Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Past The Four Month Mark And Heading Out

Hi everyone,

I made it through last week. I just spent the first in the bed. There is lots to do to get ready for my trip out West, and I just write it on the calendar and hope it gets done, but lots of things don't. I leave on April 18th and I'm taking the laptop which is my husband's that I normally do not use (a Mac), but I figured out how to save this group in favorites, so I have that covered for the long and lonely hotel nights. I've not been in a hotel room alone with my dog ever. It will be a challenge and I'll keep you posted. Taos, NM bound. I'm sending a link of where he wanted his ashes to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Grande_Gorge_Bridge

Thanks everyone during this time,

Mel

Mel - - What an sbsolutely gorgeous spot. My mother wanted her ashes spread in the White Tank Mountains near a waterfall in Arizona, and I thought that was beautiful, but it was nothing as expansive and breathtaking as this.

I believe if you check the Internet for pet-friendly hotels and motels, you'll find quite a few. They are everywhere these days. If you tell them ahead of time that you have a dog, sometimes they even have a bed and a toy for him (or her). They almost always have your own, personal pooper-scooper.

I will be thinking about you on your trip. Mine to see Stephen will have been almost a month before yours. It's very, very tough, but for me, it was worth it. Just do not let the emotion overwhelm you. You must control it. You will look back on the trip as a fond memory. Do not let it be spoiled by doing anything foolish.

If your motels or places you stop have Internet connection, please give us a running account of your trip. I'll be watching for it every day. Remember, we are your family and our spirits will be with you to keep you strong.

As ever, your sister,

Kathy

I had to laugh when I opened the link. It is such a beautiful view,but I could see and hear Tom freaking out. He was so afraid of heights.

Was this a place that the two of you had shared or just someplace he had dreamed about? I look at the picture and just think of you setting him free. Maybe you will be able to send part of your grief with the wind.

I will be praying for you and your dogs safe return.

NotCoping, my eyes filled with tears when I opened the link. I think it is a beautiful spiritual place. I send you courage and strength for your journey and will be thinking of you. Drive carefully and I'm sure that you will surprise yourself, finding that you can do the drive, and you can do the hotel room alone with your dog.

Please let us know how you are getting on if you can.

Boo

xxx

HI MEL,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE...THAT IS BREATH TAKING.

I WENT TO THE PARK AND LET LAWRENCE GO, THAT IS WHERE

HE WANTED TO BE. I AM SO HAPPY HE TOLD ME WHERE HE WANTED TO BE,

I DID NOT HAVE TO STRESS ABOUT IT.

I AM AND WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU TO GET THROUGH THIS ANOTHER

STAGE IN OUR PROCESS.

KEEP THE FAITH

JACKIE

Mel,

It is beautiful! I wish you a good journey with your dog. I hope you can keep us posted as you travel!

My husband and I never got to Taos. He had been there before, but not me. He told us this is where he wanted to go at one of his birthday parties. I'm not a heights person either, but I guess I'm going to have to conquer that. I've been to the Grand Canyon and the World Trade Center, so I'm not panicky about it though.

I'm having some really rock bottom type couple of days and I hope I can pull it together before next week.

I'll need all the prayers I can get. Thanks for that.

I want to say more, but can't.... :ph34r: