Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Tragedy - So Soon

Good evening Everyone-

I'm writing with a heavier heart this evening. My eldest cousin Gary, while on vacation in Europe, fell down an escalator and is on life support in a German hospital while his son flies over from South Carolina to say good bye. The doctor had treated Gary's scrapes but he soon fell to the floor and they discovered a massive head injury.

None of the family members wanted to tell me as they feel I am too fragile from my husband's recent death. Gary lost his wife about five years ago to cancer. He was drinking alot and we all were worried. He met a wonderful woman last year and he was happier. The drinking stopped and he began to allow people in his life. In the back of my mind over the past few months, Gary has been my inspiration that I too may find some peace in the future.

So, I sit here in this big quiet house crying for my cousin who is leaving us from a hospital bed in Europe this evening. I assume my sadness is elevated due to my recent loss but it just seems so tragic as Gary is truly an enormously honest and witty person.

He was the family member at gatherings that would whisper under his breath exactly what the rest of us where thinking. Please say a prayer for Gary tonight.

Thank you as always.

- Linda G

Linda

I am so sorry and know that this brings a lot of your previous grief back to the foreground. If you have to go back to a minute at a time and you'll get through this.

Already said that prayer and hope that his son isn't alone in a strange country. My prayers are with him too.

Dear LindaG:

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I will say a prayer for Gary and also a prayer for you that you will have the strength and comfort to get through this sadness at a time while you are also dealing with your most recent grief.

Be well.

take care,

James

Your cousin sounds like a really interesting man. My prayers are with you and your family.

Korina

Thank you. I did receive my husband's final Autopsy today- so my weekend has become more challenging if that is possible. As Joe died while at work, Massachusetts requires a full Autopsy by the Medical Examiner's office.

Thank all of you for your continued support. Everything helps.

- Linda G

Linda,

I have been sick the last nine days and haven't been on line much and I'm afraid I missed this post. I am sorry to hear about your other tragedy, please keep us updated.