Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New Year's Thank You

Happy New Year to all who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other. And a special Thank You to all who have offered me support since my Jeannie died from cancer in April 2005 - 99 days after the initial diagnosis.

I still miss her very much and always will, BUT I do have many many happy memories of Christmases and New Year's Eve past.

Blessings to All - I hope your 2009 is a good year for you.:-)

Happy New Year from Karen.....you all have meant so much to me, such a wonderful family. It's amazing how we all have connected in such a way....no judment, no anything but just caring for the other person who's gone through the same things. I'm so grateful for you all. I pray your new year will bring a measure of peace for you as it has for me. I love you all.

Your friend, Karen

I am so thankful for everyone here. I hope everyone had a decent New Year's Eve in whatever way you celebrated. I was with Tom's family and actually had a decent time. I came home, blew him a kiss and popped his ever not so favorite confetti. I had to get back at him somehow.

Happy New Year to all who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other. And a special Thank You to all who have offered me support since my Jeannie died from cancer in April 2005 - 99 days after the initial diagnosis.

I still miss her very much and always will, BUT I do have many many happy memories of Christmases and New Year's Eve past.

Blessings to All - I hope your 2009 is a good year for you.:-)

hello there,i am new at this writing on here, but, i found this just a few days ago, because i was looking for some help or to see why i have not healed all the way. i too, lost my spouse in nov. of2005. but, just cant seem to completely be the way i was before he died. so finding this site, and reading from all of you, it really is helping to know, i am normal still. i had a friend of you all, to be kind enough to help me or tell me how to write on here. i hope i am doing it. just want to thank you all for telling how you feel, so, others who is hurting so bad, can actually see, that they are not going crazy, when freinds and family, are all tired of hearing you,still not getting over it. god bless you all and again a big thankyou leda

Hi Leda,

I found this site a few weeks after my Lou died in January of 2008. I am close to the 1 year mark and it does not surprise me that you are not "back the way you used to be". I don't expect to EVER be the way I used to be before Lou's death. What I am hoping for is that eventually I will feel as though I have a new purpose in life and am able to accept my husbands untimely death in a more positive light. Right now this is not where I am at!

I am glad you found us. I hope this site will be of some comfort to you. I can tell you now that you (without even knowing it at first) will contribute to our healing. We all get strength from each other. Sometimes it is from encouraging words but often it is simply getting affirmation of our own feelings and knowing that we are not crazy or alone in the way we grieve and/or choose to cope.

Leda,

Do you want to share your story, how your husband died, his first name...only if you want. I don't think we ever are the same after losing our spouse, we get what is referred to as a "new normal".