Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Now I Have Really Hit Rock Bottom !

WendyJ

Hello everyone, well my Mom had her biopsy's done yesterday and it is not good news. They found cancer cells in her Lymph nodes and do not believe it is Lymphoma, which means she has cancer someplace else in her body and it has spread to the Lymph nodes. From what I understand this is bad because the Lymph nodes will spread the cancer to other parts of the body. I am completely numb, I have so much grief already from losing Steve 9 months ago and along with the Holidays now my dear Mom has cancer. How will I deal with this? How will I continue to shop and wrap and decorate for Christmas and entertain when all I want to do is go to bed and sleep? How am I going to keep a postitive attitude for my Mom when I don't have one for myself? How am I going to be able to handle this now too? Plain and simple I am scared to death and now even more depressed than before, this is all too much to bear.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

I am just so really very sorry about everything. This is so tough. Does your mom live alone or close by you? How is her attitude? Sometimes it just seems like everything is going so wrong and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it, I know. This season so many people I care about are losing someone they love, a little puppy, just everything and now you get this news. Please know we are all here for you any time. I don't know if you have faith or not but I will pray for you both. Try and take it easy on yourself, I know it's going to be so hard. Keep in touch here.

Your friend, Karen :wub::wub:

Wendy,

You and your mother will both be in my prayers. The worst part of situations like this one is that the only other thing we can do besides pray is simply to do our best to survive. Try to let go of the fear and worry if you can, because it can't change the situation and will only make you feel worse. And don't feel you have to do all the things you'd usually do to prepare for Christmas; at times like this, taking care of yourself and your mother has first priority.

Wendy,

I am so sorry for the news of your Mom's biopsy. You really didn't need this right now with everything you're dealing with. Please know that I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers. Keep posting and venting we are here for support.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Wendy, dear ~ I'm so sorry to learn this very sad news about your mother. Some things in life are just beyond our understanding, and at times like this, there just aren't any words to convey our anger, disappointment and sorrow at the unfairness of it all . . . Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and please continue to lean on those who love you ~ and that certainly includes all of us. :wub:

Wendy,

My dear friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers, may God give you encompassing peace and endurance, I care about you and if you need to talk or support I be there, I know its alot of things right now. We all love you and have you in prayer, always.

Love,

William

Thank you my friends, I just have never felt so low in all my life. I thought I was doing well despite the fact that I am still devastated by losing Steve and I know this isn't about me, it is all about my Mom but how much more can I take?

As I was sitting here earlier in my kitchen eating leftover spaghetti all by myself as usual, I heard a familiar once a year sound off in the distance. It was of all kinds of sirens and horns and a loud voice over a loud speaker saying Merry Christmas. Well up my road comes all the fire trucks with all the beautiful colored lights and Christmas music blaring and Santa and Rudolph sitting up on top of the firetruck and I thought....This time last year, my house was decorated inside and out, we bought a beautiful tree and for the first time I had decorated the tree beautifully with Victorian Ornaments instead of the traditional ones I had used for years, and at least 10 times a day Steve would say to me how beautiful the tree looked, it made me feel so good. That night Steve and Melissa and I were watching some Christmas specials and baking cookies and we heard the firetruck coming up the road and we ran to the door to wave. As I think back to that night a year ago I was clueless to the fact that at this time I would be here all alone without Steve and my mother would have Cancer. How happy we were then with smiles on our faces waving to Santa and a fire going and presents under the tree, and as of now I don't even have a tree up ! A couple days ago I thought the most important thing was to get through the Holidays, now it is the question...will this be my Mother's last Christmas?

Love,

Wendy,

There is nothing I can say to make this better, I know. I'm so very sorry and I feel your pain so deeply. Just know that we are all here and that you will handle this, one day at a time. And never give up hope, you never know how things will turn out. Your mom may beat this and be fine. You and your mom are in all our hearts.

A huge hug,

Shell

Wendy

I am sorry about your mother. I just don't have any words that would ease your pain. Know that you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes it feels like more that we can bear. I pray for you and your mother to have strength to get through this. Sending you a hug.

Suzanne

Wendy,

I am keeping both your Mom and you in my prayers. Please remember to take your meds, you need to take care of yourself right now.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Thanks everyone, you are all so wonderful. She has an appointment on Thursday with the doctor who did her biopsy and her oncologist and to have another chest x-ray, which will be the 4th x-ray since she went in on Friday. They are suspecting Lung Cancer now, but not 100% positive. She only smokes about 3 or 4 ciggs a day now but used to smoke more and has smoked probably since she was a teenager. I will keep you all posted, thanks again for all your prayers.

Love,