Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Significant Quotes

mfh

No, it's not medication. When you have a reaction, you have more histamine in your body and it makes you sleepy. I'm on antihistamines (time released) daily, but it does little to help when I have a full blown allergy attack. My eyes, nose, and around my mouth burn, the eyes swell, and I can't breathe and get very tired. That's why I didn't go to work Monday and went to sleep so early last night and Sunday night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-davis-phd/silence-inside-silence_b_3601273.html?utm_source=Alert-blogger&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Email%2BNotifications

This one is also good on Silence within the Silence. I think I read the Acceptance piece...rings a bell but I will check it out... lots of gold nuggets today. :wub:

Excellent articles, thank you for reposting them, Marty, I must have missed them when Mary posted them. Acceptance is hard in the beginning, I think it takes a process to reach that point.

No, it's not medication. When you have a reaction, you have more histamine in your body and it makes you sleepy. I'm on antihistamines (time released) daily, but it does little to help when I have a full blown allergy attack. My eyes, nose, and around my mouth burn, the eyes swell, and I can't breathe and get very tired. That's why I didn't go to work Monday and went to sleep so early last night and Sunday night.

I understand now. I hope those full blowns do not happen often....sounds quite miserable and not what you need or deserve.

Transcending Loss: Understanding the lifelong impact of grief Shakespeare said that “It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” Remember that loss is the pricetag for loving . . . and it’s worth the price. Life without your loved one would have been drab, empty, meaningless. The miracle is that you loved at all. Hold this blessing close to your heart – love is with you and part of you now and forever.
1070116_10153054035010374_1234415738_a.j

Center For Loss Healing Your Grieving Body: 100 Physical Practices For Mourners

“And no one ever told me about the laziness of grief.” – C.S. Lewis

When you are mourning, you usually feel under-rested and overwhelmed. Your body is probably letting you know it feels distress. You may feel you have no strength left for your own basic needs, let alone the needs of others. Actually, one literal definition of the word “grievous” is “causing physical suffering.” Yes, right now your body is telling you it has, just like your heart, been torn apart and has some special needs!

You body is so very wise. It will try to slow you down and invite you to authentically mourn the losses that touch your life. The emotions of grief are often experienced as bodily-felt energies. We mourn life losses from the inside out. In our experience as a physician and grief counselor, it is only when we care for ourselves physically that we can integrate our losses emotionally and spiritually.

George is definitely my soul mate.

Beautiful, Anne.

Joseph Campbell"This is an essential experience of any mystical realization. You die to your flesh and are born into your spirit. You identify yourself with the consciousness and life of which your body is but the vehicle. You die to the vehicle and become identified in your consciousness with that of which the vehicle is but the carrier. That is the God ... Behind all these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things." from "Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth with Bill Moyers"

Need a "like" button again, Anne!

I am not even a desert lover, but even I can see the beauty in this!

These difficult days of being without Bill through surgeries and unknowns and having trouble seeing have reminded me of how much he and I have shared and how much we loved each other and supported each other...I watched a movie today and this song came on at the end....says so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_r8pDziQKE

A beautiful video, Mary. Have a safe trip into the southside of Chicago tomorrow. I hope your appointment goes well. Drive carefully going back to WI. You are in my thoughts.

Thanks, Anne. I do like that song but of course I was bathed in more tears as I listened to it. I leave around noon tomorrow as I do not want to get to the monastery too early...then I see Sharon Thursday a.m. and will come home. I look forward to hearing her say all is still ok. I plan on the good feedback but still cautious (i.e. a bit fearful) that swelling has developed. No reason for that except my vulnerability. If she dilates my eyes I will have to rethink that and grab a motel. She does not like to dilate my eyes due to my narrow angle glaucoma...but she also said the surgeries would diminish that...so we shall see. She does dilate but keeps me there in case of a problem. I have come to appreciate seeing issues these days just as my hearing aids made me more sensitive to those with hearing loss. At the rate i am going I will soon be more sensitive to all losses....

Take care

Mary

Thank you, Mary. I hope and pray you don't have to go through dilation and no swelling! Maybe you can call one of us and let us know your report?

I will email or call (I think I only have two numbers) as soon as I can...I will be driving home after I see Sharon...so it may be late on Thursday before I get to HOV. My emotions are a bit more level and less labile. I have been a mess since surgery. I took Bentley for a walk this evening...not far as I am so tired. I sleep a LOT...I know this trip will add to that fatigue but I have nothing scheduled when I returned. Canceled appts until late next weeks. I'm getting smart, eh? Thanks for the large font. I will check in later..eyes are shot.

Peace to all,

Mary

This picture reminds me of us waiting, getting in touch with our soul, our purpose.

Anne, I love that quote. Saw it on FB I think and it just resonated....thank you. I am thinking of you sleeping with one/two ears open again as you did with Jim and now with Benji.

story people i carry you.pdf

Dear Mary,

Thank you for the beautiful graphic and words.

I started crying and now I cannot stop, for Doug and I were so very much alive together.

Thank you and I hope your eyes are doing better.

Much Love,

*<Twinkles>*

fae

remembering...being alive together