Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi everyone:

I know it is a tough time for everyone who has losed a loved one. I know that I am blessed with family and friends and especially my friends on this site. If it wasn't for all of you, I don't know how I would get through the days, weeks and months that I have gone through. Sometimes I do not post, but I do read all the posts and just by reading them you all have helped me.

I am thankful that I have found such wonderful and caring friends like you.

I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne :wub:

Oh Jeanne, we wish YOU a Happy Thanksgiving too, and to ALL of the people here on this site! I have told all of my friends and family about this site, it is the most special place to be, I've never seen a group like this, so caring and sensitive and thoughtful. Somehow God brought us all together and for that I am grateful.

I know all of us wish we could have our lives back like it was and spend the holidays with our spouse the way we used to, but remember they are there whether we see them or not, and they wish us happy with our families and friends around us. CARRY THEM WITH YOU!

I love you,

KayC

When I count my blessings, I find that what I value most in life are the treasures that are free ~ including the members of our GH family, all of whom are so very dear to me. I am thinking of you all and wishing each one of you life's dearest blessings, on Thanksgiving Day and always :wub:

This seems like a good place to share my favorite poem. It was written by Frnk Demspter Sherman.

"It's been my joy in life to find

at every turning of the road,

The strong arm of a comrade kind

to help me onward with my load.

And since I have no gold to give

and love alone must make amends,

My only prayer is while I live

Lord, make me worthy of my friends."

Thank you and God's blessings to all of you friends!

Kath

I would wish that I could say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and know that it would be a good day. We all know why some of us will feel little more than pain and loss today. God be with those whose sorrow is especially deep. Please try to look for small blessings today. I have found many already, each and everyone of you. Thank you for being here to carry me along when I wasn`t able to put one foot in front of another, for all of your kind words and comforting thoughts and insights into why and how things are the way they are. God bless you all this day and always! ((( :wub: )))

Fred,

I'm going to try and take your advice today. This is my first Thanksgiving without Harry. Instead of focusing on my pain, I'm really going to try and count my blessings today. When I opened my email this morning someone had forwarded an email with a picture of twin albino deer. I wanted so badly to show it to Harry as he loved to go "deer hunting" with his eyes. Since that is not possible I'm taking this as a blessing...to see something first thing this morning that he loved so much. Thank you for the advice. I get so stuck in my pain sometimes. Like Jeanne, my family and friends love me and I am so very blessed in feeling their love and support.

I pray for a feeling of peace and love for each of you today.

Guest moparlicious

thank you for the Happy Thanksgiving wishes from all, I am sorry I cannot say I am happy today. My first Thanksgiving without Dan was last year but, it was only 3 months, now this is the first year without him and I woke up at 3:30 sobbing. I am going to be with my brother and a bunch of family today. Fred- I am counting my blessings I am with my children for my son and youngest daughter are battling illness now. My son has chronic renal disease and the youngest daughter has many things she is battling. They are my blessing and the middle daughter will be with us today. Another BIG blessing for me is each and every one of you, for every tear I cry and every step I take backwards I have all of you to help me go forward. I thank God for YOU all and I am so grateful for you all. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you, Kim :wub:

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. It hasn't started out well, besides being the first Thanksgiving without Tom it is also the anniversary of when we found out his chemos wasn't working - so basically the beginning of the end. I hope being around people later will help take the sting out. Am trying to watch the Macy's parade but right now they are singing," I'm everything I am because you loved me" and that's not helping. Think I'll go make out some bill payments.

I'm praying we all make it through today with a least a "twinkle" of happiness.

My thoughts are with each of you today and I pray you all have a good Thanksgiving. Especially Mary Linda, I hope you can have a good day in spite of the remembering...

I love you all,

KayC