Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grandmother

I just got news late last night that my grandmother in Florida is not doing well. She is 94 and has congestive heart failure and a number of other health problems. I know that she has lived a long and happy life and I have always known that it would be just a matter of time before this came up, but I am not ready for this right now. After losing my wife in April, this is just too soon. I ask that you all pray for my grandmother and pray for me as this is bringing up from when this all began 6 months ago with my wife.

Derek

Derek

I am so sorry that you have to go through all this again. don't you wish it would never happen. i will be praying that God will give you strength to help you get through this. Will you be able to get to see her? i know that Karen will be waiting for her and she will be at peace. i pray now for your peace. My love and prayers are with you. lori

Derek, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I have been thinking about this recently too. How there are so many people in our lives that we love, and it's going to be so hard each time-- even harder now, after what we've been thru, and are still going through. It makes it seem like life is just so cruel. I think we just have to think of the joy we have in our lives. Like our kids and the fact that your Grandma lived a long happy life. I'll be thinking about you and your Grandmother. Love, Laurie

Hello, Derek: Sometimes this stuff just doesn't seem to end, does it? I know I felt that when my aunt died, I was just beginning to get up off my knees and then I got hit again. I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother. I'm sure she is a wonderful lady. Please know I'm asking God to grant you courage and strength.

Wishing you comfort and peace,

Leann

I think I know how you feel. I lost my grandma last month and it actually didn't hit me until I was at the memorial service. I know what it's like to lose someone so close. I may not have lived close to her but she was one of my best friends. I hope that all goes well and if she goes, it was God's will and she will be happy with him. -_-