Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Feel Like I Am Loosing Everything I Love One By One

I never thought I would be alone at this time of my life. Although it has been a year since I lost Pat there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I could go back in time. I really thought that I was making progress. I had been staying busy and having some really good days, even weeks and then this weekend I lost my beloved pet that I had for eighteen years. I know some of you may think I am being silly but I feel I am back at square one. I have that huge hole in my heart all over again and I feel so lost.

Kat

TOTALLY understand. 18 mos after Tom died , our 17year 7mos and 10day old dog died in my arms after trying so hard to all night long. I don't know why I didn't realize that a dog's death would mimic a humans but the breathing, restlessness, etc brought everything from the last night with Tom just rushing back. I was going to take a "rest" for a while, but one day shy of a month someone brought me a new puppy that I really didn't want at the time and he has been here since. Sometimes I swear it is Tom. Like when he licks at my feet (Tom would always tease me because I can't stand to have anything done to my feet). There are times when he sits on my lap and just the way he stares in to my eyes, I swear it is Tom looking at me.

I am sorry you had to go through this again so soon, but just as you did with your first journey, take one minute at a time.

Kat, (((hugs))) You are not silly at all, one year after George died my cat "King George" died at the ripe old age of 19, it was so hard, I buried him in the same spot I'd laid George's ashes to rest. Yesterday my fiance broke up with me via Fed Ex. The grief I am feeling is overwhelming. The pain feels like my heart is bursting and I don't know how I'll live through it. So yes, I understand so much how you feel, that you are losing everything you love one by one. I too have just had way too much loss. I'm sorry, I hope it quits for you!

Love,

Kay

I believe our pets are great friends when we are left alone. I have a cat that was my grandson's before he went in the Air Force and he wanted me to keep it. Now that I am selling my house for a one story apartment many say==no pets! Since losing my husband the cat is so much comfort. He seems to understand and some and curl up on me when I am feeling really down. I will not move where he can't go too. Nothing silly about grief for a pet. There is a group on here for that too!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY understand. 18 mos after Tom died , our 17year 7mos and 10day old dog died in my arms after trying so hard to all night long. I don't know why I didn't realize that a dog's death would mimic a humans but the breathing, restlessness, etc brought everything from the last night with Tom just rushing back. I was going to take a "rest" for a while, but one day shy of a month someone brought me a new puppy that I really didn't want at the time and he has been here since. Sometimes I swear it is Tom. Like when he licks at my feet (Tom would always tease me because I can't stand to have anything done to my feet). There are times when he sits on my lap and just the way he stares in to my eyes, I swear it is Tom looking at me.

I am sorry you had to go through this again so soon, but just as you did with your first journey, take one minute at a time.

Mary Linda,

I totally agree with you. It brought back all those memories of that day that Pat passed. I didn't realize that their deaths would be so similar. The minute I saw how his breathing changed I knew that he it was only a matter of minutes. Everyone is telling me that I need to get another dog to ease the pain. I don't think I am ready right now and I don't want to rush into something and be sorry for it later. Maybe in a couple of months. I do miss the unconditional love.

Take care, Kat

I never thought I would be alone at this time of my life. Although it has been a year since I lost Pat there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I could go back in time. I really thought that I was making progress. I had been staying busy and having some really good days, even weeks and then this weekend I lost my beloved pet that I had for eighteen years. I know some of you may think I am being silly but I feel I am back at square one. I have that huge hole in my heart all over again and I feel so lost.

Kat

Kat,

Be kind to yourself during these next few weeks. The death of a pet can be devastating, I know. Years ago, when my sweet dog died suddenly after 9 years of loyal companionship, I suffered from a non-clinical depression for several months. I think it might have been C.S.Lewis who wrote, "All great love will eventually end in great pain". Be it for a person or an animal, would we have missed knowing that love in order to avoid the pain of the loss? I think not.

Kat,

I can not imagine how you feel, I know how I would feel if I lost one of my two dogs, they have been

my rock and companions during these last 6 months since Ruth left, I pray you may find some comfort somehow....maybe knowing

your pet is with Pat now...we have to take these constant negative's and give them some sort of positive meaning as hard as it may seem....May God Bless

NATS

Nats,

I truly believe that they are together. There is a song which I believe is a sign from Pat. It came on the radio in the car when I was leaving to make Pat's funeral arrangements. It was a song from when we first met. I have heard it numerous times when I needed to. My precious Cocoa passed away on Sunday and I decided to have him cremated. A local funeral home offers cremation for pets. They called me on Tuesday to let me know that I could pick Cocoa up. As I was turning onto the funeral home grounds the song came on the radio. I totally lost it. It just confirmed to me that they were together and it did bring me comfort to know that we will someday be together again.

Thanks for your kind words, Kat

Kat

I am so sorry, I have dogs also, and we always did, ever since John passed, my 13 year old is very quiet and depressed, she was his baby. I believe that they are together, it is not a coincidence that the song played when you were going to get your dogs ashes, your husband was telling you something.

God Bless

Karen