Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tammy's been gone over three years and in that time there have been many signs that she is still with me. Things that defy logical explanation. But, one thing that's bothered me is that she's rarely in my dreams. Last night though, I had a dream. One that was quite vivid and will be etched on my mind for some time. I opened the door to a house (it wasn't our house) and there was Tammy, looking beautiful and healthy and happy. I instantly ran to her with a huge smile on my face and held her and didn't want to let go. It was a moment of magic. I asked her where the heck she had been. I don't think she really answered but that dream gave me such an incredible feeling of happiness.

• Like 6

I’m so glad you had that, Mitch.  I used to dream of Steve and it felt so natural.  Now I know it would but a dream.  Hardly ever read the word happiness here.  We all need that.

• Like 2

Mitch,

Very unusual, after three years, I have had two dreams this week about my wife, Rose Anne.  I rarely remember my dreams, but both of them I was striving to reach her and finally we were together again.  So blissful.   When I woke up, I wanted to go back to sleep to resume the dreams.  😍 - Shalom

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mitch, I have had some similar dreams, with us being in a room too (hardly never in the outside). In these dreams I felt complete and felt what It was when we were together, the same sensations.

These sensations, if they come from my mind or from my spirit, I don't care. They are still in me. They are still alive. They have not been touched by death.

Not easy though.

My solely confort after these dreams is that, in an afterlife together, I will feel those feelings again, with him, and for eternity.

Peace

• Like 2

Mitch,

I'm glad you got that dream, I had one a while back, it was so nice to seem him, but his back was toward me, I didn't get that, not sure what that meant but maybe I feel left?  I haven't had a lot of dreams about him and I don't understand that because in life he was everything to me and we were always together!  Weird.

Back toward me or not, I still relish seeing him even if for a moment in a dream!

• Like 2

Jumping onto the dream theme...I had a dream last night I could walk again without pain.  It felt so good.  Made me realize the agony I endure every day and how it has impacted my view of everything.  How it has caused so much stress and brought the back surgery option into my life that would upset everything for months and if it worked, I’d be left where I am....alone.  Pain is usually an incentive, but when you have nothing like that, you’re trapped.  Just like everything, if Steve were here, decisions would be easier.  No one outside gets the utter loneliness of life alone.  Still trying to figure out how one adapts to that when it is your first thought every morning and your last at night and every moment in between.

• Like 3