Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wendy And Steve

Wendy,

How I wish I were wishing you a Happy Anniversary to the two of you today instead of just saying I'm thinking of you...we never know what to say even though we also go through it...the missing those special people in our lives on our special days...you and Steve would have had your big 30 today, I know that can't help but make you melancholy today. I just hope as you think about him and your life today, that it is the good memories that come to your mind and that it can bring you a warm smile to your heart instead of the pain of missing him. I love you and want you to have a good day today. Are you doing anything to commemorate it or are you going to try and ignore it in the hopes you just get past it? I never know what to do on me and George's anniversary...

Anyway, you're in my thoughts and prayers today.

I love you,

Kay

Thanks so much everyone, Kay you are too sweet to start this thread for me. As the day moves on my heart is breaking. I look at the calendar here at work and my heart is telling me it is a very special day, a day for celebration, yet my brain is telling me there is nothing to celebrate any longer. I just found out that on this date my daughters were going to send us on a second honeymoon as they always felt bad that on our first it rained the whole week. I am having a rough time of it today, but having my family and friends to hold me up and get me through this is so special to me. Kay nothing is really planned, wasn't sure of what I could handle. At midnight last night I lit a candle but that is about it. Thanks again everyone.

Love You,

Wendy :(

(((Wendy))),

I have had a busy day and have not been able to get online until now but I have had you in my thoughts and prayers all day. I hope you were able to find some peace today and remember the special times that you and Steve have shared.

Love & Hugs,

Corinne

Thanks so much again to everyone who posted and those that emailed me privately or called instead. It was a rough day but it is now after midnight and I got through it with some wonderful memories of my Steve and the life and the love we shared. Thanks again for all your love and support.

Love Always,

Wendy

Wendy,

I am so sorry this is late coming. I have not been feeling well................ anyways I am glad you made it through this very special day. You are a amazing women and I am sending my late wishes to you on your day. I love you and I am so grateful to call you my friend!~ Love, Kim

Wendy,

Sorry I know this is 2 days late. It is good to hear that you made it through yours and Steve's anniversary and you lit a candle to commemorate that. I was thinking of doing that on Marc's birthday in November. I'm sure wherever Steve may be he was feeling the same way you were feeling and thinking of all the times you shared together just as you were. If there is an afterlife and I hope there is, Steve probably did something to commemorate your anniversary just as you did. Just wanted to let you know i was thinking of you two.

Talia, Teny and Kim thank you so much for your well wishes. I still get sad when I think of what that day would have been like and how wonderful it would have been to have another chance for a wonderful honeymoon, but I am glad now that the day has finally past as I felt it was another milestone keeping me from moving on with my life and starting a new relationship with someone. I now realize that as much as I would do anything to have my Steve back I need to move on and be happy. You are all so special to me and I appreciate you all very much.

Love Always,

Wendy