Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

No, unfortunately I made a casserole that will last a week unless I freeze it...and I don't care for it but don't want to toss the ingredients, it took a lb of cheese, two pounds of taco meat, eggs, a brick of cream cheese, etc.

Your brother will sign, you will too, it will be fine.  It's about to be behind you.

How are you feeling? That stuff always took me a few weeks too. Get some rest and stay warm.

Sounds like the taco casserole we made when i was in school. I worked in the dorm cafeteria. That is the food that killed my stomach. We also made a chicken enchilada casserole, that was good. Rained all day today, well drizzled really. Tomorrow should be clear so will run another load of boxes to the apt. rain through the weekend and then next week will take the bed and the rest. You should freeze it and have a nice dinner for Christmas. 

Does Panther get somthing special?

I called the service for the medical office asking if they could check dads records and sign a competency form saying he was able to legally sign the ladybird Deed on the house. They left one voicemail telling me how to set up an appt for him. Second time they transferred me to the records dept. When i explained what I needed to them they transferred me to another records dept. yesterday i called again and I think he understood, but no one has called m back. I'm finding a new doctor. I'll call the escrow agent tomorrow andask her to do Plan B because the medical office wont help. 

Geewiz. Was frustrated because I couldnt get ahold of the lady at the Title Company. they were hacked wednesday and their website and systems are all down. no idea whats going on or when we can complete our business. 

Thought I had found a transport company for the furniture and bro even liked em, but no openings til mid january and we close on the house Jan5

Hope your weather is better, we get rain tomorrow and 50s.

Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tachi said:

Does Panther get somthing special?

Panther dosn't want anything special, so no.  Even canned catfood he turns down, maybe I'lll try him on some tuna...he even turns down cheese.

Yeah, wish I'd made it with plain hamburger or at least 1 lb plain, 1 lb. taco meat, too strong, can't wait until it's all gone!  Want to make cheeseburger soup again, it's my favorite soup, so good!

Wow, I can't believe you can't get movers...but I remember how everything halts at the holidays.  :(

Wishing you a good Christmas!  Will spend with neighbors, DIL cancelled on me and my daughter plans to see me next Saturday, will drive into Eugene for it.  Hoping it doesn't snow.

I was attacked by my neighbor's dog last night, took them some homemade bread I made them for Christmas and they'd forgot to shut their gate so when they let him outside, he made a beeline for me, knocked me down, bit my arm up pretty good, my knees are bruised.  I was pretty thankful he didn't go for my face.  They thought I got bloodied from falling, umm, no, your dog bit me pretty badly.  I don't get bloodied up like that from falling. It's pretty swollen today, hurts like the dickens.  Can't use it for anything.  Ought to be fun getting firewood in and shoveling snow this month.

Are you ok? Do you need to go see someone? Get it bandaged up and disinfectant etc? Did they at least apologize and offer to drive you to get looked at? So sorry to hear this happened. Not what you think of during Christmas. I hope you can get healing. maybe those people should come bring you firewood and clear the snow. 

Please take good care of yourself and keep me posted on how you're doing.

• Like 1

Good heavens, Kay! How awful for you! Do you know if your neighbor's dog has been vaccinated against rabies? Have you had a tetanus shot within the last 5 years? I know it's hard for you (weather-wise) at this time of year, but I hope you'll make an appointment to see your healthcare provider ASAP. This is not something to be taken lightly. I'm so sorry this happened to you . . . 

• Like 1

Yes, we need tetanus shots every ten years, I had my last one four years ago.d
Yes the dog is up on shots.

I tried to go to urgent care in Springfield today (about 1 1/4 hours away) and they wouldn't see me "because it's Christmas."  I tried ER in Cottage Grove (a little further away) and they said the same thing.  I said "I'm sorry a dog bit me at Christmas."  Unreal!  Then I get home and Iris messaged me questioning my motives for wanting to go to urgent care.  I didn't feel it deserved a response (she hasn't seen the wounds which go clear around my arm).  Everyone at church encouraged me to go. 😡

shake head.gif

Yes she disinfected it and bandaged it, I'm changing the dressing every day so it doesn't get stuck to the bandaid.

Another neighbor offered to get me firewood in, but I'd already done so this morning, just brought a smaller load up, probably should start doing that anyway now that I'm older.  One thing did make me mad, their thinking their dog hadn't bitten me but I'm just older and have thin skin, hell no, I had someone medical look at it at church and he said it's obviously a dog bite, you don't get the wounds all the way around the arm if you just fell on it.  And I didn't just "fall,"  the dog shoved me down with great force.

I hope you're ok. Unbelievable to me nobody will see you. That needs to be fixed. please take good care of yourself and good to hear people are helping you. Just keep the bandages clean and disinfected. Take it as easy as you can. kodie will take good care of you. 

I dont think I like Iris very much. Altho I question her mental state at this point. 

I undertand christmas hasnt been very good this year but i'd like to wish you a merry Christmas and send some music in place of a card

Hang in there, get some rest.

Do you watch any of the Christmas movies?

Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

• Like 1

I watched one, it was okay, haven't since.  Keep pretty busy with diabetic and grief groups and the animals/walking.  Had Christmas Eve with neighbors, it was so fun, 8 kids! Noisy, busy, fun.

Are you moved in yet?
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas!

I gave Kodie a new toy for Christmas and Panther a catnip toy, he's playing with it on the patio as we speak! 

Merry Christmas!

I have almost everything moved over. Just waiting on my neighbor to help take the bed and a few pieces of furniture. I guess they went to their farm in Oklahoma. I may try and get some of the smaller furniture over if it fits in the car. I need to get thos house sold, need new tire and a battery and new glasses. I dont want to be buying anything until the house sells.They didnt mention it but thats where their friends and I think family are. So whenever next week they they get back hopefully they'll help. Just hoping I hear from my escrow officer tomorrow so i know whats going on. Closing is jan5 and no idea what happens if we cant.

So panther likes his toy...thats cute. Maybe theres a kitten in all grown cats, they love to play. I know Kodie loves to play. bet they both had alot of fun today.

Sounds like you have some good neighbors. Eight kids, wow. A little older and they could do some odd jobs.

Take good care and have a good evening.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tachi said:

A little older and they could do some odd jobs.

They do, Iris hires them.  One mows her lawn, one put together her bucket trap (for mice) for the garage.  One takes out her garbage.

We went to our dinner last night, wanted us there at 5 but they didn't eat until 7!  All I had was turkey and one piece of Keto fudge I brought and this morning my BS was 118!  All because I ate late.  Normally it's been around 94.  That's quite a raise.  Hoping it will get back down after my walk today but may take a couple of days to come down. 

I hope they're home soon so you can get the rest of your stuff moved.  I'd go ahead and have your brother and you make the statement they need so the house can sell.

Im cleaning and hoping my escrow officer calls me. She's the one who needs to get us the forms and send them to the Underwriters. Im guessing that wont happen until their systems come back up. I was hoping for a call/text/email/smoke signal today letting me know where we're at but they probably dont know yet.

Ive been trying to eat better etc. And people dont listen nor understand. they think its just some fad you're taking part in and ignore it. Starting now i'm enforcing my food habits again. Hopefully your bs comes down today. Blood sugar that is :)

I realized something about my brother, we talked last night. He will ask me a question and then listen while I answer. And still not say anything as in a normal conversation. Usually i'm uncomfortable with the silence and talk some more. He's laying his traps and judging me. So I think from now on as we talk i'll tell him the minimum possible and just learn to enjoy the silence.

He still feels like he has to direct my life. I dont ever ask for advice. His advice is never right. And he doesnt respect me enough to stop telling me what to do. He wants me to do what his plan for me is and not what I want. His latest is a UX bootcamp, he says if I do that I can get a job easy. Which is not true. He also tells me people work for a couple years with a company then move on. Starting in this field you have alot of learning to do so no you dont work for 2 years then move on. You dont know enough. And honestly I dont think anyone will hire me as a beginner at my age (66). Bootcamps cost 10-15,000 bucks and are very intense. Ive already told him not interested and not throwing away that much money. That is the equivalent to living expenses after SS for a year or almost two. Plus im 66 and my brain doesnt work well enough to go that fast plus im not going to studythe 15 hours a day that would be needed. 

Here is his outlook....same as the corporates at my last career. He is giving me the best plan and if I follow it right i'll get a job. If I dont get a job then its my fault for not following it properly. I just cant tell him to go jump in the lake, yet. I need him to sign the forms s we can finish the house sale.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, full of anxiety waiting to hear if we can close on the house.

Moving the furniture in Thursday and will just have a few things and then vacuuming and wiping down. I dont expect to hear from my escrow agent this week but will try calling in a few days. There are some things I need to know.

So how are you feeling today. hopefully it doesnt hurt much. Is your respiratory junk any better? You're not allowed to have anything else happen until you heal from what you have. Like you ever wanted this stuff. Take good care of yourself and im praying you get some quiet days in which to heal.

• Like 1

Believe me I understand, and you are wise for your handling of him...until this is over.  Then you can tell him whatever you want!  And believe me when I say I understand how people react to your healthy choices, I talked to someone yesterday who was upset about his nephew's food choices, I wish I could guide the kid myself, he doesn't need to make many changes, just get off grains.  I tried to explain to this guy about Keto, how when you're in ketosis your food doesn't go to fat inside your arteries, now inflammatories will, such as grains.  He thought the kid needed vegetables, no, not if he is carniverous, but he has to get off the grains or they'll be his undoing.  But this guy wouldn't listen at all.  Has he studied this for four years?  No!  I have.  They think you have to be an AMA certified doctor, no, they're taught all wrong, have been for 60 years!  I like the UK and France, much more progressive than our country for health.

Yeah but I didn't have respiratory issues, my lungs were fine, just blowing my nose and spitting a lot and no energy, had it about two weeks.  

My left knee was giving me fits this morning, VERY hard to walk, took me half the day to limber up!  It's both knees but esp. the left one.  Arm hurts like hades to touch.  Learning how to get along with it.  Smaller wheelbarrow loads.  Got the garbage out for tomorrow morning.  

3 hours ago, Tachi said:

You're not allowed to have anything else happen until you heal from what you have.

Agreed!

Praying for you, believe me, I understand about anxiety.

Oh and we did a lot of walking today, my BS is 91, since I don't have the insulin resistance I used to my fasting blood sugar should be about the same in the morning.  We fed the horse her apple today!

Oh and my son got a 3D printer and made this ornament and mirror for my granddaughter!  And he put together a packet for my six year old grandson to make something.  Amazing...

ceci ornament.jpg

Mirror 1.jpg

Mirror 2.jpg

Mirror 3.jpg

Your son does good work, thats very cool. He must be very handy in the shop and around the house. 

How are you feeling? 

Im all but moved in, almost done unpacking and no idea where anything is. Still need to clean the house. We close friday, I hope. The underwriters saw on the autopsy a mention of dementia. So they wonder was he competent to sign the deed two years before he passed. There's another form she had me fill out that will hopefully atisfy them and we can close on time. No one will tell me what happens if we cant.

Am exhausted and trying to get sick. I have chronic bronchitis and am partial to respiratory junk so hopefully thi is jut from the cold front that came in. I just want to sit on my behind and drink hot tea but lots to do. So far has been pretty quiet here altho many are gone on vacation. And i'm not used to all the parkinglot noise. But at least im upstairs and on the corner.

Part of me wishes i'd kept more furniture but then no point in it. 

Horses are fun. Kinda cudly when they like you. Havent been around one for so many years. You feed em an apple every day?

I think we find out the doctors arent the uthority we thought they were. much of our techin on nutrition has been guided by food companies trying to sell us. My doctor mentioned one time that we dont need bread to live but thats all she told me. Told me to eat more fish but that was it. She was concerned with my blood test but not enough to talk about nutrition. I need to get some new doctors.

Glad you mentioned firewood, I need to get some firewood from the house to the apt while I can, in case we ever lose electricity. 

Do you have trouble with your knees alot? Guess you'll have to take it easy for a few weeks. Do you have any epsom salts? I used to soak in an epsom salt bath, or soak a washcloth in epsom water and soak my knees with it.

Maybe you caught a little sinus thing. You folks must get alot of allergy stuff from the vegetation too. Its funny how we change with time. When i was younger I got nose running allergies every spring but havent for years. Odd to think I will never get to care for a yard again. never get to walk in the solitude of my yard inspecting the flowers and plants. maybe there's a nice park somewhere close. Altho I dont think i'd trust being out anywhere at night.

Today i'll go back over to the house and bring the last of it over and start cleaning. I had to order a few things to be delivered there. This apt doesnt have a medicine cabinet. So i got something that hangs over the door. A few things like that. 

Take good care of yourself. Hopefully you can get some peace and quiet. Scratch kodie behind the ears for me.

• Like 1

No this was an all out flu bug of some sorts.  I don't normally have trouble with my knees, this is just from the dog slamming me to the ground so hard, so fast.  Hoping I don't get an infection. Left knee hurts bad. How in the world do you get your knee in an epsom soak???

Yes, I feed this horse an apple every day I see it, which is most days.

My son is extremely good at everything!  Him and my granddaughter came last night, will be here until tonight.  I made a big pot of soup yesterday morning to have on hand but then they didn't show up until after dinner, but at least I had some. Thinking of making Breakfast egg muffins for them for breakfast.

Panther was skiddish of them but saw him sleeping in his basket on the picnic table last night.

Hope you get to feeling better, so hard when you need to relax and can't.  That was me last night.

Son tackling the huge job of going through stuff in his bedroom and getting the bed ready to take, he got the drawers out last night, still has to go through the headboard.  What a huge mess!  He brought shop garbage bags (heavier duty) and took down the kennel and folded it.  A lot to do today!  He also checked my outlets, they were all fine (he has an electrical engineering degree as well as mechanical and computer engineering).  Definitely handy, but he always was, even as a kid.  I miss him.

My BS was high this morning, just my stress/anxiety, I ate well yesterday and on time.  Will settle down this week.  And I'm taking Iris to town Tuesday to drop her car off but she found a ride for Wed. as the person got Covid that was going to take her.  So many getting it, makes me a bit nervous.

No sinus issue, got over it.  But my granddaughter has something, hope to hell I don't get it, you know how kids are.

Wow, never heard of a place not having a medicine cabinet!  Makes me want to stay here forever, hard as it is at times.  (Like Winter and Summer) :D

Very weird, no snow, not complaining, we're due for a break!

21 hours ago, Tachi said:

My doctor mentioned one time that we dont need bread to live but thats all she told me. Told me to eat more fish but that was it. She was concerned with my blood test but not enough to talk about nutrition.

Sounds like she knows, good info, if she'd just keep going and tell you more!  No we don't need bread, we're way better w/o grains, causes inflammation, allergies, so much more and they never tell you!`

I hope this year is better for all of us.  My son and granddaughter went home last night.  It was an extremely busy visit, I did six loads of laundry yesterday, my son took apart their childhood beds with headboards and drawers and needed to get the parts down the 40' ramp to his truck, went out in the shop to see what he could use as I'm no help lifting esp. with dog bites and loss of strength...he found castors to a chair he'd brought like one of mine...he used it to make a dolly, ingenious!  Got everything loaded and tied down. 
Ceci and I walked Kodie and I brought an apple and showed her how to feed the horse down the street, I love that horse!  She's old, losing her hearing, eyesight, smell, but so gentle.  I did a lot of cooking and vacuuming on top of the laundry and dishes.  Should be unable to move today, but I have lots of energy, just not strength.

Sounds like a really nice visit. Your son really is amazing. he's a 'tinkerer' as we used to call it. very handy skillset.

Now hopefully you get some peace and rest and heal up.  Sounds like you were extremely busy. bet you had so much fun.

Supposed to close friday, supposed to get a different affadavit done but escrow hsnt contacted me for a couple days and needs to get me the form to sign along with my neighbors and send to escrow. I swear if i go over friday morning and we cant do it, after all ive been pointing this out to them, im going to just start going off. I never do this but about stressed as I can be. 

Elec company somehow added the bill for the house to the bill for the apt and has double billed me. Ill need to talk to them in India tomorrow and hope i can understand them. I asked them to leave the power on for the house until I asked for it to be cut off but better double check. 

With all the stress ive been bad on nutrition but I'll get back. main thing is to start cooking again. I get busy and caught up. And my anxiety makes me pull in when im stressed so i dont feel like cooking.

Epsom soak...well if you cant soak in a bathtub then get a basin of hot water and mix in the epsom salts, soak a cloth and wring it a bit and place on your knee. I'd always read ice at first to slow the bruise/bleed and then heat to increase blood flow to help it heal. Getting so i wish i had a heated bodysuit lol. 

Soup sounds good. Think i'll make a pot. Im a typical guy i guess. just use V-8 and put in some frozen and fresh vegetables and some beef if I have it. What do you use?

I havent heard anything about covid here but then i havent been watching the news alot. I need to find a new doctor. I have no confidence in the one i seem to have. Hope she didnt give you anything. We need you to get some time to heal up.

maybe winter will rather mild for you folks this year. One can always hope anyway. 

I would have squirrels run along the edge of the roof at the house. At the apt they run along the carport metalroof and its loud lol. I think they followed me.

Take good care of yourself. And of course Kodie and panther. I bet Kodie had fun with your guests.

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

Soup sounds good. Think i'll make a pot. Im a typical guy i guess. just use V-8 and put in some frozen and fresh vegetables and some beef if I have it. What do you use?

V8 is high in carbs so never have it.  Dump Soup: I use chicken or beef broth, bratwurst, cauliflower, broccoli, brussells, bok choy, celery, mushrooms, red bell pepper, spinach, all chopped (food processor) and slice cabbage too.  Heat on high, cover, turn off or down and let sit on burner for an hour, cool and store in plastic container.  l used to make cream of mushroom soup to add to it but have since quit adding it.

As we speak, a snow storm warning came in, 8" (or more) Friday night - Saturday night, more expected Sunday.  Won't be going anywhere this weekend. Looks like it'll snow all week.  So much for mild winter. :(

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

I havent heard anything about covid here but then i havent been watching the news alot.

Neither do I, this is word of mouth, neighbors getting it.

I hope you get the power bill straightened out and closing goes well.  Escrow often botches things up.  When I divorced my first husband, I left him everything, house, car, furniture, just wanted out, well first thing he did was go party in Mexico, so I changed it to getting half the house.  He went to escrow and conned them into giving him ALL of the sale of the house since he decided not to keep the house!  When I went in there they lied to me and wouldn't even look it up.  Never got a penny, but hey, I saved my life from an abuser.

How you feeling?

How is kodie doing and how is Panther?

I may run to the store tomorrow and ill get some low sodium broth and do some soup. I should have some beef in the freezer so can use that.

Well, the house is closed and done and the money has been disbursed. I met the buyers and they are a really sweet couple and soooo excited to get in the house and start a family. I think my folks would be happy they bought it.

I was anxious to see the money go thru but not excited to spend it. there's really nothing I want right now. the entire process left me sad and numb. Going to take a week or two off and relax. 

I took the cable boxes to UPS then went on their website to chat and give them the ups number. I noticed they charged me for a new bill, the cycle started yesterday. Rep said she showed a zero balance so will see if they try and bill me. Im not inclined to pay $85 when I cancelled on the first day of the cycle. The more I deal with companies the more i hate them. 

I called power company back and told them to cancel the house so i hope they get my bill correct. Will see when that first one comes due if they charge me or not. I hate companies and i hate talking to reps because they can just tell you anything and it doesnt matter.

At least you escaped a bad situation. its sad to me how so many companies dont follow the law or their own policies, they just do as they please. i hate companies. But things worked out for you. 

Oh, thx for mentioning bratwurst, I think i'll make some brats n beans soup.

havent heard anything from any doctors so theyve given up on me. maybe they should listen instead of trying to force things on people.I still would have liked that one doctor to have told me about healthy nutrition, I guess when she asked if I ate fish and I said im a fishsticks kind of guy she was offended. Its true tho. I hate oily smelly baked fish. I just like breaded and fried or crunchy baked fish. Salmon if in a salmon cake or breaded and crispy is good. But a bit pricey. Im just tired of docs telling me instead of asking me. Oh well, im sure ill pay for it later. 

Now that ive been all mouthy...

how much snow did you folks get. How cold is it? We are high at 50 today and had some rain a day or two ago.

Stay warm and take good care of yourself. 

• Like 1

We're supposed to get over 2 ft by Wednesday but it's going tokeep snowing for ten days and this morning we got about 5", it's still snowing and they predicted 1.2" , so who knows what we'll end up with.

I got a shock this morning, my dish network billed me an extra $40, I'm supposed to be locked into an agreement, and no mention made on last month's bill!  I called and got a nice gentleman with no authority, they're supposed to call me back tomorrow, yeah right.  Apparently the agreement works for them, not me. 😡 They said it started over when I got my box...which was a replacement for mine whick was 14 years old and quit working. 😡 BS.  Bils don't reflect a change in agreement.

I hear you, totally agree, I think customer service went out with Covid.

My dog bites still hurting. Down to two left out of how many!  Lots of scars.

I'm sorry things didn't go smooth, it seems it never does but still hard to experience.

Panther disappeared this morning, typical.  Kodie is loving the snow, Panther not so much.  Have about 150 ft to shovel uphill.

BTW, here's my grandson with his new to him bed, smiling and giving two thumbs up!  My son put it together Sun. night after he got home at 7 pm, and did my granddaughter's the next day after he fixed the cracks in it, he made a steel bracket for it.

Vincent 123123 Bed.jpg