Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Hit Me Afresh

Today it's six years George has been gone, and don't I know it.

Yesterday my dog got out and it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get him back. I was leaving for a trip and had three people waiting for me to pick them up and I didn't want to leave him unattended. Midway through trying to get him back, I got a hold of him (he's big and very strong) and he bolted, slamming me to the ground, where I landed on my mouth with full force against a rock step. It broke my nose, fattened my lip, hurt my arm, pulled a muscle, but the worst was what it did to my teeth...it shifted my upper teeth 1/8" over so that my bite is now way off and I can't relax my mouth...they are so tight against each other, I can't floss. Being out of work there is no way I can afford the orthodontics it'd take to correct it. While I'm in a lot of pain at the moment, I know that will heal...but my teeth...they won't. I cried. Not for the pain, but because I don't have George here to hold me when I need him the most. It's times like this that there is no one who can fill that void, no one who can make up for the void their absence causes.

Kay, I am so so sorry. What a fall. I have been pulled off my feet by my dog so I know how hard you might have landed. I am sorry you can't get your teeth fixed right now also and that you are in such physical pain. Mostly, I know that pain of not having George, in my case Bill, there when this happens. I fell last October and broke two fingers and tore my rotator muscle in my left shoulder and now so many months later I am still in PT. I am left handed. All I wanted was for Bill to hold me, comfort me, go to the doctor with me, bring me tea and understand. Not having the person who made you first is so hard. I am sure you did not get to go on your trip either. I hope your friends were there for you and understanding. These are the things that others do not know about with the losses we have all gone through. If Bill were here...that fall would have been nothing to deal with. With him gone...it was big. I hope a job comes along soon with dental and health insurance. Mary

Mary, I did go on my trip, although over two hours late...I had four people waiting on me for a ride and it was my niece's special day so I didn't want to let it stop me. Today, however, I am resting up.

Dear Kay,

I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. You are so right about not having George there with you at this time. I pray for you to heal fast and stronger. Dwayne

Kay, I am glad you got to go on the trip...I know it was important to you. I am just so sorry all this is happening to you. We are with you. Mary

I'm so sorry, Kay. Please rest up today. Is there a dental school, or a dentist that will take you for free, or on a sliding scale? I totally get what you're saying - even though things happen that have nothing to do with them, it just seems to bring the loss to the forefront. Hugs, Marsha

I've been with my dentist for 36 years and I think when I'm healed up, I'll go see him, maybe he can do something to help a bit and I'll see what he suggests, but I really don't think I can do anything until I get a job.

Thank you all for your concern and support, it means a lot to me.

Kay

Oh Kay, I'm so sorry. What an awful accident! What you're going through is one of my worst fears - what will the pain and grief be like when I'm hurt or ill and Glenn isn't here to hold me and comfort me? Fortunately, I haven't faced that yet, but I'm so sorry you are, and I'm so sorry that all of us will have to, at one point or another.

I hope that the physical and emotional pains go away soon. Hugs.

Di

Oh my gosh Kay, so very sorry to hear about this!! I hope you are feeling alittle better today. I, too, have had one of my dogs get away from me and also pull me down but NOTHING like whats happened to you. It's times like this when we are hurting, that we miss THEM the most. I'd give anything for a hug, some comforting words, anything!! I hope you can feel the caring from all of us here for you!! Love you girl, Deborah

Kay...so sorry about you mishaps..hope you are better today. I know how you feel about not having George there to sooth you. I have put off having eye surgery cause can't imagine going through anything like that knowing Bill would not be there when I woke up..Guess I'll need to pray for more strength...Take care

I was going to start a thread yesterday, but after logging in I read about Kay and her bad fall she had happened to her. I decided not start my thread, but I will write about it here.

I spent about 4 hours in the ER yesterday. I had to go because I could not empty my bladder. It had been 24 hours sense I had empty my bladder. I got a call from my best friend Donna. She talked me into not waiting until today. So I went and as it turned out it was for the best, They put in a Foley Catheter and took out 2200 ml. Then they stopped they did not want my blood pressure to go to low. They took out another 400 ml. They sent me home with the Foley and the bag on my leg, and a big one for night. Last night was hard to get comfortable. They told me the anti depressant and a swollen prostrate. I have never had problems before this. Saturday I did read that the stress of grief can cause problems like this.

I am not trying to take away anything from Kay. What happened to her is far more serious than mine. I just want to share that through the grieving we all can have the health problems happen at anytime.

I once read a quote "It has been said time heals all wounds, but I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time the brain protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but is never gone" by Rose Kennedy

God Bless all of us with good health

Dwayne

Deborah and Brian,

thank you for your support of better health. It seems like after Pauline passed away I have been hit with one thing after another. I know that it is just not me. I have read and a lot of people on HOV has had many struggles also. It seems in grief God gives us many challenges to go through along our journey into this new life we all face. AS I said before Kay got the worst of it. We are all there for her. Mine is just a sidetrack I hope.

God Bless all of you and my HE bring us all good health from here on

Dwayne