Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Jan Thurman's Dale's Angelversary

Jan, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. I know how hard this day is...it continues to be for me when that time rolls around. I hope you are able to be with your mom and daughter today.

Love,

Kay

Prayer to you today, Jan. Wishing you peace and strength today.

Kath

Thank you all very much for thinking of me. I did not see it until today as I have alot going on with moving and with my mom in a foster home so I haven't been logging on lately. My daughter, me and my grandson did a little memorial. My son-in-law had to work. It was a dreary showery day but we went down to the river where we had put Dale's ashes. We walked out onto the bridge across the Siuslaw. I had written Dale a letter so I tore it up in tiny pieces and threw it in the river. Then I had bought a dozen roses and we pulled all the petals off and threw them in the river. Then I popped the top on a can of Coors Beer which was the only brand my husband drank. Then the sun started shining. I took a couple of swigs of beer (which I hate the taste of) and then poured the rest into the river. At that very moment a bird sang. I said to my daughter is that a bird singing she said yes, and I think it is dad thanking you for the beer. We walked through the campground for a ways and talked and then we went to the Gingerbread House where we always used to stop and eat on the way to the coast and had lunch. I am in my 4th support session and I go out with my new friend that I met in my second support group session who lost her husband just over a year ago. We belong to a knitting group and I am knitting like crazy. I find it so relaxing. I just want to get this moving over and done. Not sure if my mom will ever be able to come home and live with me - but even if she can I am really not ready to look after someone yet I'm still trying to look after myself and until then she will have to stay in the foster home. It is a wonderful place and I have no worries with her being taken care of. Again, thank you for your thoughts and I hope all of you are getting through this terrible journey that we all are on. Jan