Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I just had to relate the dream I had last night. I've been waiting for one. It's been 7 weeks since I lost my husband. Last night I had a strange dream where it turned out he hadn't died after all. The doctors had been able to bring him back, but only temporarily. We knew he was going to die, so I decided to make the most of the time we had left. He looked fantastic, young and handsome - just as he did 30 years ago when we first met.

I made these foods he liked - homemade bread, fresh coffee etc, but he said he didn't need to eat. I told him (as I must have said a hundred times over the past year) "you've got to eat", but he said no. I told him to take his meds, but he said he didn't need them. So I gave him a massage, and my our kids came by to talk while I was massaging him.

Then at the end, he sat up, leaned over to me, and I put my arms around him. When I woke up I still felt him there. But I realized then that it was just my arms crossed against my chest. I was both pleased with the dream and bitterly disappointed that it wasn't real. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Melina

Now after getting up, I suddenly found a letter he had written to me twenty-four years ago. I had gone over for a visit to the states with our two youngest while he was fixing up an old house we bought. The dream and the letter both reduced me to a flood of tears. Can't stop crying. I am definitely never getting married again.

Melina

How cool that you had such a great dream. I have had only one real dream in which I felt like Mike was really there, and it made me feel so good. Finding the old letter must have been wonderful also.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

It's always a gift to have a dream where my wife shows up. I have had several, some of them we know she is sick and not going to be here long, the last one I had she looked very young and vibrant kinda like you described, it was very early in the morning and I woke up to go to the bathroom and when I got back in bed the dream continued in an almost subconscious state. I walked her through the house and was showing her all of the work I had finished since she left. She was very happy, we talked and hugged for a while and it was like she knew she was leaving again. I feel a closeness with her in these dreams like she is actually here again, maybe she is. It's 3:00 am I just got tired of tossing back and forth so I came in here to read a little, maybe I can get back to bed before it's time to go to work. Thanks for sharing that, I hope you are doing o.k. Take care.........BW

Melina,

I had a similar dream right after my love died. It has been four months since he passed away. A few weeks ago I dreamnt that I went to the hospital (he had been sick for a few months) and he was sitting there alive, there was a mistake and he was alive, I woke up from that dream like u feeling wrapped in his arms,it was such a strong feeling and it made me feel so close to him, I miss him so much.It feels like its getting worse than better.

About 2 weeks after Ray passed away the grand daughter who had been here daily helping me with him had a dream. She said Grandpa told her I should look for a pink paper. People looked but no pink paper was found. Then one day a pink paper came in the mail saying his life insurance from years ago when he worked for the Dept of Interior had an insurance policy of $10,000 on him. He thought that had expired years ago when he reached 65. It had not just been reduced a couple $100. Evidently he remember and came in a dream to tell her too look for that pink paper. Would not have been so odd but the paper was PINK......

I wrote about my dream of Scott a few months ago. Just last week, my Mom told me about a dream she had of Scott, one that struck her because she hardly ever dreams, and this one was so vivid. It was simply Scott down some kind of hall, laughing in his great big laugh and saying, "Come here, you've got to see this."

I cried when Mom told me, but they were good tears. And Kailyn, who was with us, at 19.5 months she immediately said, "Daddy", and hugged me and gave me a kiss. It was amazing.

Korina