Grief Healing Discussion Groups

So....here's My Story

Hi Mary,

I know my parents mean well. I just want some time to be. BE. I miss him. Just talking with him....

My mom is helping me make flyers to hand out and put up. I've also handed my cards out again today. The facebook page is a great idea. We were going to do that connected to his page, but didn't get to it. That's ok b/c i fear Jen and her friends would destroy it. I'm not on there and Marcus was only on there to check on the girls. I have been wondering if and what has been said about me on there. I'm sure nothing nice :( i just hope they don't bash Remmie's Companion Care. He chose to be with me and wanted this business to be successful. They don't have to like me, but at least honor ONE of his wishes/dreams!

Sorry-got somewhat off topic. I would like to be able to get a page for the business, but Jen is on there all the time. I don't think i can as strange as that's sounds.

If you see anything about our company on there could you please let me know??

How did that painting turn out? I should look on one of your threads :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would go to Facebook and see if you can set up a page that no one can post on...it is just an information page. That may be possible. Then they can see it but not post to it.

I didn't know you can do that. Maybe i'll do that. I'm just afraid of putting our business into "their" heads if they haven't trashed it already :(

I do not know but worth checking into it. The other thing is to set up a simple website that no one can post anything on because that is how you set it up....and get it out there. Also see if local radio stations want to interview you about dog care, pet care. Also put ads in church bulletins. Whatever town you live in has a page on the web for business listings. Check that and link it to your website. A simple one page website is all you need. a presence. Word of mouth matters also. Ask your satisfied customers to give you a statement. and make a flyer with their statements and their initials after each one. post that in grocery store bulletin boards, and anywhere there is a place to do it. do not put them in mailboxes. it is illegal. it will give you something to do. I was publishing a magazine when Bill died and had to get it out each month. It helped me even though there were days when I did not think I would get to press. You can not grieve 24/7 and a distraction like building your business is totally in your control and you will honor Marcus. If you are in a small town, as I am, local radio stations are looking for interesting people to interview. I did that with Voice, my magazine. I would post in all the pet stores, vet's offices, animal ER centers, animal hospitals...flyers with phone numbers that can be torn off at bottom. Make it bright...astro yellow shows up...lots of white space...i.e. do not overload it with too much info. You want them to call you so you can talk. Offer to give them a free consult visit and maybe one free night. I have always seen my clients free for the first visit for lots of reasons but people are more likely to take something free. I do it for clinical reasons mostly but it is a nice gesture. Gives people a chance to size you up and you to size them up and see if you are interested.

I don't have anyway of checking on that since i'm not on their and don't have any friends.

Thanks for all of the advice. Some i wouldn't have thought of :)

I have been a pet sitter for 8 yrs and we started this business last December so i know most of what to do. It's the advertising and marketing i don't know too much about. As i think i've already said it was to be my passion and his business sense. He was a great business man. I just picked up the business cards he designed.

Here's the card he desined. May not be easy to see, but it came out so good. I hope i can make him proud!post-16377-0-76464800-1368329748_thumb.j

Nice card, Kristen, and I like the statement about your dog not even knowing you are gone. Think about opening a Facebook page under some name...make one up...and that will give you access to scout around in there. My friend does not want to use her FB page to collect friends or posts so she made up a name. you have to use your email address but you can make that up too with gmail. Where there is a will, there IS a way. :) Be good to yourself.

Mary

Thank you Mary :) i will think about the facebook page. Not sure i want to go there though. Some good things have happen though. The woman that owns a gift shop where we were living has been so nice. All the store owners over there have been, but she's gone tge extra mile. She's so easy to talk with and so giving. They all took my cards and put them out and said they would put up my flyers. This woman came up with the idea for me to set up a table outside her shop on a busy Saturday. Said she'll bring her dog to sit with me and make balloons to give the kids. I was thinking of making the dog cookies i make for the holidays to give out with my card. God i miss Marcus. I either really feel Marcus with me or i'm in serious denile. I can talk about him without crying-most of the time. Not many people to talk to period let alone about Marcus. I remembered when he took me skiing-my first time. I choose to share it (without thinking) with my step father. It felt good till he didn't say anything. Just looked away and changed the subject. I was smiling and laughing at all we went through that long day. I felt bad because of his reaction. Not for long though. It was and always will be a memory of US. I'm grateful to have them.

So....how did the painting turn out? Couldn't find anything you may have written about it.

I love the card, Kristen!

You might want to try the dog treats recipe we listed on this site and hand them out if you see anyone with a dog, they don't have any wheat in them.

Kay and Kristen, I have to speak up and just say that Bentley has had an adverse reaction to those treats...I think too rich for him. See my posts on the pets topics.

None of our dogs have reacted adversely to them but we just gave them each one at a time.

Well, I made them really small...and then broke them up and he had about 4. He can usually handle big treat bones so I am pretty clear we are talking pumpkin here. Oh, well. :)

I'm thinking you're right!

Thank you for reminding me about allergies. I always wrote on a little card all the ingredients to be safe. I have one recipe that has cheese baked in and the other peanut butter. Both are made with whole wheat flour. I'll check out the pumpkin recipe you have though. I used to sell my cookies and cakes a long time ago and just naturally fell into making dog cookies 8yrs ago. Thought it was 6, but been doing this longer then i thought :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight just....sucks. sorry, but it does. I have been sitting here thinking about how Marcus and i should be on a beach or up in our ocean view hotel room in Barbados. God he was so excited to go. Go and get away from everything. Just be us. His oldest was going to stay with Luna in our apartment. I miss him so much. I just want to squeeze him and kiss him all over his face like i used to. I want to here him call for me in his sweet child like voice "KJ KJ I want my KJ" oh how i love his voice! I can't stop crying. I hate everything! No, no i don't. I'm just so friggin angry!!

Now i'm on my downward spiral. Oh god i want him back! Now! :(

So much for feeling better in the morning. The rain coming down makes me want to curl up with him and just BE. I can't believe this is my life. Oh how i ache for him. I realize everyone is busy and have their own greif to deal with. I just feel so sad, angry, and....alone :(:(

Going to get some things for Luna. I know one one really cares, but MM cared. I miss telling him things like that. Not seeing "the point" anymore. Business isn't working-i have nothing to offer anyone :( Marcus was my point as i was his. I'm just venting. Flee free to disregard this-me. The way things should be for me anyway.

Are you going to get her a tunnel? Let me know how she likes it/does with it.

Are you talking about the pet care business? I would think that would bring you great satisfaction, esp. since it was a dream you both shared. Don't give up on the idea, right now you're just down and that's to be expected. It'd be terribly hard to have a vacation planned and instead you're grieving him. This is a hard time to get through, I imagine you'll be glad when that vac. "time" is past.

Hi Kay

Luna doesn't like the tunnel. I'm going to bring it back. I need all the money i can get. She did like the sticks though. They are a version of raw hide for dogs, but for ferrets. I also went to the Verizon store. I didn't last 10min without crying. He worked so damn hard for that company. The lady that helped me was nice though nothing was found ob the phone or card. As i sat in my car with the rain pouring down i lost it. I couldn't stop crying and for the second time i got so pissed off. I was clenching the steering wheel so hard. It seems like someone switched my card out. That means all my pictures, videos, and recordings are out there. Someone has or had them. It's so friggin wrong! They are mine!! On the sort of upside while sitting outside a shop i searched my phone and found pictures we sent eachother in text messages. I saved them. I just feel....broken. i'm so tired, but fight sleep for some reason. I feel like i experienced the spin cycle, but instead of the cycle slowing down and stopping it's spinning faster and downward. I'm not getting any new calls with the business. We would be coming back from vacation tomorrow afternoon. God i'm sleepy

How ate you? How's Arlie doing?

Oh and i think i may have deleted your last PM :( if you have it can you resend it to me?

I'll look for the msg...

Could the swap have happened when your place was cleaned out? How did someone get your phone w/o you knowing? That feels like such an invasion. I'm sorry!

Have you advertised the business? Can you put your bus. card or a flyer in nearby pet stores?

I'm glad Luna likes her sticks, we've gotta keep these pets happy! :)

I'm stuck and i'm alone. Everything is hitting me at once and i have no one. No one to talk to-no one to see. I miss hugs. I never thought i would, but i do. I want someone to hold me, let me talk about MM and cry. I can bearly see the key board and i'm shaking. I'm stuck and so scared. I don't want to do this anymore. I'm notstrong enough. I want to be with you Marcus! I have no purposenothing no one

Kristen,

We've all felt the feelings you're experiencing, I wish I were there to hug you. Can you at least get a hug from your parents? Are there any grief support groups in your town that you could attend? It might really be of help to you. It seems you said it's a small town, is there a neighboring one?

There is just no point anymore. I lost a client due to how much i'd need to charge to travel. All i did was comment on pictures on google+ and their girlfriend got mad. No one wants to know me or be around me. Marcus used to say i was such an amazing and special person. Why then is there no one? No one even likes me anymore??? :(

No my parents are not "huggers". I wish you were too Kay. I've been like this since i woke up. I can't stop crying and see no hope anymore