Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

V8 has too many carbs for me (10/serving) I stay under 20 altogether for a day to control my diabetes.

I went to the dermatologist yesterday for skin cancer check, she found something, sprayed it, said to come back in a month for biopsy if not gone...then it'll be another month before removal, that puts me into snow time, very annoying as I may or may not be able to drive there. They never think of things like that, will call for appt ahead of time if possible.  I prefer them to just do the biopsy and we're time ahead.  I've had so many...

Kodie went with me and he was so good but I had a scare, I went to Costco (NOT a place to go with a small service dog!) People are crazy and one hurt his paw with their cart!  Not seriously but enough to make him yelp and pull away from carts including mine.  Can't have him that far away.  I was all the way in the next town when I discovered I'd left his leash in Costco's cart!  Called five times before getting someone who gave a rip, nothing had been turned in, got back to Costco and he did a search of the carts in the parking lot returns and found it!  Cost me 1 1/2 hours, ordered a spare online last night.  With my 16 hand injuries and loss of strength and continual pain and numbness, I can't use a regular leash and need the waist one to walk him.  Went back to Winco and got groceries and went the back way home, the highway was crazy so wanted to avoid as much of it as possible.

Unloaded groceries and went to Iris (she left yesterday morning, will be gone 23 days, driving across the country) to do her dishes and clean out her refrigerator, garbage man just came the day before!  Not sure why she didn't do it but it was her bdy and she had plans.  Have to go back today and clean out the vegetable bins, I was so tired last night I forgot.

I am amazed at Panther, continuing to heal but it doesn't seem a problem anymore.  He didn't sleep in his basket last night, so not sure where he is, maybe the top of the carport?  Who knows.  Kodie chased off a skunk again yesterday morning (from inside the house, skunk was outside) he put up such a storm at the patio door next to Panther's food,  I'd run off too!  Skunk hasn't sprayed yet as he's not a threat from inside the house but evidently the skunk knows I back him and will come outside if need be!  

Not a word from the CPA/lawyer' offices.  Not holding my breath.

Friend in hospital with CHF, overdid it, BP low, excess fluid, they're trying to get it drained slowly, worried. 

Neighbors have their own places to shovel/plow, don't have any help, but it'll be a while before it hits, will do as I did last year, only crying help if I truly need it, like two years ago I did once, I got a ton at once.  Now I park off the road and don't use carport in the winter.  Wish I had AWD or 4WD.  Speaking of I sold my truck, it needed work and leaked oil, wasn't comfortable driving and tired of the responsibility for upkeep and driving it, gas mileage 14 mpg, no room in it.  My previous one had a back seat and canopy and got 22 mpg.  Had just paid insurance for six months a month ago and only got $18 back!  Lost multi-vehicle discount, felt ripped.  $600 for both vehicles, now $588 for one?!  Crazy.

Always seems strange to me as well how doctors etc take things so slow. i would think they'd want to get it taken care of right then and there. They never consider if you can get there, or the price of the medication, or the side effects, or how they disrupt our lives and never consider there may be a different way to handle things. And now more than ever imho they are so bad at communicating. like we are just a practice dummy.

They're working on prepping for the auction. I have a hard time seeing them being ready. now they are taking a picture of each item and at home she runs them through Photoshop and loads them up on the auction website. She then needs to identify each item. She said she's been talking it up and made a video of some of the nicer glassware. they all sound so positive and say this will be a very good sale. But my fear is still that things go for nothing. Out of my hands now.

Suddenly the lightbulbs and tubes are going out and they're all expensive. Always something lol. 

Prep will take thru the end of month, auction Nov 1-5 and pickups 6-8 of Nov. Realtor meeting Monday 30th. Im looking for apt. Need to pack. After auction stuff is done need to do kitchen wall and start cleaning. Running out of time.

Ins is def a scam. Mine has gone up 50%. A 4wd would be fun. My neighbor has a riding mower, no idea why but he has fun. They say we will be a bit warmer and wetter this winter. So i'm thinking some blizzards are coming. Hope yours isnt bad. 

Too bad you're not closer to town, seems alot of driving. but then I bet its nice and quiet where you live.

Thats alot of cleaning. It really doesnt ever end.

Panther must be very resilient. I guess to survive they have to be,. And what a warrior Kodie is, protecting the house and his family. Such a good dog. 

I used to have a Nissan frontier pickup. It was a very good vehicle. Driving to work i had to cross several RR tracks and eventually the suspension would need work. When Dad was in rehab hospital for his stroke Mom got very lost trying to drive out. It was a very easy drive but dad gave her shortcuts and she was very confused. She never drove again and gave me her car. That was the point at which I knew she had dementia of some form. I wish i would havehad the wisdom and forsight to read up on it beforehand so I would have understood. Anyway her car is a 2016 but really low mileage and i dont need to drive much. Hoping it lasts awhile longer. 

I think people dont understand how difficult it can be as we age and theyre not prepared and many arent helpful. I will really miss this neighborhood because we all help each other. We dont all know or talk alot but I know they are all good people and would step in if needed. Itsalso very quiet and safe here and I will miss that as well. Will probably end up in an apt and trying to find out the safe neighborhoods. Supposedly if I stay in this city I'll be ok. But everywhere has its bad parts. 

70s and soft rain off and on today, we've had about 2 inches of rain this past week. 

I'm giving up coffee, I use a packet of SF hot chocolate and a tablespoon of SF Hills Bros Vanilla Cappucino and its tasty but its tearing up my insides today. its got to go. I've lost about all the good stuff. I guess thats life. i enjoy my green tea so i'll be ok.

Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

Green tea is good for us, I have all kinds of teas, not the black though, if I want caffeine I'll stick to coffee, but I know you can't have it.

Iris' door code isn't workin, she had me contact a neighbor, had to wait 45 minutes outside for him in the freezing cold, while he yackety yack yacked with another neighbor!  FINALLY he came over, tried the same things as me (or less) before saying it was likely low batteries.  Yeah, okay, I hope she has a key to one of the other doors when she gets home in 2 1/2 weeks!  No locksmith here that I know of.  And hopefully the weather warms up a bit.  

Good luck with the auction, you're in the city, you should get better prices and audience!  I never even heard Peggy's advertised!

Got a packet from Peggy's lawyer, why they send us stuff when we aren't inheriting, I don't know.  Still they pay nothing.

If yours doesn't go to probate, count yourself fortunate.  If your brother wants to contest he can wait for years so I'd warn him to take what he gets and call it good, seriously.

Got hailed on yesterday, then last night they predict it, ha!  I guess they looked outside.  32 yesterday and today.  

Hope you have a good day and the weather cooperates!

I think unless somehow a legal agency discov ers my folks have passed and there was no probate we are fine. My brother seems fine with things. he should be as he doesnt have to do anything and will get alot of money. From what ive read and the attorney told me as long as theres no creditors, no contention and worth is under 75k...and all thats true...then no need for probate in Tx.

We got an inch of rain this week. Then last night the clouds opened up and dropped over six inches. I wondered if maybe they could have spread that out over a few weeks? And then in a few days we get a taste of winter for a few days. You folks have winter starting already? When we get storms I pray theres no hail. I dont need the roof damaged. 

I have my doubts these estate people will be done in time. i hope i'm wrong. theyre very nice and I know they try and keep a low overhead but they need a couple more people. Its a husband and wife team and they have other people they can call on when needed. 

I used to enjoy a Chai from Oregon Chai. I may try that again. My coffee yesterday, and its half coffee and half hot choco w/ some creamer, it just killed me. I have to quit again. it just tastes so good. All the things I enjoyed so much has been taken away. But thats Life.

Sorry you had to stand in the cold. Whats wrong with people. How did so many get so selfish. I doubt he would brin you homemade soup if you got sick. 

My neighbors on one side are in their 80s. he has Parkinson but gets around a bit. he was out cutting back some trees. So I got my neighbor on the other side and we did a couple other trees and cleaned up the yard. he doesnt need to be doing that. theyre very nice people and always offer to pay. So Ia sked for some ice tea. It was very good ice tea I must say. I hope whoever buys this house will be a good neighbor to them both.

I started looking for apartments by looking for the safe areas of Ft worth, the big city next to us. But started seeing alot of apts here and they are reasonably priced. So I decided to focus on my city and stay close to the area I know. The neighborhoods arent as nice as the current one but then these are all nice homes here. But the rents are affordable. Its just a matter of figuring out when to rent and if they will rent to me w/out a job.

Good chance of rain tonight thru sunday night, wow. 

Now thats the way to predict weather lol. At least the fires are gone? I hope anyway. 

Had my tea and craving coffee, then i remember what it did to me and i'll pass. 

They want to push the estate auction back 3 days. they want more time to set minimums and get it written up and generate interest. Im fine with it as long and thy dont keep pushing it back. The house goes on the market Nov 1 and could sell fast. I meet with the Realtor monday and will see what she thinks, what I need to do and whats involved in selling. i hope its not terrible long because money will be an issue. the money from the estate sale will go to bills and any repairs. Well I'll worry about that later.

hopefully one day the lawyers etc will finish the estate business and surprise everyone. I hate em and hate govt and all the processes. It no longer serves the people but is its own huge beast. 

Take good care of yourself and stay warm.

• Like 1

6" of rain at once?!  Wow!  Our ground couldn't absorb that much, that is a LOT at once!  The hail didn't damage anything, just hailed, not like TX. My sister lived there when she was young, it destroyed their MG, golf ball sized, we've never seen that although I did see several inches of hail come once, we were scared it'd sweep the mobile home away, but it didn't.  That was maybe 40 years ago.

$75,000 isn't much, you'll get more than that for the house, but I think it's more than that.  I think he made a mistake making it so legal.  But I understand he didn't want anyone to challenge anything and him to be on the line.  But geez!  They just keep screwing the kids around and charging for everything.

22 degrees this morning, they predicted 30, a little off, aren't they!  Never did get snow at our elevation, but there was some a bit higher, glad as I want some Fall yet!  

Medical is getting like government.  If one can avoid going in they're better off, but unfortunately I have to get checked for skin cancers regularly.  I needed to go to the eye doctor but no openings so put it off to next year, not starting in winter where I live are they nuts!  Everything is taking longer and longer!  I'm glad it wasn't like that when my sister was alive.

You are so kind to your neighbor, so glad you came to their aid!

I got all Iris' plants watered yesterday, it's a LOT, took an hour.  Can't do the ones in the house as I can't get in.  She had no idea what a hassle that was and how cold it was standing out in the freezing cold for an hour!

Kodie and Panther are doing well, I see Panther's paw prints all over my car so he's going in the top of the carport, probably in the attic, God know what he's doing to the insulation.  No way up there.

So my skin cancer fell off, first time ever that freezing worked! So I changed my hard earned doctor's appt. to May. ;)

Generator wouldn't start after putting 5 gal. gasoline in it, figure I cranked too much before figuring out it was out of gas.  Took two days to connect with neighbor, got his battery tender on it, like the one I just gave away with my truck.  Ordered another one.  Outdoor socket is fried so used indoor one, which props door open, wouldn't you know, someone burned a LOT yesterday, air was 169!  Idiot, on one of the last sunshiney days.  Air 169.  So had to close the house and unplug the generator from the battery, so annoying!

Jack's son stacked the firewood, so will walk down and pay him today, didn't do as Jack talked about, new mixed in with old, oh well, will make do.  No idea why they even brought would if they did it that way.  The point was to use the firewood on the side that is falling over so it can be restacked with new wood.  Will still try to use that wall up this year.k

Got my tires switched, can't get wheels put on the snow tires for free swapping, instead it cost me $85, but I can't lift them with wheels in them, no strength, so have to pay $170/year for naught.

Iris finally remembered where she has a key, so have to walk back down and look for it (under a rock on the dirt?!) today, who knows.  Got her multitude of plants watered, took an hour.  Ugh, she owes me big time, still have nearly two weeks left, nearly two down.

Crazy week so far.  Sunday night I got a text that a friend's youngest son was found dead, he took himself out of the hospital, had something wrong with his leg, guess it killed him, they're still doing toxicology...only 29.  I can't imagine the hell she's going through.  You never think you'll lose one of your kids.

Oh and George and my picture fell off the wall, turns out the clasp was on cardboard!  Pulled it over the years.  Expensive frame, cheap hanger.  My neighbor put another one on, so I have it up again.

So how is your week going?  I won't have sugar here but I have DQ sundae coupons to hand out tonight.  Happy Halloween you all!

good morning goblin.gif

• Like Copy 1

I saw a video and didnt save the address, the perfect use for a drone for Halloween. Someone put lights and a ghoul costume on it and flew it around chasing people.

Mom had an MG once, very nice car until they traded it in. The brakes went out a week after. I was dreading bad weather all summer. I didnt want hail on this roof. I guess I survived it. 

I hate to say this but I think the attys are playing games and bilking money. It shouldnt take this long. I really hate attys. They'll stop when the money runs out. 

Talked to my Realtor yesterday, nice lady. Signed her contract and need to do a few things. Estate auction runs Nov 6 - 10 and pickups 12 - 14th. Then I should get paid a week or two after. very curious to see how much it does. theyre saying it should be a very good auction. I hope there's not much left and I know it wont make much money. But if it can pay mortgage and bills for a month, maybe a repair or two then its good. Thinking house will be listed late nov and Realtor thinks it will go in a few weeks. Hoping to find an apt before they start showing the house. but unless the auction does really well I cant afford to pay twosets of bills. I think im screwed here.

We ended up with 11 or more inches of rain in about a week and thats all we get I think.

You folks are winter cold already. We are freezing overnight but 40s and 50s by day. Then in a few days into the 60s and 70s.

It is my greatest fear to have a serious medical issue and go into the hospital here. I will fight it tooth and nail. The first hospital dad was in treated us both badly. The second one treated him very well. I need to see if that one is in my network.

the guy on my other side had trimmed the top of his one tree, forget the kind but people trim it hard every year. We did the other one a bit and then todat snuck over and bundled those up. I gave him Dad's old rollator and its so much better than a walker and he loves it. 

You're very nice doing those plants and waiting in the cold. You need a pair of those heated longjohns. When i worked at Walgreens we had a cowboy truckdriver. He used to be a ranch hand. Told us they wore ladies pantyhose in winter cause it held the heat in, was light and comfortable. 

Hopefully panther doesnt tear out the insulation. I need to look at my attic and broom the insulation around so they wont see the mouse trails. 

good the freezing worked, always nice to see. So many doctors to go see. With your weather I can see where you'd want to do all the doctoring in warm weather. Winter there sounds like a time to hunker down and make soup.

Hope you have some good firewood this winter. I'm leaving two stands of wood with th house and i hope they appreciate it. Also leaving them a shed full of yardtools inc my electric mower. I know I cant care who buys it but will probably be someone who will fix it up and sell it again. This would be good for kids. 

Realtor really likes this house. She said many of the houses have the same floorplan but this one is different and has good features. 

Ouch on the tires. I probably need to do that, and get an oil change and radiator flushed. After I get moved. Need new glasses too. If I could get a new attitude that would be great also lol.

Lol, a key under a rock? Thats asking for trouble. But I would never think to look there to be honest.

There is so much oddness and so much tragedy in this world. maybe I pay more attention now but seems its more and more often. Agreed, a parent should never have to bury their child. That some children go through so much is such a sadness of Life.

Well they will come photo for the auction again tomorrow, taking them a few days lobger than expected. hopefully tomorrow is the last day. The guy is very nice and I dont mind him here but need them to get done. I'll be making my list of apts and start packing. IF i'm here when they start showing the house I worry about people in my room cause i'll be gone. I think the best course is to pack everything I can and tape em shut and pile em in the closet and the corner. There are things that if someone takes i will be in a bad way. And if they mess with my computers same thing. So I will idiot-proof it as much as I can. I hate the idea of having to leave while they do it because I ill be busy and need some peace of mind. they can show between 9am and 7 pm and must call first for permission. i can go nextdoor or run down to the grocery store. Just really stressed and anxious. its all in the wind and if it blows the wrong way i'll be hurting really bad. But will do what I have to do. 

The stress makes me want a beer. because I remember what it was like to relax with a couple in the late evening. But I know it isnt like that anymore. It doesnt serve me so i will decline the idea.

Halloween didnt happen here. No one trick or treats and thats fine. I dont celebrate or like it. I enjoy Fall and festivals for Fall. 

Attached is another AI artwork i did. its fun and relaxing.

take good care of yourself and Kodie and panther. Stay warm.

6f95a5509f4842a5a7bdff703b4bc5a5.jpg

• Like 1

Sunday we were on the platform (Kodie's my service dog) leading morning worship and the pastor gave announcements...when he mentioned we'd have potluck and business mtg after church, you could tell Kodie was listening as he licked his chops!  That gave us a good laugh.

Love the picture!  I can't believe you did it!

I looked under every rock in their place, one boulder rolled under the house, so I scooted in after it, in trying to get it back in place, I bumped my head hard on it, couldn't get up!  My sister thinks I have a concussion, no, just a bump, bruise, and tore the skin open but my eyesight is no better or worse than it was and no headache.  I finally crawled out and pulled myself up by something.  Anyway, I finally got into her house and watered her plants, thus saving their lives. ;)

A racoon tore up the insulation last year, tried to get someone interested in putting wiring up (for $ of course) to keep them out but no one would.

Didn't hear from anyone on Halloween but got this off FB this morning, my grandkids.

My friend Laurel got a call Sunday night, her 29 year old son was found dead.  No foul play. It'll take months to find out the cause, they're backed up. They have no $ so I took some of mine from saving for the back of the carport and paid for his cremation.  Praying God will keep holding up my carport.
Praying you get enough $ in your estate sale and sell your house quickly!

Halloween 2023.jpg

My sister may be right, thought I just got it on my forehead (big knot, discoloration and tearing of the skin), this morning I discovered  I also hit the top of my head and side of it.

She'd told me "under a rock" but I looked under all the rocks, nothing...THEN I found it was actually a keyholder so you had to look on the bottom of it, not under it.  Had I known that this never would have happened. 

Concussion, broke skin in two of the three places on my head, pulled muscle in arm, throwing up and headache.

Not affecting my eyes or cognizance. Iris wanted me to look under a rock for her key, but the first one I checked, no key Or any of the rest of them. Accidentally pushed a boulder underneath the deck and I knew she wanted it to block the dogs getting under so tried to get it pulled back out but no leverage or strength. Got one of Mike's tools but too wimpy. So I scooted underneath it to get better leverage. Scooting forward is how I hit my head with great force. Couldn't get up, scooted backwards and crawled to something to pull myself up, that's how I pulled a muscle. Finally got up. Took from Tues to today to show up. Turns out the reason I didn't see a key is because she didn't tell me it was a key holder. That would have been a good piece of information to know! You have to physically look at the bottom to see it. When you pick it up nothing is there. Never would have happened had I known.

Are you ok? Still having those symptoms. Did you get to see a doctor. Do you have someone who could drive you to the doctor? 

Thats a good idea I guess for a key hiding place. but like you say if you dont know you cant find it. And what if it gets kicked around and lost.

They still havent finished prep for the auction. he wants to come for a couple hours tomorrow. i think he's just getting a bit too detailed. they are doing a great job and working hard but i wonder if now its not just being a stickler for minute details and unneeded. 

https://bluemoon.hibid.com/catalog/498316?apage=10 Heres the site. Its not live yet and all the pages arent up i think. I hope they can get it done, theyve had extra time and i cant push it off any more. After the sale ends theres a day or two off when they come and group peoples purchases together. Then three days for people to come pick up. theyre real nice folks but im just real tired of people being in here. i want my solitude again. 

People calling realtor about the house already. I will need to clean and finish packing and find an apt so may not start showing til end of month. I really hate this process. 

We warmed up again. Are you folks still real cold at night? We were 70 today and was nice, 50s overnight. 

Saw whats been pooping in my backyard the other night. Big ole possum. 

Take good care of yourself and plz let me know how you're feeling. take good care.

• Like 1

I'm okay, it's what I'd call a slight concussion, the wounds are pretty severe but don't need stitches, resting, will be bored resting.  Getting old sucks.  Her lack of communicating properly and my lack of strength got me, happened Tuesday.

Wow, your parents had a lot of antiques!  Hoping it does well...

Good to hear you're feeling better. You're so used to always being on the go. Best to relax a bit.

They really enjoyed their antiques and Mom loved shopping her collectibles. And she would take a piece and google the mark on the bottom and read the history of it. I'd give anything now to be able to go back and sit and do that with her. But I think one of the wisdoms of life is being able to accept and let go. 

70s today, beautiful weather. I'm going to open some windows and pack more. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to make a move.

Take good care

• Like 1

Tried relaxing, the power went out. :( Ate 1/2 cold egg and 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter for dinner.  Walked Kodie for something to do and there were branches in the road everywhere so picked them up 1 1/2 hours.  Got soaked to the gil, it was raining hard.  Had the clocks set back already so had to do them again when the power came back, was going to sleep then

Im sorry, that sounds miserable. Hope you can rest today and sleep. Do you folks lose power often? 

We have 78 degrees and sun today. I'm packing and trying to decide what to keep. I almost want to toss it all. The auction goes live at 5pm my time and the guy will be back this afternoon. Ive lost track of how many days theyve been prepping but I hope this is the last for a couple days. They will be back when its over to group people's purchases together. Then be here for the picking up. Then hopefully I get paid a week later. Looking forward to being able to dispose of the leftovers and cleaning like crazy.

Hoping today goes better. Take good care.

• Like 1

We had a storm prior so I'm thinking a tree came down on a power line, knocking us out.  Kodie and I walked for 1 1/2 hours during the outage, picking up branches on the road so people could drive, the fresher you get them the better as when people drive over them, it breaks them into bits...trucks and SUVs can usually make it but not good for cars.  I'm amazed, in 46 years here, I'm the only one that does this.  They will miss me when I'm gone.

Good luck with the auction, praying it has great results!

Glad you're ok. I wonder if you have power outages alot? bet there are alot of trees. Odd no one clears the road. One would think the people who live there would do it. Send the city a bill :)

Was 82 today and gorgeous, too bad winter will come soon. It'll rain and get cold for good starting tomorrow.

The auctions last day is tomorrow and half the items are bid on altho fe are getting a good price. Everyone tells me dont wrry because all the action is on the last day at the last minute. I hope so because rt now unless we get a miracle this will all be for nothing. My brother still thinks itms will sell for their value nd we make a ton of money. ive explained til im blue in the face so im done explaining. He will get mad and take the opportunity to run me down but I dont care anymore what he thinks. mostly because i dont trust him and because he has no clue whats what. Hopefully it makes enough to pay me back for expenses and bills for december. 

No one so far wants to rent to me unless i pay 6-12 months rent up front. that seems crazy to me. I have excellent credit, a letter from my last landlord and the best reason in the world why im out of work. No one cares. But we shall see. I swear one of them told me to show my banking account to show the money from the house sale, but i forgot which ones it was. guess i'll start over. In any case i will be here when they start showing the house and I hate that. They can show from 9am to 7pm and give an hours notice and I must approve it. I have to leave when they show and supposedly a half hour. If it ends up I have to leave constantly all day long we are going to have a problem. i have to get some things done and i hate intrusions. Maybe i should pay 6 months up front, but if thats a deposit ill probably never see it again. If its ok that will be used to pay the last 6months rent then i might do that. my concern is that i'll be trapped there. But I guess i have no choices in my life anymore. 

So you've been there 46 years, thats aazing.? Do you ever go through and declutter? At one point I want to kep everything and at another point I want to throw it all away.

How is Panther doing? And Kodie? 

I have a possum now. He comes in the wee hours of the morning and uses my yard as a bathroom. No ide why he likes it so much, theres no food and no water.

Take good care of yourself. Thank you for the good thoughts on the auction, maybe it will surprise me.

• Like 1

We're county not city so lucky to get ANY maintenance at all.  You'd think people would do in front of their place but nope!  Leave it all for the old lady.

28 here now, predicted 37, I want a refund! It will get colder before people get up.

No, this place needs decluttered, badly, but nowhere to take it and not a good place for a garage sale.  With my hand injuries and 10% strength and continual pain and numbness, that's my big enemy now.  Before I was always working/commuting, no time.  If I could tell people one thing it'd be get rid of your stuff in your 60s, now I'm 71 and never anticipated the disabilities that'd come with it.  I'm lucky I can walk and have a good back but the lack of strength from the injuries is very debilitating.  

I figure when I get this place paid off then I can move what I want and have an estate sale on what I'm leaving (a lot) and then sell the place, but I can't afford two places at once. And they require electricity be left on while doing that.  Can't load the fire if I'm not there though!  So not sure how any of that will work.  Too much for my brain to handle now.

I think they're right, the most of it will be the last day.  Your brother can suck leaves!  What has HE done to help out?!  Sorry, it galls me how people who do nothing (like my sisters) have such opinions!  Julie's idea of helping Peggy was come throw some stuff away, like her cookbook which was a 60s Better Homes & Gardens &  I had to find and buy her another.  Polly is blind so can't do much, but she didn't toss w/o asking.  St Vinny's quit takin donations here during Covid so now you have to make 100 mile round trip to get rid of anything and with the price of gas like it is, nope!

Seems like you went straight to winter. When does it snow? We've been rainy and 50s all day, feels good. 

The cities here dont like to fix their streets either. theres a hugs deformation in the main road I drove to work for a couple years, still never fixed.

The auction guy just left. The lots are closing and its a frenzy. he said we were at 13k, which means I would get 9600, and theres still more lots to finish. Believe that when i see it. But hope its true, would solve some problems. Should get a total tomorrow when he comes to stage items.  My brother emailed me he cant look at the auction because he knows how hard Dad worked on the furniture and it should sell for hundreds and not fifty bucks. Well, ive explained til im blue in the face and im done. Its an estate sale and you dont get full value. I couldnt find an auction house i thought was honest and the antique stores are all these small places in antique malls that carry a couple piecs of furniture. I think he just playing the narcissist again, it wont work. I have struggled and agonized through all this and gave up my life to this so he has no power here.

Sorry about the injuries. if I lived close i'd do it for you. Wish there was someone who could help you. Are there any organizations that could come help? 

I will need to stay here until i find a buyer and then find an apt. I'll have to keep elec on here until I move in and then the buyer had best have it turned on. Timing is crucial. It never is easy. 

I agree with you, bro didnt even offer advice or try and figure out what to do, so he doesnt get to criticize at all. Whatever is left here can probably be taken by the estate company to resell for a fee. If the sales figure he gave me is true then they did the best job ever and i'm very happy with them. Other than that the couple is very nice and organized, knowledgable and efficient. I got very lucky hiring them i think. The husband has been here mostly and he has been working his tail off while his wife sets it all up on the computer. 

Sometimes i wish i lived in the country or on the edge of town and other times im happy where i am. My preference is not for an apt but i have no choice.

Take good care of yourself and stay warm.

• Like 1

Tell your brother to let go of his pipe dreams, you're dealing with reality and none of this is fun.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Are there any organizations that could come help?

rofl.gif

Went to town yesterday and got my glasses adjusted, they didn't look busy yet they have no openings until May?!  (It's 60 miles from here).  Got gas, another 20 miles out of the way and then another ten miles to get to grocery store and 50 more miles here.  Took Kodie to the park before and after, ten miles out of the way both times, but he earned it.  

Winter will be here when I look out and it's white, no idea when, could be any time or could be Christmas.  I personally hope it holds off.

No word from my son about TG.  It's been five weeks since he called on my bdy.

You have earned what you have coming from the estate sale and I hope it continues doing better and better, that's way more than we got from Peggy and Bert's estate sale even though he had antiques of a unique kind.  It earned $1,400 less Junk Hauler's and thw lawyers and CPAs, in the hole now, wondering if the kids will get anything at all.

Sorry about my response, I couldn't help responding with ROFL..out in the woods, totally on my own, nope, no organizations.  My neighbor will come air up my tire on my wheelbarrow today, I got the air compressor ready and car moved out so I can put the wheelbarrow into the carport...

Still getting headaches and head still hurts but lesser, didn't throw up yesterday so that's a plus.  Never heard from son.  At least I did my daughter and her BF, it's hard going through something like this alone!  

Went to church yesterday, at the end of the service when the pastor was leading the singing, Kodie joined in, quietly.  It was so cute!  The Husky in him.  The pastor adores him, thankfully.

Iris and Jazzy got back Saturday, good, can't believe her code worked for her, it didn't for me or her other neighbor!  Today we have to get Jazzy out of her kennel, Iris will be gone for six hours.  It's pouring rain, that ought to be fun!

Will be thinking of you today with the sale...

Good to hear you feel a bit better. Cool compress makes me feel better. That and no harsh light.

My brother is playing his narcissistic games. Told me he couldnt look at the auction site because he knew how hard dad worked on the furniture and it should sell for hundreds and not $50. I had explained how an auction works, its pretty common sense anyway. So I can only believe he was trying to play his games. but I really dont care. He told me he wishes he had visited more often and I wanted to say he could have called anytime. But just going to ignore it. I have regrets of my own to play with. If he wants to play games he can find another brother.

What they told me about the auction is very true. it all happened at the very end, it went crazy. Almost all of it sold and it did about twice what my best prediction was. There will be a few things to get fixed and pay me back the last (I hope) of my expenses. I will probably out of that pay for my brothers stuff to be sent, esp since he has done nothing to find someone. So today is the last pickup day and hopefully tomorrow I can see what is left and decid what to do with it. They still have the items to be mailed out and I assume they will pack those here so maybe another day or two and I'll get my house back. 

I didnt think there was anyone to help but I was hoping. Wouldnt it be nice to have an organized volunteer organization that could go around helping the elderly etc.

good grief, estate auction lady gave me the check and the bank spelled my name wrong so she's going back and get another one. i dont know if she just told them my name and the banker didnt know how to spell it or what. But i can say my bank wouldnt accept it unless spelled correctly.

Glad your daughter called. You need a lifeline, someone close who can come help if you need. Im blessed to have the folks next door. Im so used to being alone, and I prefer solitude, that its a pain some times. but good to know theres someone to help or give me a ride home from the hospital. 

Kodie is so cute. I bet he sings better than most people do. That was his pack so he joined in. Does he sing at home if you sing?

Tere is always something. It seems you get alot of rain and snow. We cant seem to buy rain this year. They say we'll have a wet winter but no sign of it yet.

You do alot of driving. is it country roads? Its the city here with nice four lanes. last day i worked for walgreens I tried driving the sloping two lane roads to go get my cashier for the night and slid off the road twice. When I got back they told me I would be by myself the last four hours. i was a bit worried i wouldnt be able to drive home and they wouldnt let me close early. I went home. Best decision i ever made but I should have done it a better way. i think it just took me getting really mad to do it.

Tomorrow can decide what to do with leftovers and need to take wallpaper off the wall under the reach through bar and replace some lightbulbs and start cleaning. We can start showing the 28th so will have my hands full. 

I would say i hope things are quiet and peaceful but it never seems they are. maybe you'll get lucky. Take good care of yourself and Kodie and Panther.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tachi said:

Does he sing at home if you sing?

No but then I'm not a whole congregation!

I am so glad the sale went like it did!  Your brother ticks me off royally, yes, true narcissist.  You have better restraint than I do.

My son called yesterday, he bought his house three years ago, the former sellers sold it with a new roof, now it's leaking everywhere, and the company is defunct. Their dryer went out. They have a gas leak. And a neighbor took out their fence, Paul had to cob it together, large section, as the dogs couldn't go out like that.  Neighbor has done nothing.  WTH!  Bethany is overextended and keeps trying to loan HIM out!  He tells her not to.  They're going to her sister's for TG so I'm high and dry.  The only reason I go is to be with family. I messaged Melissa, haven't heard back.  Iris invited me to go with her to the Methodist TG spread, all I can eat is the turkey, everything else is carbs.  Will see.
What do you do for holidays?  I'm ready for April already, can we just skip winter and holidays?

17 hours ago, Tachi said:

You do alot of driving. is it country roads?

I go up and down the mountain to the church, winding country roads.  And I drive Hwy 58 to the city to shop or go to medical appointments.  I got a postcard from my local clinic wanting me to come in and check my BP.  Are you kidding me!  I was so angry!  I called them and said they had 3 1/3 months to check up on my BP and if I'd left it up to them I'd be dead! That their NP was the one who CAUSED it to be 210/110 telling me my toe was broken and to get into urgent care.  I've had breaks, this was NOT a break and it was nowhere near my toe!  I'd told her the tendon it was and I've had pulled tendons before, I know what THEY feel like!  I had showed her the side of the foot where it hurt!  She would NOT LISTEN!  I will never see her again!  Kodie and I drove the 100 mile round trip to Urgent Care and they confirmed what I'd thought!  No breaks, not the toe!  I got my BP down in the next two days by breathing exercises.  No thanks to them.  Are they kidding me!  They're just now looking at their chart notes?!

I'm mad at myself for not listening to my inner instincts and doing what I was told.  Rule #1:  You are your own advocate!  Drs can suggest, they cannot dictate our lives!
Iris was in town seven hours yesterday, left Jazzy in the kennel, I got her out and let the dogs play for two hours while I did her dishes, her kitchen was a mess!  The dogs had so much fun, running and playing the whole time!  Kodie got filthy, but I didn't care, they missed each other so much.