im almost out fo time.

I havent slept well for a long time. partly because its hot in here and partly because of my shoulders. Si now i turn down my thermostat 2 degress before bed. i think it helps. 

Found out today one of my dad's close friends has liver cancer and theyve given him 7 months to live. last time I saw him was over two years ago and he was so healthy and strong. A mutual friend says his faith in God is very strong and he is not afraid. I envy him his faith and strength.

Got a letter from my GI doctor that its time for him to do an ultrasound. My PCP had wanted one to check the sludge in my gall bladder in june before she took her promotion...but my GI doctor had never mentioned it. When i mentioned my PCPs thought that my elevated liver enzymes were the sludge he ignored it. So I dont think he gets the chance to do an ultrasound for something he ignored. besides which if something is wrong im not doing anything about it. Im in estate and house sale mode and keeping my stress under control mode. 

have youbeen to the docs yet? is your foot swollen? tried ice? Im guessing too hot for a heating pad. i think its ice for two days then heat to increase circulation and get the swelling down. You could soak in epson salts.

Kodie is just so well behaved. Itslike he really understands the setting he is in and whats needed.

I have an electric mower. its so much lighter than the old gas one. I doubt I could push it. But this electric one is a breeze. Just have to make sure i dont run over the cord.

I think its odd some states like Cali want to ban gasburning things and use electric. but wher do they think the electricitycomes from. A plant that burns fossil fuels. I doubt that still they arent doing serious research for a replacement, I hope im wrong.

TV makes raccoons look cute and friendly. I dont mess with animals, period. I have yet to see one but from the size of the feces in my yard if its the rats they got huge. Could be a possum. But the neighbor says raccoons. Hope i dont find out. I wont remove the birdbath, i want the birds to have water.

The two owls still come from time to time. They dont scare real easy either, they just stare. Like they know no other bird can beat em. I dont see a cat doing it either.

Seeing a deer would be neat. Cant remember if ive ever seen one in the wild. We miss so much living in the city. I would say id love to liv e on the outskirts of town but i wont have many choices im afraid. 

I have slept a bit better the past 2 nights. i am so lazy now. i need to be working out and doing things every day, but i'm the king of excuses. Will see what tomorrow brings.

attached a few AI artworks, its fun when i have time to play. A professional prompt writer makes 6 figures. but then again I think it requires a formal education. Oh well.

Take good care of yourself and kodie and panther. hope the fires get smaller and your foot feels better.

cat12.jpg

tree27.jpg

OIG.jpg

• Like 1

It's been growing about 1,000 acres/day. Air quality 200s. Masking up again.

I injured my foot 12 days ago, two days later I couldn't walk. Iris took one look at the pain in my eyes, made me lay down and elevate my foot, put on her compression sock and ice pack. After an hour she drove us home. Ordered compression socks on Amazon, got a piece of crap. Started a return. Found a pair that's silver infused, $31.75 at WM but it had no way to let them know which size. Called, they were as puzzled as I was!  Found the same ones on Amazon, $20, on sale for $14.99, got it with bonus points off, they are amazing!  Had doctor appt. Wed. got nurse practitioner I'd never heard of, she was HORRIBLE!  Cryptic, wouldn't listen. Asked does it hurt here? No. Here? No. Here? No. I showed her the side of my foot (sometimes it's elsewhere). She had her preconceived diagnoses all made up: broken toe. Said I'd need x-rays and a boot (cast), sent me to an urgent care out of town. I went home and got Kodie, took him with me. They listened. They x-rayed, no breaks.  No toe involvement, I knew that, besides, this idiot didn't realize they don't treat broken toes (my toe never hurt, I've had three broken toes, I should know). All that woman did was get my BP up! 210/110. No one did anything for my BP! Came home and did my own research, seems it may be Peroneus Brevis Tendon, I believe it's pulled, not torn as I told the nurse prac. it's improving and I'm able to do my full walk with Kodie now, still elevating/icing/compression socks.  Getting my BP down through breathing/meditation this morning 140/79 Pulse 69.  Way better, will keep working on it,. it'll get down.

I am so sorry about your friend's dad!  The world's loss will be his gain though...I think how lucky my George was, the world has changed into something he wouldn't have liked, from AI's instead of receptionists, customer service going to hell in a handbag, the choice we get to vote for in elections, and the pandemic, climate change, insane laws they're passing (psychedelic mushrooms, etc.) sometimes I shake my head and don't recognize this world.  My own place getting desecrated with tree mandatorily cut down.  No, I think he's lucky for escaping all this!  

I'm sorry your shoulder is still bothering you!  The only time mine is (from fall in April) is if I have to raise my left arm. and it's getting lessor all the time.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

Do you think they understand that if they catch it early it will save so much time and resources?

The ones in charge LET them get out of control so they can MILK the resources! Too bad it's the rest of us that suffer for it with ruined summers, breathing horrid smoke, and threats of loss of homes, not to mention what it does to all of the animals.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

When i mentioned my PCPs thought that my elevated liver enzymes were the sludge he ignored it.

It could bring you to a screeching halt no matter what you have going on, mine did, hence surgery two days before Christmas 2014. No one to help take care of me.  That was when I nearly died on the operating table, they didn't get my weight as I'd told them to and hence over-anesthetized me. The surgeon had me cut open when my heart stopped and the nurse had to give thrusts to the chest, blood going everywhere! In recovery, my heart kept stopping, same nurse lied to me and told me it'd been uneventful. After I got home from the hospital I saw the bruising and knew what it meant...she called me and I gave her hell for lying to me about it!  I had an NDE in recovery, I was out of body, there was a tunnel toward a light, it felt peaceful...I felt drawn to it, but Arlie, Miss Mocha, and Kitty were waiting for Mommy to come home and take care of them, so I chose to stay.  

I had one other NDE when I donated blood and my kids were little, I was in my 30s then, she said my BP was borderline, then proceeded to take my blood....they lost me.  I was up above, watching them work on my body...everyone looked fear stricken, my kids were white and terrified...I thought, I can't leave their dad to raise them alone!  That's when I went back into my body and everyone was relieved.

I don't regret my choices to stay, our feelings for our kids/pets are pretty strong, wanting what is best for them over ourselves.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, after I got out of urgent care, Kodie turned to me in the car and covered me in kisses!  He knew II needed them!

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Just have to make sure i dont run over the cord.

Yep, like me and my snow blower!  I ruined the power cord two days into operating it, now I have to be constantly aware of where it is!

I ran into a huge raccoon that came up my 40 ft. ramp/rails onto my patio, he was mean and vicious!   I went to the patio door and made myself look big and growled at him and flickered the porch lights at him.  He started to put up a fight but ran off.  He'd washed his hands in Kitty's water bowl, it was black!  A year ago I had raccoons living above my carport/water tank room!  I saw his tracks in the snow, and he tore up my insulation.  Couldn't get anyone interested in sealing it off. He didn't come back last winter.

Still having issues with yellowjackets although I've trapped/killed a lot of them.  Some in the carport now that their nesting place is sealed off to them.

CA is nuts and OR does whatever they do. Eugene banned gas stoves, there was such an outcry, they repealed it. This is what I mean, the world has gone nuts!

I like owls, bats too.

We had deer in our yard just a couple of days ago.

Did you create those paintings?  That's amazing!  Wow, impressed.

Take care of yourself....I know you're in estate mode but I worry about you!

I think tbh if I pursued my health concerns I would get so anxious and worried i would be useless, stack that on top of estate anxiety and worried about finding a place torent. my realtor already warned me that with no job, even tho I just got a huge sum of cash from selling the house, it will be hard to rent a house.

Brother suggests buying acondo. he's worthless in this. The goal is to not have equity tied up in a home, its no good. Theres no one to leave it to and i may need the cash. Im sure I will cause no one is going to hire me.

Glad your foot is better. Thats why I dont like seeing a nurse practitioner. Thats about all i can see at the place i go to. Hoping your foot gets back to normal tho thinking it will take some time. Why does it seem that as we get older things get hurt more?

I agree, this world had gone all to hell. The old rock solid values arent valued anymore. People reap what they sow, companies too. And they have no clue.

Your NDEs are chilling. And you were calm during those... I'm glad you stayed. I think you've had a good influence on many lives. I kind of see my purpose in life as taking care of myfolks. And now as settling the estate. After that i dont think i have a purpose. I guess if I make it that far i'll find out.

Kodie never ceases to amaze me with his connection to you. I think he is an angel in disguise.

I heard something this morning, either in the attic or running across the roof. I thought of a raccoon but I figured theyd only come out at night. I doubt any animal would want to be in that attic in summer.

Do you have a couple cans of the wasp foam spray? Im a bad shot but when Ihit its all over. I found also they dont like making a nest on new paint. not suggesting you repaint anything though. 

Estate-finding out those 441 78s records are about worthless. They have alot of big band, crooners and types of music no one buys. Also finding out same for DVD movies. Checked a couple sites online and movies offering under 50 cents a piece. Checked a couple books as well and the ones they would buy they paid 35 cents. So not worrying about those. There is a store left that buys movies so I will call and see if theyre interested. And need to call one big bookstore downtown to see if they want to come look at dads library and buy his books. What dad had of all these is not popular and doesnt sell. There might be a couple collector items in there but not worth my time to price hundreds of items. I feel defeated.

But I have a list of5 jewelry stores to get the jewelry evaluated and try and sell as much as I can. IF that wors i'll be happy.

Cali is indeed crazy. Natural gas is cheaper and burns so much cleaner. Its just all about control. They get these dumb ideas bsed on their politics and it has no relation to reality. If you cant use nat gas, or wood, or petrol then how do you cook? how do you run things. Electricity? How do they generate all that electricity. Theyre just crazy stupid.

Tonight I only saw one owl at the water, I hope nothing happened to the other one. That would be so cool to have deer. I would want to set up a camera and watch em. I dont think we get bats though. That would be creepy. The buzzard or vulture was ugly enough.

The paintings i created in AI. basically I write a description that tells the software what to make. then i tweak my description until I get something I like. Ive been wanting to sketch and paint again but am worried i wont have enough time to get good enough to enjoy it. maybe this AI stuff will allow me to enjoy it sooner.

Well, I think I'll load the tub with ice and soak. Its being mid 100s all week and for the next two weeks probably. not anywhere near our hottest but still pretty hot. The el nino came in and theres a high front over texas...lucky us. I'm ready for Fall and to get my business settled. 

Hope your foot is better and you get a quiet week. Take good care.

• Like 1

There is a new fire 1 1/2 miles away, 40 acres 4pm yesterday, no one told us. No idea how big today. Frightening! Waiting for evacuation level 1 to pack. God, this is what I dread.

Foot is improving VERY SLOWLY!  This will take some time.

You have purpose, it's all about finding out what it is.  It took me years to find mine.

As much as this place is aging I don't want to lose it, it's my sanctuary, my respite from the world.  We all need one.

I have the same electric stove as I've had for 46 years, no elements have ever gone out in it. My son has a gas stove.  I learned to cook on one. It was hard going from that to electric, haven't had one since.

I drive 50 miles away to get groceries and get gas, how am I supposed to charge up a vehicle with no charging stations! They're nuts,  Not to mention the cost of the car and the batteries.  They need to grandfather them in, not mandate, maybe by that time they'd have all the kinks worked out and charging stations, although I'll be danged if I want to sit at a charging station with a car full of groceries getting warm and my service dog!  The goal is to get home and unload them asap!

Bats are actually cute, have you ever seen their little face looking at you through the windshield at night? I wish we had more of them, maybe I don't get out at night enough. I have an owl that comes here and visits in the same place every year.

I had a lot more deer when my apple trees were alive, they loved them!  But they still like to come and graze on my grass in the back yard.  So beautiful!  Did I ever tell you I was born on a deer hunting trip? Two months early, hence Oct. 7.

At evacuation level 1, my son  helped me with CalTopo, 2 miles from my  road.  Iris already left

Spent the day Monday updating my laptop (hadn't turned it on since the last evacuation in the fall) and might I add how much I hate Microsoft and McAffee!  I uninstalled McAffee (thought I did that last fall!) but am told it'll be back. :angry:  Not using it!  Hadsome issues updating the laptop as when I transferred my E files to the C drive, E kept popping up even after disconnected, very confusing!  I didn't know if the files transferred in reverse!  Ended up backing up my regular computer to the E drive again, and trying , but oh God it made it hard!  I NEVER have this issue with my regular computer. (Going for world's record with Windows 7!)  I love Windows 7, Microsoft is just too invasive. Constantly infiltrating your computer with crap and bugging you. Makes me want an anti-Microsoft for my computer!  I know, it's called Linux!  I used to have that and liked it too. Have to pay a ridiculous amount to reup Office 365. I bought Office 2010, installed it and no problems since, no additional fees, all these years.

Salmon fire 100 acres yesterday morning, nine helicopters, 100+firefighters, four crews. Steep rugged terrain.  Tinder dry and hot to feed on. Two miles from my road.

How are you doing, hows the fire, did you have to bug out? Praying it dies down and things get managable. Ive noticed it too, I now heal very very slowly. I guess the important thing is you're healing. just be careful and not tweak it again. thats been one of my tricks. 

hows Kodie with the air with the fires close. Does he seem to notice at all? 

I took all the jewelry to a jeweler by my grocery store and I may have gotten very very lucky. Initially a lady sorted it all into fine jewelry and costume stuff, most was costume stuff. But there are five pieces that are very good. one I knew from the old Ins appraisal sheet and another as well though less nice. The other three are either aquamarine or topaz. I was initially interested in selling them to him even tho I wouldnt et much because much of it they just buy for the stone. But he liked the rings and said they would sell them in the store and wouldnt break them up fo the stones unless I asked them. So we have probably/hopefully 2-3 months to see if they will sell. And if they do sell will probably be worth what we will make on the estate sale, im guessing. The owner is a very nice man and I trust him. And I did take pictures of them before I went back to the jewelers. 

I no longer worry about a buyer for the old 78s, no one wants them. Might have one place to buy the DVD movies but not holding my breath. Might have a bookstore that could buy Dads library but breath not being held. And now a list of 7 or 8 estate sale companies. And one of them was recommended by a lady at the jewelers. 

I took the Ins book and found what furniture I could and tagged them with the prices. I figure my best sale on each might be 64% of that old Ins price. I keep reading prices have gone down and no one wants antiques. 

Meanwhile it was 108...again. 

Hate Microsoft myself. Every time I update Windows it takes all day and stalls a few times. Always hold my breath. it always tries to dowload files during a time when it shouldnt. I think they just make it worse and worse. Im pretty sure theyd love to make it where we have no control at all and they control everything.

I had always considered my purpose was my artwork and telling stories but thats prettymuch left me now. So I just dont know. I'll need a fulltime job making $20/hr to survive and after that we shall see. Ever since surgery I have trouble concentrating, reading, forming complex ideas. I need to just work on it and see if it will fix.

Their suggestion of elec cars is a big joke. they need something to tell people. itsnot really doable in any way at this point and all the points you bring up are very good. plus the terrible things it does to the encironment to mine lithium etc. the batteries are very expensive and wear down easily. just read an article that said EV batteries can lose up to a third of its charge in 100+ temps. Really wouldnt want to be stranded in Texas in 100+. Just like their idea of wind power. As they have done it it isnt feasible and wont solve the problem. Why havent they engineered a cleaner more efficient fuel and engine. The real problems they dont even work on. 

You were born on a deer hunting trip? Must have been a good sign. Bet that makes a good story. I cant remember ever seeing a bat in person. Just at a distance when we went to New Mexico and toured a cavern. At nightfall theyd al wake up and rush out into the dark night. Ive seen too many vampire movies I think lol.

That would be very cool to have deer in the yard to watch. Mom always loved watching her birds and squirrels. She would be tickled pink at a deer family. I understand how you feel about your house. its home, and safe and you can relax and just be yourself. Its cozy. As much as i dont want to keep this house in a way i do, because its home and I know that by and large no one will mess with me here. Once I leave I'll have close neighbors and a landlord and i could get tossed at any time for any reason. Here i have a safe space and no one is even close to me. its completely quiet and safe. Though I found out that people cruise the neighborhoods and look for things to steal. So i no longer go nextdoor and leave my garage door open.

I love owls, they seem to be about the most relaxed animal ive ever seen. They just look at me like theyre asking "Can we help you?'. 

I hope the fires have shifted away and died down and that you're safe. be carful and take good care.

• Like 1

Today on we are getting East winds, that is, coming from Salmon Fire towards us.  NOT GOOD! Worried it'll jump the line and it will be all over for us.  None of the rangers have addressed that.  I'm extremely nervous. Haven't gotten today's report yet of what they accomplished yesterday.    I'm sure people on the other side of Bedrock Fire are nervous too.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page about everything...Microsoft being invasive, electric cars, you name it.  We'll be in 100s this week, won't help the fires any, I feel sorry for the firefighters.

Couldn't open the windows last night, too much smoke, so A/C 24/7, that'll cost, but it's what needs to be right now.

I knew someone who made bat houses, wish I'd bought a couple. Haven't seen him since Covid.  If I ever see/hear from him again, I will, if he still makes them.

Congrats on the jewelry store!  Sounds like just the place to take them.  Yeah, I think I sold 78s at 16/$1 at a garage sale, they just weren't going.  Books, they go for nothing too, usually donate.  I have a ton to get rid of now and nowhere it town is taking anything since Covid. Seems that's always the excuse.  So guess it'll save for an estate sale someday..

Not as fond of squirrels as cute as they are, after their hitting Arlie and I in the head with green cones from 50 ft. up a tree! ...and laughing about it afterwards.  They're mean little suckers!  And Ornery!

Do your art work for YOU! 

I forget how old you are but you might want to take your portion of the sale of house to buy a small place and retire, just saying, it gets harder the older we get to keep working.  And fulltime?  That's be tough.  I have a paralegal friend who plans to work until 70 but she's done this all her life and kept at it, in good health...darn injuries kept getting me in my old age!  But I know my mind isn't what it was when I was younger.  Seems I have my hands full keeping up the place and taking care of Kodie and I and Panther!

Take care, my friend.

Praying you folks dont get the fires your way. If I dont hear from ya for awhile I know you bugged out.

I set my laptop to not update for a week. Seems it hit an error at 11:19 but kept trying to update. It 'should' stop trying when it hits an error. Their process defies logic. It tries to update Windows during my busy hours when it shouldnt. It does anyway and is unusable. So I stop and rebooted to get it done. That was over an hour ago and at first it wouldnt restart and now its trying but cant get booted. It 'should' be that during bootup nothing related to updates is going on, because it makes it so sloooow. But nope, its running update stuff while trying to reboot.  And then it gets stuck on a black screen and no idea if its working or it died. Extremely poorly done. At the moment am looking at buying a new laptop, which I can afford but dont need to be spending money right now. 

I'm 65 and on SS. Money from the estate and house sale will mean I dont starve or live on the street for a few years at least. But working means I can save that money til my later years when I cant work. My brother just assumesI can get a well paid job. He's an idiot. Just one reason why I dont trust him. His expectations are ridiculous. But one thing at a time.

Can you use big bird houses for bats? Or do they need to be able to hang/perch? upside down. 

You have evil squirrels lol. We get squirrels, lizards, rats, neighbor says raccoons, owls, hawks, dove, chickadee, wren, cardinals, bluejays...although the birds less often since I no longer leave food out. 

From the sound of things I think you do well keeping up with things. It would keep anyone of any age busy. I just hope the fires will subside and you can get some peace and quiet.  Take good care.

• Like 1

Air was 227 yesterday, it's still too high to open the windows, so A/C all night.  

I took Kodie to the Park and Block Party at the church, we had hot dogs and sauerkraut and cheese.  Rescued Jazzy last night, I hated having them outside in the smoke but they played hard and had fun.  Didn't see Panther when I fed him last night.

How do you set the computer to update later? Mine wants to do it all when it wants to!  I wish they'd to it in the middle of the night. Invariably they'll ask you a question and wait for an answer though.  Very annoying! It'd be nice if you could schedule it to try in a few hours.

I haven't seen a bat using a bird house but not sure of what the differences are.

Prayig the fires die down and move away. Seeing enough of this on the news in Europe. 

Block Party sounds fun. I bet Kodie loves hot dogs. used to do dogs and bratwurst on the grill when I had an apt. I BBQ'd a couple times for dad but it wasnt very good. lost my touch I guess.

Waiting for the guy with the jewelry store to call me back and let me know what he found out and what he was pricing them for. my anxiety says he will steal the rings but its just my anxiety.

Windows...if you Right click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner...click on 'search'...at the bottom you can type in 'windows update' and hit enter. or it may already be listed on the left side. That will open a menu where you can check for updates, can pause updates for 7 days, can set the hours you are active so it wont try and update then. But mine does what it wants when it wants. I do pause it though and that works well. Im afraid next time it reboots that will be it.

Have to feel sorry for the wildlife. Their habitat is getting burned or at least all smoky. I wonder if it drives animals like wolves into peoples neighborhoods. For all they supposedly care about animals and endangered species you'd think theyd do a better job with the forest.

Hope Panther is ok, he's probably not very happy so holed up somewhere. 

We were in the 90s for to days...cold front. now back to the mid 100s, this has to cool off sometime.

You folks take good care and hope life gets calm and the smoke goes away. take care

• Like 1

Monday our air quality was 780, that's off the charts, it was 552 yesterday.  They're calling for T&L tomorrow and tomorrow night, that's what started all these fires!  God, no!!!

So many level 3 evacuations. Monday night at 11, I got woke up with an alert on my cellphone LEVEL 3 GO NOW! DO NOT TAKE THINGS, GO!!! Then it went on to say where (26 miles from here) but my adrenaline had already kicked in, I never got back to sleep.

Hopefully its moving away. Sounds like they have no clue what theyre doing. What is T&L?

You folks need a good rain. We need a good rain, its 110 now, broke recordsI think. Power corp put out an alert to conserve, can only do so much. I may put ice cubes in the tub and soak. 

T&L: Thunder & Lightning
I don't know if it did yesterday morning but they took that prediction away afterwards!  PTL!

My daughter told me yesterday it was 100 in her apt w/the A/C going...heat rises and she's on the fourth floor, can't open windows, too much smoke. It was 107 here Monday!  It's been hot all week. A/C is okay for the room it's in but doesn't spread to the rest of the house.  I'm in the same boat only I sleep in the room where the A/C is and swelter the rest of the day.
Just found out the evacuation was lifted here, no notification.  Had to hunt and hunt to verify.

Going to take care of my grandkids Tues-Thurs.  Iris getting back Monday so hoping the dogs can play Mon. pm.  Hoping Murray and Kodie get along okay. Murray is sweet and cute, but can be a bit much, as big as he is, he's still very much a puppy!  He'll calm down in a few years (I hope)  Poor Bruno is getting old.  So beautiful.

We went to Bible Study yesterday afternoon, they had a bdy party Cindy, no one told me...must have planned it at VBS, I haven't missed church or Bible Study. They can't put it in their text chain as Cindy is in it.  :( I let her know on her FB thank you.

It's been hot here all week, what a heat spell! Finally cooling down to 80s.  
So today I'm unpacking my stuff, yay!  Will repack when I go to my kids.

I hope your bathtub full of ice cubes does the trick!  I've been icing/elevating/compressing my foot but haven't tried it on the rest of me! :D

How are the fires? calming down? We will be 100+ every day for the next ten except one day we only get to 94...cold front I guess.

Crazy day. I do have a guy from a big bookstore coming to see if they want to buy Dad's books.

The crazy estate sale guy texted me again, I promised to swear out a complaint on him and he apologized saying he has issues but does good work. His behaviur is classic narcissist, I just ignore him. 

Called the estate sale company first on my new list, and was the same one the lady didnt call me back. She was very nice, we got along, then she had to take a call and never called me back. After an hour I called her back and she apologized etc and is coming by Thursday to see the house. I hope she does a much better job on the sale. 

havent heard from the jewelers so will call tomorrow. He needs to price the rings and the asst mgr draw up a contract for me to sign so my rings can go in the case and hopefully sell. I dont think it will, is too expensive, but I can hope. 

This heat is crazy enough here but there is just insane. At least you can stay cool, 100 inside is just unhealthy. I hope they can do something. Im wondering if and when this turns into Fall and if it be a terribly cold winter. We need some rain.

Grandkids sounds fun, maybe the dogs will just relax and chill. Bday party sounds good too. I only know my brothers and his wifes and thats all i worry about I guess. My best friend here in Texas got rid of his mailbox so he doesnt get mail i guess. Someone ran it over and he decided not to give the idiot another one to shoot for. Lol

That crazy guy texted me a long idea to sell the furniture. I told him yet again to never contact me or id swear out a complaint, he then apologized and said he has issues but he does good work. he's a narcissist and he's playing his game. But no takers and no sympathy here.

Im getting up super early tomorrow to water the grass and see if the bookstore guy stops by and my realtor walks her dog with a friend and comes down our street. Shes two over I think. Very nice lady. Her husband is a retired fire fighter. 

I tried a science project. Had some old sweet taters tat were prowing air roots. So i placed em in a dishpan of water and left em in the shade outside. theyre growing like crazy. I'll plant em in the shade once it cools off. most of whats in shade and partial shade are fine in this heat, But what gets direct sun is dieing off. I'll do what I can for the lawn but not going broke on water.

Hoping things stay calm and cool off. Scratch kodie behind the ears for me. Take good care.

• Like 1

Can you block that guy on your phone?  You've been busy!  Evacuation  were lowered, and the air was good yesterday (both places) I hope it continues.

So my granddaughter told me her parents said I was making up excuses not to come!  I was so mad!  Excuses?  Evacuation level 1, fires on both sides, and air quality through the roof!  Meteorologists saying Hurricane Hilary would hit my area today, flooding, high winds.  Yeah, excuses. 

I arrived early, had to drive around a bit to find it,  My son worked from home and then went to the office after seeing me in.

We stayed up late (for me), went to a park, picked blackberries, watched an show about moose.  The kids and I played a board game in the afternoon and took the dogs out.  I fixed some cheeseburgers and my homemade soup for dinner and brought mug cakes for Paul and I while the kids had ice cream.  It was a lot of fun.

That sounds like a good time. We used to have blackberry bushes when I was a kid outside chicago. I really dont get people, ever. How can they say that after all you do for everyone. Well, if its worth anything I appreciate what you do for the people in your life and I appreciate these little conversations. 

So the hurricane is supposed to bring a good rain? Will it then help with all the fires? Or will the winds make it worse? I wish the hurricane would send a low front our way. I have to find a video on youtube to remember what rain looks like.

Jeweller is supposed to price my rings and put them in the case and i need to sign a contract. He's done nothing. He is very nice and very good, but very busy and i think he's overextended. I will bug him next week and if he still hasnt done will ask him when he plans on doing it. I think 2 weeks is enough time.

The lady who was coming over tomorrow to interview to do the estate sale. Recommended by two friends. Her kid texted me from her phone saying Mom couldnt do any appts this week so lets try next week. Family issues. So will keep looking and call her next week. I got hopeful there for a day. Bad of me because nothing is ever easy nor turns out like I think it will. 

Lol, I thought the bookstore guy was coming this morning but apparently hes coming after work tonight. I woke up early for nothing. Well, lets hope I can sell the books. I just rid of something and as a bonus to pay me back for some expenses. I'll beliee it when I see it.

Mug cakes and ice cream. That sounds really good. That's the stuff of life. 

I think I'll make some coffee and start looking for another estate sale company.

You folks take good care

• Like 1

Hurricane dissipated just like my son and George said w/o reaching my place.  Getting T&L tonight/tomorrow, praying no new fires! One started a mile from my son's job so it took him an hour to get on the freeway to come home.  I got his message after he got home because I was busy cooking. Made a shrimp side dish and a sausage/egg/cheese casserole, both a hit.  Bethany volunteered their van to some friends and it's not running, so Paul had to get the car running that was on the lift so he could put the van on it and get it running, couldn't start until 9 pm, no idea what time he got done, he has to be at work early today to give his presentation to some big wigs flying in at work.  Poor guy!

15 hours ago, Tachi said:

I have to find a video on youtube to remember what rain looks like.

LOL! Me too!

I want to be home, smoke or not smoke.  Kodie and Murray are getting along well, playing.  At least Murray doesn't pick him up by the neck and leave scabs all over him!  (Jazzy does)  Can't wait to see Panther, hope he's okay.

Bethany coming home this afternoon sometime, I won't get home until late if I get groceries & gas...
She leaves me to carry everything out to the car, doesn't talk to me.  Ugh...
The kids were fun.  

It sure doesn't sound like anything goes as they say it will with estates.  Still no word from the CPAs or lawyer on my sister's.

DIL was very late getting back (her last activity was lunch, I didn't get to leave until 4:30, got home and groceries put away at 10 pm amidst quite a T&L storm! Scary, hope it didn't start  any more fires, will look on Cal Topo...

Bethany is a trip. Sounds very unappreciative.

I hope it all works out and you can get some rest.Kodie sure is a wonderful disposition to behave in all this. 

I think T and L and think rain. That would stink to worry about a fire starting. I hope somebody got rain out of that. We get a break next week, 4 days high in the 90s, then back to lower 100s. It should be easing off in Sept so now I'm kinda wondering.

When i got home from the jewelers tuesday (?) one of their ladies called and asked me to check wit him end of week. So 4pm today i did, hes at lunch and will call me back. he didnt so after an hour I call him back. Hes very busy but the lady asks him, he says he is coming in this weekend to do my rings and talk to him next week. I'll give him wednesday and i'll go in and I'll believe theyre ready when i see it. he is very good and very nice guy, but they are seriously overwhelmed and cant communicate with themselves let alone me. He needs someone to keep it organized. An Offive Mgr.

Wow, she really milked her time. Glad you made it home ok. Worst thing I faced here today was a big wasps' nest on my patio, the spray foam ended that lil housing prospect though. 

So did the fires near you dissipate or are they still going?

I seriously wonder about professionals. Can it be that difficult or are they waiting on the courts. The courts got seriously behind during covid and cant seem to catch up. 

The bookstore guy was nice. Took most of the books and a little bit more than I wanted. That almost pays me back for expenses on the house. But no big deal because it'll be spent on the next round of water and elec and just about cover it. Water bil is through the roof and im about to abandon some small trees. killing my bill to try and keep things alive. 

But if the jeweler can get the rings in his case next week at least theres a chance they sell. Then I need to find an estate sale company...and I'll have some hope.

Hope things go better out there. Remember peace and quiet? Take care.

• Like 1

Fires will burn into October when the rains start. The tiny bit of rain we got didn't really help, we need serious rains day after day to get any help. More fires started, on steep terrain, they have a shortage of help.  Oregon is in dire shape right now with everything tinder dry, smoke everywhere, esp. here but even Eugene has it.

The courts gott seriously behind because they weren't working! What if gas stations and grocery stores did what they did and just quit coming to work?  You can't call eBay any more and get any help, it's horrid, never used to be that way. Hire someone from the Philippines if you must, but HIRE someone!

Wow, I can't believe the trouble you're having at jewelers and just everywhere!  USA has changed. Everyone blames the pandemic, no, nothing to do witth the pandemic, it's people not doing their job like they used to.  No customer service, too much AI answering the phone, it's nuts.

Thank you for the link, will listen to today! :)

Talked to a lady at jewelers today. She says he has the rings ready to go just needs to price them and I need to sign some papers. Will run over there tomorrow or wednesday and hope we can get them in the case. 

I was laughing because was so happy to sell the books and paid myself back for most of my expenses. Then saw what the elec and water bills will be and there it goes. never knew this before but when its over 100 degrees the earth gets dry around the house and shrinks and the foundation can crack So im supposed to use a driphose around the perimeter to keep moisture in the soil. they say ten minutes a day. Sigh

You're right, there is no customer service anymore. I think they learned that they dont have to. there are no repercussions. We are seeing a 'dumbing down' of the society. Its become a society of the people exist to give companies money instead of companies existing to service the people and compete for their dollar. 

There have been several times I thought I had found a great place online to sell the silver or whatever. then i google to find reviews and its just horrible. Unless i really stumble across something I think it all goes into the estate sale. But if those rings sell in the next month or two all will be well. i just dont think they will.

Summer is slowly closing. Four days normal temps and mid 70s at night, then highs of 101 or 100 and lows in the mid 70s. So we 'should' ease into Fall. Kinda afraid of what Winter will be.

IF they could make the weather they need to make some rain to end the fires. I have a strong suspicion with the sheer number and intensity and supposedly a large number of them in the west sprang up the same time...that people are setting them. Insane.

Here's hoping the next few days for you folks is sane and the air clears up. Poor kodie and Panther, they probably hate that smoke. Did Panther show up? Was he hiding?

Take good care of yourself.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

But if those rings sell in the next month or two all will be well.

Praying they will. I don't know why they wouldn't!

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

Its become a society of the people exist to give companies money instead of companies existing to service the people and compete for their dollar. 

Unfortunately...well stated.  It's sad. I'm glad our parents aren't here to see this, or my sister.

No the fires are from lightning.  At least the ones here in the forest are.  It's been a horrid August, evacuations/fires/threats/smoke, it really been awful.  

Our weather turning today, yay! This is where I live (lat/long):
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.80009302166679&lon=-122.41395950317383&site=pqr&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en#.WdkTzMiGOM8

Finally cooler temperatures and maybe some wet stuff! :D  I sure hope so. Our firefighters are all tapped out.  And they took away the T&L prediction, yay!

Yes, Panther showed up within hours. Have been fighting off Blue Jays, think I finally have them licked, putting his food in at night so as not to attract skunks and wayward cats.  He can barely squeak from the smoke, but this morning the air looks better, finally!  Hope he can begin to heal.

Sounds like things are turning for the better. We are going into a bit cooler temps. Can always tell because night lows are in the mid or upper 70s. I'm a low income person and have been all my life. I'm just me but would be considered low class to anyone with money. I cant imagine someone buying the rings, one was valued at over 4k and the other at close to 28k. Altho the better one he said is overpriced. I cant imagine anyone buying those, but he says they are gorgeous. I wish I knew the history of them betond that my Great Aunt passed them down to Mom to give to us. My entire life I've taken so much for granted and now I wish I could talk to my extended family again. 

I agree, glad my folks arent here to see whats going on. besides, Dad suffered with dementia and parkinsons and life was hell. I could have made it better had I undrstood better. Mom hid her dementia well. I knew she was childlike but never really understood. How i wish i could do it all over and do it right. But there is only one chance for things in life and you have to live with your choices. 

Glad Panther is ok. He is a survivor. He probably needs a bath but good luck there.

Was polishing some silver tonight. No idea yet if its worth a thing. But then I only know of taking it to the gold/silver exchange and getting paid for the metal. 

need to call the estate sale lady again or I could try calling one of the owners and see if they'll do it or just start calling my list. I'm so tired of these people. they act like they're doing me a favor. You ever get that impression?

Enjoy the better weather. Send a cold front this way. take good care.