Grief Healing Discussion Groups

From Karen - Please Pray For My Son

karenb

I called my son, who lives in another town, and has schitzophrenia but lives on his own with guidance from his case worker for a number of years. Two years ago, because of his disability people prey on him and others like him, in this instance with women and drugs in order to gain access to hie phone for drug dealing. By coincidence I found out, tried to rectify the situation with police and every way I could and, after trying to get this help, etc. he was evicted. Everything had to be thrown out, and he stayed with me for months until his caseworker and I finally found a place for him to live. Now I feel the drug people are after him again because some guy answered his phone and there was muffled conversation and it's now much later and his phone still seems to be turned off. I really need your prayers that my Dan will be okay and these people will stay away from him. I do think I'm going to have another battle in front of me. Just need your prayers, my friends. I don't think I can do this again.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Thank you, Marty. My heart is breaking for my child that I just can't help...these awful people are so horrible and mentally ill people can't seem to help themselves. I'm so tired, Marty, I don't think I can do it again. But, again, the good Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, right? Thank you, my friend, for being there. I just hate these forever tears.

Karen :wub::wub:

Karen,

Bless your heart, you just have more than you can handle. Is there any way that he could live in the same town as you do? I have no idea about your situation, but maybe if he were closer you could save yourself some grief.You and your son will certainly be in my thoughts. As Marty said, keep us updated.

A big hug,

Shell

Karen,

My heart goes out to you. You are such a wonderful and strong person. I will pray for you for strength and I will pray for enlightenment for your Dan so that he can see what these people are trying to do to him. Please know that you are both always in my prayers.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Oh Karen! My heart goes out to you and your son. May you find all the strength you need to continue being the great mom and friend. I will pray that everyone involved will find a way to fix this problem.

Take care :wub:

It makes me crazy that when it rains it pours.

Thanks. The caseworker called me this morning. After my call late yesterday afternoon she went to the complex, parked and watched the unit. She was able to see that my son was in his bedroom, the other person was in the other part of the apt. That person finally came out and got nto a red car. He was not "homeless" looking. Bless her heart, she went in and confronted Dan with how this person answered my call to Dan's cell phone, and that she saw him leave and my son denied it. There was no evidence of drugs or alcohol and Dan's eyes were clear. He still hasn't called all my voice mails, but I was pretty harsh with my messages, so he's probably scared to talk to me, and he should be! For so long I've dealt with "tough love" with my son, but always supported him for many years. He needs to know that those people who love him will "make" him tow the rope, no matter how hard it gets for him. I don't know what this situation is, but the caseworker is on it and she's been with him for 16 years. These people are such tremendous people who deal with so much most of us couldn't do. She has become such a good friend. Whatta life! Boy, I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm so tired my eyes are drooping. Thanks for being there my friends. It helps to talk.

Karen you must be beside yourself in worry. I am so sorry you are going through this right now yet you are still so caring and helpful to all the rest of us. You are one special lady and I myself are so greatful you are here to help us ! I love you dearly Karen, stay the special lady you are ! I will be praying for you and for your son.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Karen: I am glad you have such a caring and concerned caseworker for your son. Yes, unfortunetly people close to us have problems we cannot control for them. We can only do so much as we cannot live inside their heads or emotions for them. I hope this info gave you some peace, at least a little less stressful worrying.

We think about you- take care,. DoubleJo

Or as Marty said, maybe not roses on your pillow, but Roses in your dreams, beautiful well cared for ones (or the wild sort if you prefer). :) It is a wonderful thing that your son has had the same caseworker all this time, who truly cares, what would this world be like without people like that? Oh yes, something like we'd all feel without you. ;) Take care the sun is out there somewhere. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh Karen, I wish I was here sooner, fortunately the case manager is proactive and following up on him, I seen many a time falling through the cracks in the system, importantly Karen, you doing what a good mother would do, Is today a better day?

Love,

William

Thanks, William for being here. I really know that you understand because of your own situation what we've been going through all these years. The case manager is totally wonderful and has been with Dan for over 15 years. I think, when I panicked and called her and my daughter and my other son and asked that they call and leave messages with Dan about this and to call me - I think even though he never called me back, that he knew we care so much and also that maybe I put the fear in him that mom will do something about this if I'm doing anything wrong. I did my once a month food trip to him but didn't mention anything - I felt he already understood that I won't allow anything "bad" to happen to him. I did call him today and just acted happy and asked if he like my food, and so forth. I do love my son, as you know, and nothing will happen to him that I can prevent. Thanks for being there, William. I've missed you.

Your good friend, Karen :wub:

Hi Karen, 15 years is a good time to know someone, did the case manager intervene with a med adjustment? what happened to instigate all of this? I miss you alot, if you want to email me, I am always checking my email, he knows if hes doing something wrong he is accountable to you, hope he is okay now, it sure puts in the paces. If there is anything I can share I will do my best to make it easier for you and anyone to deal with the issues. one thing I learned over the years with my illness is to share my journies and trials to anyone that is open to it, it has many challenges, stigma with it, and sometimes mental illness causes us to do irrational things and thrust us into a dark place. Gosh I wish I had a mother like yourself :wub:

love,

William

She can't prescribe...only his psychiatrist does, but it didn't involve meds. He had an episode months back where drug dealers and users got ahold of him (bringing in women at first) and it ended up they started dealing from his apartment, was evicted, and stayed with me until we could find another place that allows the "Section 8" people to live. We threw everything away and I had to start from scratch through Salvation Army, etc. to find furniture for his new apartment. I Know These People! When I called 2 weeks ago a strange man answered, he called Dan, and the phone went dead. Panic for me. I made all the calls and went from there. Danny knows I will do anything to keep him safe, but I don't have the money or strength to do that trip again. I don't know what was going on, and he won't say but he seems fine now, looking forward to his new janitorial job on the border and things seem to be fine. I pray a lot and I will always be concerned about Dan until the day I die and then my daughter will take over. She's a wonderful support. It's so good to talk to you about this because I know you understand. The most important thing is taking the medications that help and, for Dan, trying to find good friends. I don't think he has that. You are a very good support system and I appreciate it very much.

Karen, I misprhased that, usually they should apprise the doctor of it, he became very vulnerable and they took a big advantage of him, and it does not help his condition either, I had a neighbor years ago that lost his apartment due to his crazy lifestyle and eventually people give up on him, he was a great guy sober but the drugs and lack of familial support eroded his life away, I havet seen him since. I can relate to the sheer panic you felt, wondering if violence or shady dealings going on, The meds do help, and I suppose he misses a dose or two at times? I think you have done alot for him and his job will keep his mind off the vices, you amaze me handling it the way you do, alot of families just give up, but you keep forging ahead, I hope you realize how special and how much of a impact you have om people including myself, I feel understanding talking to you, you have some incredible faith and i find it inspirational!