Grief Healing Discussion Groups

He Is Finally Here

hi everyone it has been quite a sometime since I have posted been coming a reading just have not much to say. Well for a change I have some good news my new grandson is finally here ...he was born om Monday June 2nd at 6:35pm. They named him BRODY GEORGE BRUCE ROPPEL...he weighed in at 9 lbs 2 ozs and is 23" long oh and yes he is soooooo beautiful. I have to say that I had a few tears very HAPPY tears and also some very Sad tears just thinking of Bruce not being here to see his beautiful grandson makes see sad. i hope that this will be the start of some very good times because god know that we sure could use some. Thank you everyone for being here these last 16 months since Bruce's death I'm not sure how I would have gotten this far without each and everyone on this site. Gail :wub:

Congrats on the arrival of your grandson, I too felt the sting of pain at the birth of my daughter, because of who wasn't there. But I know down deep in my heart that all of those missing, weren't really missing, they were simply watching from better seats.

When I was getting married I nearly planned empty seats with flowers on them, but instead we arranged the chairs differently and held the wedding outside, I was inspired to find in myself, that the best seats for a wedding or a birth must be from heaven, where they can look down and know everything, to know all the love, joy, yes and even pain that we feel in those special moments.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. It is a wonderful thing to become a grandma for the first time. Brody will be spoiled rotten...because that is a grandma's job. Like I said earlier it is still a little sad that Bruce is not here...but like someone said he is up there looking down and smiling on all of us especially he new grandson.thanks again to everyone. Gail :wub:

Gail,

Congratulations on your new grandson!!! It is like a little part of Bruce has been returned to you. Best wishes to you and your family!

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Hey Grandma ! I wanted to come on here so bad and tell everyone since I knew already but I wanted you to be the one to make the fantastic announcement ! You are one of my closest and dearest friends and you know already how so very happy I am for you and your family. You also know that Bruce was there right with you for the birth and will always be watching over all of you. I wish I could be there to give you all a big (((HUG))) !!! CONGRATULATIONS again !!!!!

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Gail, dear ~

As I was doing some other work on my Web site, I just came across the following (which appears on my Comfort for Grieving Hearts page) ~ and I thought of you and your precious, brand-new grandson immediately. :wub:

I hope it speaks to you (and others reading this), in a special way:

I never thought I could go on living when you died, but ~ I did.

I never thought I would survive after burying you, but ~ I did.

I never thought I'd get through those first days, weeks and months, but ~ I did.

I never thought I would be able to endure the first anniversary of your death, but ~ I did.

I never thought I would let myself love my new grandchild, but ~ I did.

I never thought tomorrow would be different, but ~ it was.

I never thought I would stop crying for you, but ~ I have.

I never thought that I would ever sing again, but ~ I have.

I never thought the pain would "soften," but ~ it has.

I never thought I would care if the sun shone again, but ~ I do.

I never thought I would be able to entertain again, but ~ I have.

I never thought I would be able to control my grief, but ~ I can.

I never thought I could function without medication again, but ~ I can.

I never thought I'd smile again, but ~ I do.

I never thought I would laugh out loud again, but ~ I do.

I never thought I would look forward to tomorrow, but ~ I do.

I never thought I'd reconcile your death, but ~ I have.

I never thought I would be able to create that "new normal," but ~ I have.

I never thought I'd want to go on living after you died, but ~ I do.

Always missing you,

always loving you,

and thinking of you daily,

with a smile on my face ~

and tears in my heart.

-- Author Unknown

Marty thank you that was beautiful. It is true I never thought that I would survive Bruce's death but every day it gets a little better and then there are day's that are not so good. I thank god everyday that my daughter found this website for me it and all the people on here have helped. Gail :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA! We are all so excited for you! We have losses in our lives, but also some good things, and this is definitely one of those! :P