Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Last Day Of Nursing School

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to updated everyone on my nursing school. My last day of school was on Thursday. Next week I am going to a nursing home for an internship, then the state sets up my state exam at the school. I have already have had 5 job offers so far, most in Phlebotomy. I went to a job fair and had, good results from that as well, so I am on my way now. It has been a lot of hard work and late nights but well worth it. I finished number 1 in my class, at age 57 that is not bad.

Last Sunday Tuffs University in Boston had a memorial service for all the anatomical donations. I went and it was really nice, and after I had a chance to meet 3 of the medical students that were assigned to Pauline. We talked for about an hour. They learned from me an my faith and Pauline, and I learned from them. They were really taken back when I told them, Pauline keeps giving, because of her I am studding to become a nurse. These are young people 24- 25 years old. They were amazed at my age how I could have the drive and focus to make a career change like that, after the passing of my wife. I told them, Pauline wanted me to pursue my dream of nursing, and now it has become a reality.

I hope and pray everyone is finding peace in their life, after your lose. I have, I want that for all of you as well.

God Bless,

Dwayne

The Best and Most Beautiful Things in Life, cannot be Seen or even Touched. They Must be Felt with the HEART!!!!! Helen Keller

Congratulations, Dwayne. You have waited a long time, been patient, studied hard and now you will reap the benefits of all that. I wish you the best and I know Pauline is proud of you.

Peace,

Mary

Thank you Mary and Marty,

I am sure you both remember all the late night studding you had to do for your profession. Well It took the same for me. It was so fast pace taking 2 tests a day in every course, reading 3 chapters a night sometimes 4, but I loved learning new things everyday. I sat there and watched a lot of the young kids in their 20's only doing enough to pass the course, but in the end they only hurt themselves. I can say it was not easy thing to do. I had to make choices on my time, and one of them was the computer and coming here. I missed coming here very much, talking to all my friends. I will have time for that now.

I Thank You Both very much,

God Bless,

Dwayne

Congradulations! Going back as an older student in ways gives us an advantage and a harder time, I know as I too an an older student, but am going into Social Work specifically grief counseling and hospice work. We know why we are there, and what we want, were as the 20 something students are still trying to decide what to do with their lives.

Best of luck as you go into your new field!

amw

Congratulations, Dwayne, yes we are proud of you! Let us know how the internship is going...

Thank You, Lina, amw, and my friend Kay,

At any age it is very hard work, but you are so right. The young 20 something's are just starting to find themselves. I also do grief counseling though my church. I have several widows and widowers, I call and talk to quite often. Help them with their journey though this grief.

Today on my way home from the nursing home, I got a call about a job, I have an interview on May 25. Then I stopped by the market, and as I was leaving, a 75 year old nice lady backed into the side of my van. Hitting both the passager front door and the sliding rear door. It turns out she is a retired RN, so we talked while waiting for the police to come. No one was hurt or anything. That is the most important thing.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Oh Dwayne, I'm so sorry about your van! Is it driveable! I'm glad no one was hurt, but I know what a hassle it is dealing with insurance, getting estimates, being without a vehicle while it's getting repaired, and your schedules is already so full!

Good luck with the job interview, do let me know how it comes out, okay? That's exciting, you're on your way! I wish I could read you the Dr. Suess book, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Dwayne, so happy for you and so proud of you....and I know that Pauline is also. Yay....for Dwayne!!!!

So glad no one was hurt in the accident.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Dear Kay, and Queenimary,

No one was hurt, thank God, and yes I can still drive the van. The bid slider door will only close with the front door open. It's funny, yesterday I stopped by the body shop I use for my body work and Dave the manager said he just seen me lasts week. Now I am back for body work. You just never know.

Queenimary, thank you, I know Pauline is very proud of me. She always knew that I could do whatever I put my mind to. When things in our apartment needed fixed or we painted, wallpaper, put up a mirrored wall, tile a floor, new faucets in the bathroom and the kitchen, she depended on me to do it. I was even going to do a treatment on the Formica counter tops, but she passed before we got that done. I real truly love taking care of others in need. She wanted this for me so much after she passed. I plan on just keep going in my studies, until I become a RN. I may be 60 or 61 by then, but I really feel and have the energy of 29. I know I will make that dream come true also.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dear Kay, and Queenimary,

No one was hurt, thank God, and yes I can still drive the van. The bid slider door will only close with the front door open. It's funny, yesterday I stopped by the body shop I use for my body work and Dave the manager said he just seen me lasts week. Now I am back for body work. You just never know.

Queenimary, thank you, I know Pauline is very proud of me. She always knew that I could do whatever I put my mind to. When things in our apartment needed fixed or we painted, wallpaper, put up a mirrored wall, tile a floor, new faucets in the bathroom and the kitchen, she depended on me to do it. I was even going to do a treatment on the Formica counter tops, but she passed before we got that done. I real truly love taking care of others in need. She wanted this for me so much after she passed. I plan on just keep going in my studies, until I become a RN. I may be 60 or 61 by then, but I really feel and have the energy of 29. I know I will make that dream come true also.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Good for you, age is just a number and we are as young as we feel! Hope all works out for you! Home and car repairs are one of the things I miss about Jim, if he didn't know how to do it he knew who could. My van is making sounds that aren't good, but I haven't a clue who to take it to, to make sure it is fixed right, and I as a woman not getting ripped off. You sound like you have many talents and Pauline knew that you could do anything you dreamed of, what a wonderful knowledge to have! Don't ever give up on your dreams!!!

amw

Dear amw,

I us to work on my own cars all the time, but not for the last 20 years. Even as a man it is hard to find a good trust worthy mechanic. I have found one in my church. He runs the repair shop in a another town close by. They do all my work now. I can trust them to do the job right, and the price has been better then other places.

Yesterday was a bitter sweet day. It was my last day at the nursing home Internship, My instructor did my review, and I received my certificates from the nursing school, so now I wait for my state testing, then I will take my national certification.

I also spread Pauline's ashes in the place she wanted. Yesterday was our anniversary of the day we met all those years ago in Chapman Kansas. It was a rainy day, and the best day of my life. Yesterday the sun shined bright, and part of her soul is always with me all time.

This is just the start of a new life. I will continue to work, to further my studies in nursing. The sky is the limit.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Yesterday was a big day for you! I imagine it to be very bittersweet. Please continue to stay in touch, we want to know how it's going for you!

Dear Kay,

Yes, it was a very bittersweet day. I read a passage from Hebrews, and that night at Thursday night service, the Pastor read in Hebrews, which included, the same passage I read. That was when the tears started flowing down my face, but it was ok. I am ok. I have this great new career ahead of me now. In a few short weeks, I should be working again. This morning I will at church greeting people. They all know my name now, I have a choir practice after, to get ready to sing next week. I am already ready. I learn the songs in about a week time. Life is great, it would only be better if I had Pauline with me healthy, but I know that's not going to happen.

Kay I prayed your dinner and day went very well. I know it did. I will call you soon. Take Care.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Dwayne,

How neat that you got to hear that passage again as confirmation it was meant for you! The last two days were great, now it's back to life...

Kay,

It was such a bittersweet day, then when I heard those same words again, I knew it was confirmation sent to me that night. It gives me so much strength in my soul, that I am on the right path, and doing the right things in my life now. It feels so good, so right. I think that is why I am so full of life and energy to give back to others. Because when I do I get 10 fold in return to me.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Thank you Stacy,

I am very proud of you also. I follow you on Facebook everyday, and you too have a lot to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work, and so will I. Always looking into the future, but never forgetting our past. You know I am always just an e-mail, or phone call away, if you ever, need someone to talk to. Keep those strong and positive thoughts, and energy flowing, the world I in your hands, just like mine. I never give up, or give in, I have, FAITH to get me through anything.

God Bless,

Dwayne